Pokemon ROM Changer

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the most recent version of ROM Changer work with Patched BW2 ROMs? I tried an older version of it on Black 2 and it didn't work, but now it does.
There's a version specifically for Blaze Black 2 and Volt White 2... but that's it. If you patch your rom with some random changes, there's no telling if PRC will work with that rom anymore.

"offset shifted/changed" so PRC can't read correctly with that. it will out of array, can't read/write correctly.

since is using static offset, not dynamic offset (NDS is have filesystem, can be unpacked and repacked like archive)

if is not worked just grab PRC sourcecode/reflector , open it, change offset, recompile , done.

Is there a learnset editor ( edit a pokemon's level up moves?

no, original prc is just edit pokemon stat, move editor, evolution editor, and wild pokemon editor only. since is just translate and just fix compatibility with US ROM, so is still same feature as original one.

This program is awesome :o I've been using it and wanted to know if its possible to add more evolution options on Eevee? I'm going to edit out a few useless Pokemon and wanted to use their spots for new types of Eeveelutions :P

You can try it but it will increase size of file, and prc will won't accept that ;) without modding prc.

The untranslated Japanese version of the program works great, however. It's just a bit sluggish for me to use, since I don't remember what a lot of the attacks are in Japanese...

Move list is on skill.csv , just replace with translate one, but remember before that you need convert them into shift-JIS/ANSI. but on my build, i was change into UTF.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
version of this program exist for P/HG/SS ?

idk why you not check on : http://www.geocities.jp/bt_vermeille/remodel/

PLATINUM : http://www.geocities.jp/bt_vermeille/remodel/pokemon_pl

--> "バグ多数あり。55茶さんのツールを使った方が無難です。" --> is have many bug, so no.

Diamond & Pearl : http://www.geocities.jp/bt_vermeille/remodel/pokemon_dp

--> programmed on JAVA, the interface is not good.

HG & SS : http://www.geocities.jp/bt_vermeille/remodel/pokemon_hgss

bw : http://www.geocities.jp/bt_vermeille/remodel/pokemon_bw

sry but i dont understand JP or chinese and translator crashes the site :x

can u DL versions for Platinium and /HG/SS and upload at zippyshare or mediafire ? ofc if the program is in english

i just need some good and not difficult editor

and one more qestion , i always must start a new game after i edit something in Black 2 ? when i use edited rom and load save from pre edit pokes are the same in grass

and one more qestion , i always must start a new game after i edit something in Black 2 ?

1. no, you no need start over your save data if is just edit or expand data table like wild pokemon or another. But when you edit, manipulate, expand some function code / assembly arm or OVA, on some case you need start over your save data. another example when you edit/add scripting event on the game, you can continue your game but you will miss if you was passed that event.

when i use edited rom and load save from pre edit pokes are the same in grass

2. what you mean ? you mean wild pokemon on a route ? it will depend on last changes on wild pokemon data. If you mean pokemon stat before and after ROM editing, you pokemon stat will change if you try leveling up your pokemon (maybe).

3. The program is used japanese language, i not try to translate it because platinum version is have a lot bug it say the creator (I would not change the structure of the code when i not get permission from the creator), dp is used JAVA language and the interface is not so good, it will waste of time if i try translate it.

btw actually is no need to re-upload them since on that page actually is easy to find the download link without you read all paragraph. Example for HGSS : http://www.geocities.jp/bt_vermeille/remodel/pokemon_hgss/prc_hgss.zip.

I almost have zero interest on older games so sorry i cannot help you, but if is have structure similarity with pokemon BW and BW2, maybe i try add that on another time like moveset structure is have same structure, pwt/battle/frointer/battle subway is have same structure, in trade game too but on BW is have extend data and not using pid.

sry but i dont understand JP or chinese and translator crashes the site :x

uhm i think your connection to cause that problem.

2. what you mean ? you mean wild pokemon on a route ? it will depend on last changes on wild pokemon data. If you mean pokemon stat before and after ROM editing, you pokemon stat will change if you try leveling up your pokemon (maybe).

i edited poke's at route 19 in grass (i put some legends and starters for test) i saved the changes in rom , loaded edited rom to emu and started the game (load save from "before edit") , when i found pokemons they was the same as before , for sure i edited corectly because when i go new game the poke's at route 19 was the one i put on :P

ok Platinium editor is buged (u asked already for premisson and u got no for answer ? ) , what about HG/SS ? can u try to translate it ? or someone elase can do it ? or maybe u know some other good programs for edit like this ?

ps. in POKEGEN u cant edit poke's u already have ? i tryied to edit some EV's and hold items but changes are no saved (anyway i use save rom at pokegen)

• 1 month later...

