Daycare Breeding Mechanics (When do you get your egg?)

froggestspirit

Hello! This is my first post here... I was trying to make a new AR code. Ive been using the Fast hatch code, and I realized the Instant egg code can be detected as a hack (im guessing because you can get PID's that wernt in sequence with an egg appearing) I was thinking, what if we made a code to just speed up the daycare step counter? It is said that the daycare does a check for every 256 steps to see if you get an egg or not, and I wanted to make a code so it checks this every 1 step or so (kinda like the fast egg hatch) I set a ram watch at both 0x0223CA8C and 0x0223CB70 (on pokemon black US) and there are 4 byte step counters. They are matching values to my knowledge. now... I ran back and forth on the road, in the spots where the daycare man calls you over. Here were my results: (breeding value of 50)

1st egg: 11A steps

2nd egg: 16F steps

3rd egg: 2F6 steps

4th egg: 34B steps

First off, there isnt even 256 steps between egg 1 and 2. second off, none of them are multiples of 256. can anyone shed light on the matter? or just make that code? xD thanks.

I'm definitely going to look into that. I plan on raising basically every Pokemon (final most evolution), and getting a code to speed up the process would come in handy.

If you could link me to it, that'd be swell :)

EDIT: I think I got it. There is a timer at 0x0233EFE4, and it increments by 16 (0x10) every step. When it gets to 0x0100, the next step resets it to 0.

I think this code should do the trick

Faster Breeding:

1233EFE4 00000100 (pokemon black US)

1233F004 00000100 (pokemon white US)

if anyone can confirm it, and make sure it doesn't mess with the legality, we got a code to speed breeding :D

Edited by froggestspirit

True true, this is a waste to those who dont care about having quick "legally" bred Pokemon, but to those who do, It can work wonders. I haven't confirmed it would pass as legal, but I assume it would, because it just has the game call the egg check every step instead of every 17 steps. (sometimes i get 2 eggs with the fast hatch code on aswell before the first one hatches)

you can't confirm that any of this passes as legal aside from checking the same things as pokes who were bred by the instant egg cheat. there is no provable difference, this is not worth doing. there is nothing to confirm aside from looking at very base, easy to see stuff. you're not doing yourself any favors by doing this.

Using the instant egg cheat can render the pokemon detectable as hacked if someone were to look at it. The RNG moves in a sequence. When breeding, you can only get PID's in sequence of a seed that allows the daycare man to provide an egg. By using the cheat, you get an instant pokemon, even if the game says that it was impossible for the daycare man to have an egg ready by using the RNG formula on the PID.

This code just has the game check more often if the daycare man can give you an egg. It works just like the fast hatch, where 1 step = 256 or so, but in this case, 1 step = 17. It's really preference, no point in bashing. It was something I looked into for a few hours, and finally figured out. If you really don't like it, then just continue using instant egg.

i don't think you actually understand how the rng works or how big it is. there is no way in hell to do this in gen 5. you cannot verify anything about the pokemon aside from the basest data. this is not useful nor worthwhile. the no one can prove that anyone used the instant egg cheat. if you knew what you were talking about, you would understand why.

Does it work a bit like this in 5th gen? RNG call to see if man has egg (every 17 steps) if he does, generate the stats?

or are the stats pre-generated before the 17 step check? I think I do have this mixed up.

the stats aren't generated until you talk to the guy and agree to pick up the egg. the first call to the rng to create the pkm/egg comes a small fraction of a second after saying yes to him. they're completely dynamic this gen. gen 4, the pid was made when the egg spawned and the ivs were done later, so you could have any combo. gen 5, everything happens when you say yes- the ivs are pulled right away, then the other data is generated.

also, the rng is 64-bit and you can't predict the next seed without having the full current seed. so.. even if you did do (pid + 1) to get the upper seed-half, you need the rest. what was it? who knows? you could MAYBE get a seed to work from with a giant for loop and an hour to spare. even then, though, you're basically always going to get a hit.

if you want to have a look around,

http://pastebin.com/u/Bond697

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61090&page=30

Thank you. Sorry for the hassle I gave, I had this completely wrong in my head, but this makes a lot more sense now :3

Edit: Also, do you know if there is free space in the RAM? I've made a code to load custom music from a re-writable GBA cart using AR, and having the song pointer point to it, but I dont know if it is permanent free space, but so far its worked

Alright. I've been using 23A9000 for a while, and I haven't had the song overwritten after loading the game before, but wanted to check if there was a better alternative. I've also tried looking for a way to put it in the save file, I was able to put it in the data of a few PC boxes, but then you cant access the PC

I'll do a youtube video when I get home. I think I can load the battle theme from soul silver (kanto GB sounds) by putting the data in a PC box, but I wont be able to access the box. I was looking for a way to have AR read directly from the save file (if possible because it has plenty of free space)