Pokemon ROM Changer

Hi everyone,

I have been using the original Japanese version on a Japanese BW2 ROM,

but when I try to save changes, it fails and displays this error instead:

This started happening around yesterday, until then I didn't have any issues.

I tried saving on a clean ROM, redownloading PRC, and fixing / updating my .NET Framework Installation, but the error still persists.

Anyone have a clue to what is happening?

Edit: I'm on Windows XP SP3 and have .NET Framework 3.5 installed, if that helps.

maybe you using PRC with EN ROM Offset. if you want open JP ROM please using PRC with JP ROM Offset....

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe you using PRC with EN ROM Offset. if you want open JP ROM please using PRC with JP ROM Offset....

I'm sure I'm using the right version, I didn't have any problems before, and I re-downloaded PRC just to make sure.

I figured that PRC might have messed with the offsets, so I tested with a clean ROM, and got the same results.

I'm sure I'm using the right version, I didn't have any problems before, and I re-downloaded PRC just to make sure.

I figured that PRC might have messed with the offsets, so I tested with a clean ROM, and got the same results.

i dunno, i was tested by me clean rom without ap patch and with ap patch, JP ROM black 2 & white 2 and US ROM black 2 & white 2 is work fine save and load fine....

Just played around with Unlocker and found that if I 'unlock' the ROM after opening, I was able to save properly.

The ROM ran without any problems on DeSmuME and I could see the changes I made in PRC.

So I guess the problem is with PRC not unlocking the file somehow after opening the ROM.

Wish I could debug but I don't have any knowledge in programming :\

Hello, I tried to use this rom changer on an italian rom but when I select a pokemon from the list this is what it happens:

]Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at POKEMON_BW2.Form1.WriteData(Int32 index)

at POKEMON_BW2.Form1.listBox1_SelectedIndexChanged(Ob ject sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChange d(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Mess age& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5456 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

prc_bw2

Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 0.0.1.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/user/Desktop/bbvw2/desmumejit/Roms/Pokemon%205░%20Gen%20Evolution%20Editor/prc_bw2.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5460 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5456 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5462 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I have windows vista with .net framework 3.5. Am i doing something wrong? Do I need something to run this tools? Thanks in advance and congrats for this great tool!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This program is awesome :o I've been using it and wanted to know if its possible to add more evolution options on Eevee? I'm going to edit out a few useless Pokemon and wanted to use their spots for new types of Eeveelutions :P

This program is awesome :o I've been using it and wanted to know if its possible to add more evolution options on Eevee? I'm going to edit out a few useless Pokemon and wanted to use their spots for new types of Eeveelutions :P

I'm not sure if it is possible to add more evolution methods beyond what the program allows. So probably not.

You might just want to use the other stones as an evolution method (ie leaf for Leafeon and Shiny for Glaceon) instead of the proximity location method.

It's been a while since I tried using PRC with BW2, but tonight I tried re-downloading everything and using it again. Sadly, it's not working properly. It always USED to work great, which puzzles me.

When I try using the waza (attack) editor, I get this exception:

************** Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '17' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.

Parameter name: Value

at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)

at POKEMON_BW2.SkillForm.ReadData(Int32 index)

at POKEMON_BW2.SkillForm..ctor(SkillData[] skill)

at POKEMON_BW2.Form1.skillToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

The untranslated Japanese version of the program works great, however. It's just a bit sluggish for me to use, since I don't remember what a lot of the attacks are in Japanese...

I have a question about this tool. I notice that the crit ratio of moves can be altered from level 0-6. Is it possible to change all moves that aren't "hi crit" moves to have no chance of critical hitting the opponent? And what are all the crit ratio values for each level?

0 - 6.25%

1 - 12.5%

2 - 25%

3 - 33.3%

4 - 50%

5 - ???

6 - always crit (100%)

nope, not with this tool. You'd have to change the Damage Formula (which is ASM hacking)

@aninymouse, be sure you're using the right language program on the right language ROM. The one by me is for English unpatched ROMs only, and I can't recall what the JP translation one is (might be for JP B2W2)

The Value 17 or whatever is it recognizing an illegal value for a certain parameter; the program works by reading off of a single offset (not pointed...) of an unmodified ROM's narc offset. So it's probably because your ROM isn't the same one I had.

• 2 weeks later...

You have to change the effect number as well as change to the appropriate "designation", i.e. "Attack & +User Stat", "Attack & -Target Stat", etc. It's sloppy to just change one little value and expect the game to fill in the blanks for you; you need to make sure you correctly fill out all the bytes and data fields, etc.