Hello, I don't know If anyone posted in the thread about this problem. So, pardon me for 'double posting', but from briefly skimming through the thread it seems my problem maybe, how do you say... "unique"? First let me get basics stuff out the way; I'm using Pokemon Volt White 2, done.

I keep getting this error every time I hover over and click on a random Pokemon in the "Species Data" editor tab: Here

With a message that goes as follows:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at POKEMON_BW2.Form1.WriteData(Int32 index)

at POKEMON_BW2.Form1.listBox1_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5472 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

prc_bw2

Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 0.0.1.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Apollo/Desktop/Pokemon%20Rom%20Changer/prc_bw2.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Can anyone help me, please?

Is the rom 100% un-edited; as in you haven't replaced any narcs/used any other programs with it? (are you using the right version of the program)

I've texture hacked a total of 9 Pokemon. I think so, yes; Volt White 2 Complete Version 1.1, right?

If you texture hacked with anything but hex (such as tinke), this program won't work. The source code is in the OP; if you find where the offsets were shifted to you can probably edit & compile one that works.

I see the "Source for prc_bw2 translation", but I haven't the slightest idea about what you're talking about, lol. I'm pretty much as 'layman' as you can get with programs, hacks, etc...

By the way do you know where I can find the "tinke" you mentioned?

By the way do you know where I can find the "tinke" you mentioned?

gbatemp, author is neoplex

A way to solve your problem is to extract /a/0/1/6 (with nitroexplorer 2b) and insert it into a clean ROM. If you then use the regular program it should be able to edit the species data for you. When you're done, insert it back into BBVW2.

A way to solve your problem is to extract /a/0/1/6 (with nitroexplorer 2b) and insert it into a clean ROM. If you then use the regular program it should be able to edit the species data for you. When you're done, insert it back into BBVW2.

I'l try it and see what happens. You've been very helpful, and patient, Kaphotics. Thank you very much!

One last question. For the Clean Rom, should I still use the Blaze Black & Volt White 2 rom changer, or Do I need to use the regular Black 2 & White 2 rom changer?

Edited by Roland

• 7 months later...

So sorry for reviving random threads, and posing questions all over the place but...

In this program, is it possible to making it so that you can add new evolution s?

As in, make it possible for an Eevee to be given a dawn stone, and evolve into Happiny, without deleting one of the current evolution methods?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

This is a great hack tool. Pokemon Database and Evolution are good so far for me. Dont care about Encourter Editor much but it seems to be okay. Move Editor is more what I care for. Generally, it is great. I can edit almost all moves. It is totally fine to change Power, Accuracy, PP, Prioty, Category, Type, Class, Target Range, etc, except their Effects. It seems to not enable to edit some moves with special effects. I cannot edit moves with fixed damages (eg: dmg=user's level or = fixed amount like Night Shade or Dragon Rage). No way to get rip of fixed dmg by changing anything except turning them into K.O. attack. Moves requiring specific opponents or conditions like Dream Eaters, Synchronoise, Last Resorts, moves causing damage & making user faint, moves with 2-turn charges (Doom Desire, Future Sight) are all unable to change their effects no matter how their category or type, power, etc can be changed. These are what I have had so far. It seems to be problematic if changing between Damaging moves. No problem if turning a Status move to Damaging move, like I can change Lunar Dance into Psychic-like move without making my Cresselia faint. Not understanding about hacking stuffs, but I wonder if effect of moves maybe stored in another narc file besides a/0/2/1? I edited HG using DPP Attack Editor and I had to exact 2 narcs, and I did turn Dragon Rage or Explosion into regular attack. So I guess it must be another file since all tools hack for BW and BW2 move editing (this, OxATTACK 1.6, PPRE) have same problems about effects.

I also think it would be better if there are clear explainations for editing moves' effect rather than using "effect code", like OxATTACK. But lucky, unlike OxATTACK this tool enable to edit recoil/restore and not crash when editing (even just saving without editing) moves with recoil effects. Overall, not perfect but still maybe the best tool so far for BW2, so thank you very much. Hope someone can fix those problems.

• 2 years later...