Introduction of Egg Pokemon?

Greencat

What do you think is going to happen with the introduction of Egg Pokemon? I'm wondering if they are going to pretend they haven't been discoved and/or give you Togpi or someother Pokemon OR maybe not even do it at all. What do you think?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As in Bonsly and Munchlax and the likes? Probably. They did that in FR/LG... and it's Gamefreak we're talking about. Anything could happen. The fact that you need incense to breed the newer baby forms means they'll just put the incense out of reach or something.

I remember way back in Gen II, incest was programmed into the games so that those two Pokemon won't breed.

That was taken out in Gen 3.

Hmm.

So was that why my two Electabuzzes were brimming with energy? I caught BOTH from the wild and couldn't understand why that happened. Is it dependent on similar IVs?

I don't think Greencat is necessarily talking about the Pokemon you need incense to breed.

But wasn't one of the main points at the beginning of the original Gold/Silver that you were sent on an errand to Mr. Pokemon's house to obain what was supposedly a Pokemon egg? The big deal at the time of the original release, was that Pokemon breeding and eggs was a totally new concept to both the gamer, and the game characters. For whatever reason, the various Pokemon Professors hadn't yet discovered that Pokemon can breed just like any other biological lifeform (duh, guys :P).

But now that Pokemon breeding is such an old concept for the people playing the game, it might make the beginning of the remake seem a bit odd, as we're all used to it; but the people in the game have never heard of Pokemon eggs before. At least, if the remake is done exactly as the original.

Since Johto didn't have a regional dex, I think all the pokemon will be available...(With the incense)

Its almost guaranteed that Johto will have a regional dex in the remake.

Also, the omnipresence of egg pokemon is impossible for game freak to ignore; HGSS would lose huge popularity if you couldn't breed in it *cough* new egg moves */cough* among other things, and loss of popularity = loss of money. Game freak needs money atm, badly. They're more then willing to edit gen II to make us happy. And if they aren't, then they'll put in the orange islands like the Sevii islands in FR/LG. I might add that at one point, I never left the Sevii islands in Frlg, which seems kind of sad.

Yeah, that's what I meant, TM2-Megatron. =/

I don't know where people got the incense idea.

I'm wonderign is how are they are going to introduce it this time. Last time, it was new, but after everyone knowing about it, what are they going to do?

Finally, the inceses have an excuse for existing xD

To prevent you from breeding newer pre-evos till you get far enough.....

This really depens on how much they are willing to change the games. Considering Togepi it should be the same.

They'll probably just give you an egg and say, "We've never seen this type of egg before." or "Eggs are rarely found in Johto, we'd like you to give this to Prof. Elm for examination." Or... something.

I don't think they'll pretend we don't know about eggs. :/

They'll probably just give you an egg and say, "We've never seen this type of egg before." or "Eggs are rarely found in Johto, we'd like you to give this to Prof. Elm for examination." Or... something.

This sounds most likely. Game freak is probably going to do that to avoid the confusion as stated above.

That could happen or maybe he'll say something that reminds old players and tells new players where the whole egg thing came from so they know how it started, at least thats what i think will happen.

Uhh... if I never played G/S/C and knew what Eggs were by playing games that came out later, and got HG/SS, I'd be confused.

If Nintendo put that the game took place a long time before eggs were found, then maybe... just maybe it'd work.

I agree. I bet they'll question on what is in the egg, rather than what is the egg itself.

Uhh... if I never played G/S/C and knew what Eggs were by playing games that came out later, and got HG/SS, I'd be confused.

If Nintendo put that the game took place a long time before eggs were found, then maybe... just maybe it'd work.

What would cause more confusion is to have a guy say that a scientist in Johto discovered the Pokémon egg, and have no discovery at all. And if a kid never heard of Johto, then it would cause more confusion for the hiker to tell you about Johto in the first place. See where I'm going at? This is a remake; Why not rediscover the famous Togepi egg?

Ok, I never played G/S/C but from what it looks like I think this should happen...

They should give you an egg, say that pokemon eggs were discovered a long time ago by a scientist in Johto, tell you that pokemon eggs are rare and wonderful things, and that the full extent of pokemon breeding remains unknown to pokemon professors. Then you run off happily ever after with your pokemon egg.

Ok, I never played G/S/C but from what it looks like I think this should happen...

They should give you an egg, say that pokemon eggs were discovered a long time ago by a scientist in Johto, tell you that pokemon eggs are rare and wonderful things, and that the full extent of pokemon breeding remains unknown to pokemon professors. Then you run off happily ever after with your pokemon egg.

Yeah... that sounds about right.

Mr. Pokemon (That's his name, right?) is the one who discovered them. I think.