OxNITE's Pokémon Black & White Tools

Welcome to my first ever page with tools!

This page will be updated soon with a nice layout.

[HGSSSPRITE]278[/HGSSSPRITE] OxATTACK Pokémon Black & White Attack Editor | Version 1.6

Abbreviated as OxAT, OxATTACK is a tool that lets you edit attacks (moves) in Pokémon Black and White.

In the newest version 1.6, move mechanics are editable and some more effect descriptions have been added.

For now, the tool can edit the following aspects:

• Type
  • Category
  • Power
  • PP
  • Accuracy
  • Secondary effect
  • Stat manipulation
  • Basic effect
  • Critical Hit ratio
  • Opponent(s)
  • Priority
  • Frequency
  • Move mechanics

Click here to download OxATTACK Version 1.6.

Big thanks and credits to TwistedFatal, who helped me a lot with the tool creation!

I hope you like the tool(s). If you find any bugs, please report them here.

None of my tools are known to be 100% stable, so please remember to make back-ups.

Edited by Oxnite
Updated with a new download link

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ow great xD, i suggest disable all control if no any narc is loaded, thank you :) , wow xD

Edit: 1. if i change another move is must save if i want change another move?

About your question: yes, you should use Save NARC everytime you edit a move.

On that note, I'm currently uploading a newer version with slight changes -- it has disabled boxes before the right NARC has been opened. It also has an updated Effects list and more. =)

EDIT: Version 1.0.1 uploaded.

Thanks for your feedback and support! Please tell me about any bugs!

I will help you some attack editor, and PRC source code was available you can used some data is can help you out. I little not research attack data so i don't know another extra data....

for HP is really 50 % ?

But i think on effect code, you can added a label is indicate about number code, because if just effect description is will confused about number id.

if you hidden some ??? label/dropbox you can disable maximize for these class not ready (for public~)

Looking nice so far!

I guess this is why you haven't done anything with Black & White Deluxe. (I'm not complaining!)

I'll be sure to play around with your tools.

Hehe, well I'm still working on it! I might release a new version today.. Not sure.

I will help you some attack editor, and PRC source code was available you can used some data is can help you out. I little not research attack data so i don't know another extra data....

for HP is really 50 % ?

But i think on effect code, you can added a label is indicate about number code, because if just effect description is will confused about number id.

if you hidden some ??? label/dropbox you can disable maximize for these class not ready (for public~)

Yes, I always thought that moves like Milk Drink, Softboiled etc. restored 50% of the user's HP?

About the number code.. You mean like:

01 - Effect description

02 - Effect description

103 - Effect description...

etc.

Like that? Because I'll implement it if that's indeed easier to work with.

About the dropboxes, yes I should have disabled them, but lol if you mess up your rom with it, it's rather your own fault, I made them ''invisible'' for a reason hehe. But yeah you're right I should disable them as well.

I'm planning to release a newer version soon, it should have:

- An expanded list of effect names

- Editable 'HP restoration'

- Editable 'Recoil'

- Editable mechanics

hehehehe is not my fault, i just see it by accident (win 7 aero effect) xD , ''invisible'' ?but i still can see it xD

anyway thank you for create this tools, yeah is another tools but is not too bad, is really helpfull because you tools used narc soo is really safe from ROM damage (hex offset was replaced with wrong place).

xD i just researching item data and maybe i started to create tools for more easy to edit xD (I not promise it will share in here xD)

Since is not increase data, and this narc is a static (not change on filesize) so not need extra class to controll on header data.... xD

hehehehe is not my fault, i just see it by accident (win 7 aero effect) xD , ''invisible'' ?but i still can see it xD

anyway thank you for create this tools, yeah is another tools but is not too bad, is really helpfull because you tools used narc soo is really safe from ROM damage (hex offset was replaced with wrong place).

xD i just researching item data and maybe i started to create tools for more easy to edit xD (I not promise it will share in here xD)

Since is not increase data, and this narc is a static (not change on filesize) so not need extra class to controll on header data.... xD

Oh haha okay!

Anyway I hope to be able to improve this tool soon. (Now I'm back working on my hack, lol).

I have a problem with this tool sometimes. It sometimes works without giving me any messages, but sometimes when I save it says something about an arythmetic error...

For example, I edited Shadow Ball and made it 90 base power, I saved, and there was no problem.

I edited Dark Void and made it 85 Accuracy, and when I save the error occurs...

And a curious example, when I edit Absorb and make it 25 base power, there is no problem, but if I make it 30, the arythmetic error after saving happens...

The tool is fantastic, and I'd like to know if this is my fault or if it is actually a bug...

EDIT: Ok, sorry, it was my fault. The problem was that I typed the number and didn't select it on the list. Sorry, and thanks for the tool, which works well and makes things easier.

