OxNITE's Pokémon Black & White Tools

Hmm...It appears that I may have been wrong about the other recoil moves. I thought that I was able to edit those as well, now I see when I checked back on those, that I was wrong.

Is there another way how I alter the power/accuracy on recoil moves?

I don't think there is as of yet.. If I can find the source of my project, editing recoil moves will be definitely included in a newer version. (You could also edit them manually by hex editing).

do you have any clue as to what "7" means under effect category?

ive tried several different combinations between effect categories/effects/stat manipulations and i just cant figure out how to make it work. maybe there are other special conditions regarding the "all" stat manipulation.

Do Silver Wind etc. have a '7' under Effect Category? Did you try to give Memento this value and then see if it works? If you copy all Silver Wind's values (including Effect, Effect Category, etc.) I guess it should work.. Or else there's indeed another important value I missed, but I doubt it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there is as of yet.. If I can find the source of my project, editing recoil moves will be definitely included in a newer version. (You could also edit them manually by hex editing).

Do Silver Wind etc. have a '7' under Effect Category? Did you try to give Memento this value and then see if it works? If you copy all Silver Wind's values (including Effect, Effect Category, etc.) I guess it should work.. Or else there's indeed another important value I missed, but I doubt it.

Sorry, I've searched around the forums(google too), but I haven't seen any infomation on how to hex edit the moves. Could you refer me to a thread or possibly tell me how to do this?

• 1 month later...

I have search and several attacks found that when I went, from the beginning until the end of the atack list was said to have an effect and when I went from end to beginning said another effect. Only the new generation of attacks did not show this error. Would be a mistake to read hex?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having issues concerning Hit + restore user health moves. For example, I changed the type of Leech Life from Bug to Dark, and that caused the healing to disappear completely. I tested this with various other edits, all with the same result of the healing being eliminated. Any thoughts?

• 1 month later...

I'm having a few problems with the results of editing my moves.

I can not seem to alter a move to something else completely. I gave Ingrain the exact same effects as Aqua Ring(so it wouldn't prevent switching), but it doesn't work at all. It says that the move failed.

I tried to give Worry Seed and Gastro Acid a secondary effect, but they don't perform any of their effects at all, they would only deal damage.

I made Fury Cutter similar to Metal Claw, BP 50 with a chance to raise the pokemon's attack, but all it did was increase the power of the move and retained the same effect to double damage over time.

I made SolarBeam, Sky Attack, and Razor Wind from 2-turn to 1-turn moves, but the move would still perform the charging animation; Although it did this, it dealt the damage of the move and ended there(so being a 1-turn move in the end regardless, just not the way i would expect it).

I tried to make Beat Up a 2-5 multi-hit move, but it still had the same effects as before(# of hits determined by party), just with base BP instead of relying on pokemon strength.

• 3 weeks later...

In which language was the program written in? I'm wondering if it's possible some damage values in your program so that they also show up in-game. Do you think it would be possible to, let's say, make the damage dealt from gyro ball "Base Power = 20 × (Target's Current Speed / User's Current Speed)" with a maximum value of 80???

^ C# , but that not simple as you formula, since is have 2 value are random on you condition on the game...

for that calculation is very simple just using a standard math operation plus sqrt or something is simple to add, but is useless for me.

I am having a problem with the move Absorb. I don't know what I have touched, but now it heals the opponent's Pokémon and does no damage! I picked a clean Rom, and extracted the Narc from it to copy Absorb's effect, but it doesn't work. If I set Absorb as a Damage-dealing move with the effect 3 / Hit + restores user's HP, it just does damage, and if I I set Absorb as a Heals the user move with the effect 3 / Hit + restores user's HP, it heals the opponent. I don't know what to do with this. By the way, I am using OxAttack 1.6.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was trying to make a U-Turn, but for each type(like using Teleport and Withdraw, changing their effects and whatnot to match Volt Switch but change the Type), and it never works. The attack deals damage, but it doesn't switch out. Everything is basically the same as U-Turn and Volt Switch, but it doesn't work. I also tried to make Quash like Dragon Tail, but it doesn't work either. It only deals damage. Please help. I am trying to do a big hack-type thing for some friends and myself to battle with. I just don't know why it isn't working. :/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

oxnite dude!, wanted to say awesome job!!!...and thanks a bunch!....I've been looking to edit infernape's mach punch for a long while now. Since i'm still learning the C# language etc....I thought it would take me a while before I could edit attacks.....but thanks to you I've managed to change mach punch from a 40 to an 80!...haha!...brilliant, user friendly and a variety of choices......highest compliment I could give.

Hey OX...sorry for the double post but just thought I'd report a bug I picked up......I tried changing the power of my cyndaquil's flame charge from 40 to 80 power....and it worked....however the move lost it's secondary effect and my cyndaquil no longer has its speed boosted when it hits the move....

Not really a big deal for me personally as I see it as a ''balancing effect''....would make the move very unfair to be so powerful and boost speed, but just thought I'd report it anyway, incase it also effects some other moves...