Need help with my GTS Server AGAIN!!

Hey guys.

My Pokemon B/W DNS server, called PokéYOG1, isn't working. Let me explain in full detail:

Whenever I start up ShinyGTS, it works fine, except for one thing: it doesn't detect any connections from anyone!

I have Ports 53 AND 80 opened and it's still not working. When I connect to my server, it acts like the regular GTS.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Later on, I might start using a user-friendly of IR-GTS called PYE-GTS, which is still under development by ILOVEPIE.

Hmm...

I checked my IP address here, and it's the same as it's always been...

I can't think of why it wasn't working... I even set the Public Interface IP for Ports 53 and 80 to my IP Address. It seemed to work yesterday, but today, ShinyGTS just wouldn't work right...

EDIT: I'm going to start up ShinyGTS, and I'd like you to test out the server if you can. Let me know if it acts like the real GTS (you won't get a free Pokemon if so).

Do you have a router Yoshi? I'm suggesting that, if you do have a router, the assigned IP address from your router could've changed, which would mess up the port forwarding and leaving it to not work.

Also, attempting a connection via web browser fails while ShinyGTS should output some data. This adds to my suggestion that your router (if you have one) changed the assigned IP to your PC.

Do you have a router Yoshi? I'm suggesting that, if you do have a router, the assigned IP address from your router could've changed, which would mess up the port forwarding and leaving it to not work.

Also, attempting a connection via web browser fails while ShinyGTS should output some data. This adds to my suggestion that your router (if you have one) changed the assigned IP to your PC.

Yes, I have a wireless router. Maybe I need to check things with my connection, etc.

It's something I can attempt doing in the program, but it's insanely hard for some reason, at least for me. I can't find any samples for easily doing UPnP via code.

Never mind. I found the UPnP option in my router's settings.

I think I just have to enable / disable it each time I use ShinyGTS to bring my server online, but I'm not sure what causes the occasional problems...

Anyways, my server is currently working if you'd like to test it.

Also, do you know anything about how some DNS servers distribute Pokemon 24/7? I always have to tell people my server goes offline every night...

Leave your PC on, that's the only way to do it. Or find a dedicated windows server that allows ports to be forwarded and will run a windows executable.

Oh, ok.

I don't think I can leave the computer on, because that would be a waste of electricity.

I just wish I could force myself out of bed earlier in the morning to start up the server, because sometimes, the server doesn't get turned on until around noon Eastern Time.

EDIT: By the way, do you like my new banner? (it's in my siggy)