Edited by Serperior

But this tools is forgotten some unknown value, if oxnite was create unknown value with hex offset, i will help him for define some unknown value, and i try test it so it will quickly...

but i wondering about move is not affect with mirror/reflect move, king rock item, ect o.oa, or song move state ...

yeah Dx but if i have full time to create tools for help me out for researching some data, i can help someone but now i just confused with my schedule on my college. Yeah i just like my schedule program, is a Programming class xD and i don't know pick C# or delphi xD

anyway, you tools is make me easier to define some attack data more easy, fast, and accurate, so i no need create bookmarking and some script to see one by one ;) anyway thank you (well i used PRC too, maybe i will manipulate that SC to made more easier for me)

EDIT: Ok, sorry, it was my fault. The problem was that I typed the number and didn't select it on the list. Sorry, and thanks for the tool, which works well and makes things easier.

Alright! I'm very glad to know that it's not a bug after all. I guess no real bugs are found so far, so that's great. =)

But this tools is forgotten some unknown value, if oxnite was create unknown value with hex offset, i will help him for define some unknown value, and i try test it so it will quickly...

but i wondering about move is not affect with mirror/reflect move, king rock item, ect o.oa, or song move state ...

anyway, you tools is make me easier to define some attack data more easy, fast, and accurate, so i no need create bookmarking and some script to see one by one ;) anyway thank you (well i used PRC too, maybe i will manipulate that SC to made more easier for me)

About the unknown values, I know I still have to add them (in fact, they are even programmed in the tool if you make the tool wider). However, I'm not sure how to code it.. I still have to find a way for that.

but overall, layout on you tools is nice ;) and don't try make windows size is over than 900 x 900 pixel xD

ps: i will added you tools in my database ;)

Thank you very much for the compliment, Andibad.

I'll try to maintain the current window size. =)

Here's the newest Version 1.6 of OxATTACK!

What's new in Version 1.6?

---------------------------

--> Move Mechanics are now editable (added in a tab system).

--> Several new Effect descriptions have been added (eventually all effects have descriptions).

--> Several effect descriptions are now numbered (eventually they will all be numbered).

--> Information is now shown in a pop-up balloon when you hover over certain objects.

I hope you like the tools!

More tools will be released soon!

Every time I choose Powder Snow I get an invalid argument error saying "SelectedIndex = 19"

I'm not very sure what's causing that because Powder Snow works for me.

1. Are you editing an already edited move data file? For example, if the new move has a PP of 200, it can cause an error because the tool can only handle 1-99 PP (because >99 PP gives a weird error with question marks in-game).

2. Did you carefully select the move from the box? If you type in a name, first scroll down one time to select the right move in the list. If you don't, no move will show up.

Thank you for making this program, :D.

I do have a problem/question though. Out of all moves I edited, the only one that came up with an error was Take Down. The only thing I've changed was the ACC to 100.

This error appeared when I changed it.

Invalid Argument=Value of '112' is not valid for 'Selected Index'. Parameter name: Selected Index

And details from detail box if need to be seen...

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '112' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.

Parameter name: SelectedIndex

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)

at OxAT.Form1.cmbMove_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

OxAT

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/KTaylorII/Downloads/pokemon/5th%20gen%20attack%20editor/OxATTACK%20Version%201.6/OxATTACK%201.6.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Thank you for making this program, :D.

I do have a problem/question though. Out of all moves I edited, the only one that came up with an error was Take Down. The only thing I've changed was the ACC to 100.

That probably has to do with Take Down being a recoil move..

I still have to figure that out.

However, I might have lost the source of this tool while I was creating a new tool. O.o

So I'll see what I can do..

i came across this snag while i was messing with moves: i tried editing Memento to be a purely stat lowering move that lowers all stats by 1. when i tried using it in battle, it didn't work. all it did was say "so and so used memento" and then nothing even happened. however, when i tried to make it so it lowers attack, special attack, and evasion, it worked. has anyone successfully changed a move to lower all stats at once? i'd like to know what conditions must be in place. : /

@Megamonk4, I'm not sure.. You should open the .narc again with this tool and open Take Down to see if the error still shows up.

If it does, I'd recommend to use a new narc.. Sorry for any inconvenience.

i came across this snag while i was messing with moves: i tried editing Memento to be a purely stat lowering move that lowers all stats by 1. when i tried using it in battle, it didn't work. all it did was say "so and so used memento" and then nothing even happened. however, when i tried to make it so it lowers attack, special attack, and evasion, it worked. has anyone successfully changed a move to lower all stats at once? i'd like to know what conditions must be in place. : /

You should open a move like Silver Wind or AncientPower and check what 'Effect Category' and 'Effect' it has. Then, you could make Memento a similar move.

@Megamonk4, I'm not sure.. You should open the .narc again with this tool and open Take Down to see if the error still shows up.

If it does, I'd recommend to use a new narc.. Sorry for any inconvenience.

You should open a move like Silver Wind or AncientPower and check what 'Effect Category' and 'Effect' it has. Then, you could make Memento a similar move.

Hmm...It appears that I may have been wrong about the other recoil moves. I thought that I was able to edit those as well, now I see when I checked back on those, that I was wrong.

Is there another way how I alter the power/accuracy on recoil moves?