First team of real consideration (MLG)

Chaos

The main goal of this team is to be offensive, i have added a wall for when the need arises but am still not sure of this desision. Please also note that this team is deesigned to MLG specifications and rules.

Metagross @ Occa Berry

Nature: Adamant

Ability: Clearbody

Evs: Hp 252 Atk 236 Def 12 Spe 10

Role: Lead

Stealth Rocks

Earthquake

Bullet Punch

Explosion

Note: He can get up stealth rocks but then i generaly just resort to explosion with him. any advice on modifications or another offensive lead to use are greatly appreciated

Umbreon @ Leftovers

Nature : Sassy

Ability: Syncronize

Evs: Atk 252 Spe 252 SpDef 6

role: wall

Curse

Payback

Taunt

Wish / Moonlight

Note: She gets sent in on a slow or week enemy and sets up curse. if i can get enough set up there is little anyone else can do. i am still trying to decide though, wish or moonlight?

Gengar @ life orb

Nature: Timid

Ability: Levitate

Evs: Spe 252 SpAtk 252 Def 6

Role: revenge killer / kamaikaze

Shadowball

Destiny Bond

Focus Blast / Energy Ball

Thunderbolt

Note: gengar is used to hit fast and hard. i send him out against low HP opponents and those that are to strong and need to be taken down kamakazy style. please help me decide focus blast or energy ball

Rhyperior @ Liechi Berry

Nature: Jolly

Ability: Solidrock

Evs: Atk 252 Def 48 Spe 156 SpDef 54

Role: Sweeper

Earthquake

Stone Edge

Megahorn

Rockpolish

Note: he is mostly generaly for mid game sweeping, rockpolish and sweep pretty simply

Salamance @ Life orb

Nature: Mild

Ability: Intimidate

Evs: Atk 84 Spe 208 SpAtk 216

Role: Wall Breaker

Draco Meteor

Outrage

Fire Blast

Earthquake

Note: he pretty much does what he says, breaks walls, send him out to break a wall then switch in a sweeper or outrage the next pokemon

Scizor @ Life orb

Nature: Adamat

Ability: Technician

Evs: HP 32 Atk 252 Spe 224

Role: Late game sweeper

Sword Dance

Bullet Punch

Brick Break

X-Scissor

Note: He is my late game sweeper but sometimes i send him in mid game, sword dance and sweep pretty simple

I am currently toying with the idea of switching ryperior or scizor out for a special sweeper, any advice on which one to switch out and who to put in or just to keep it as is is greatly apreciated. I would just like to thank you all now for your advice and will take it all into consideration.

Edited by Chaos
Updating Team

I don't have time to do a full rate Chaos, but let's see.

The thing about a Dragon Dance Gyarados is that he's usually a late game sweeper. And even with Outrage, there are better Pokemon for that job, like Dragonite or Salamence for STAB and higher attack (the latter of the two is preferred though).

Aqua Tail is good but can cost you your game if you miss. Stick with Waterfall. Not only is it 100% accurate but it also has that chance of flinching, which can help with Thunder Wave and Dragon Dance.

Speaking of Thunder Wave, I am not sure if Thunder Wave is optimal for Gyarados. I assume that Lum Berry is there because of Outrage's Confusion after effect.

You NEVER want Dream Eater on any Pokemon. Use Thunderbolt on Gengar instead... or possibly Destiny Bond to guarantee a kill on one Pokemon.

I will rate your team more later. I just don't have time now X_X

What is MLG?

MLG = Major League Gaming. Personally, I think its rather pointless in the Pokemon section and there are so many other user run tourneys that are so much better for all the games they have.

Also, towards the OP, MLG uses Smogon tournament rules, so theres no need to use useless items on useless pokemon (no item clause).

Gyarados: If you must use a Gyarados, I reccomend not using the freakishly weird build you're currently using.

A BulkyGyara would work much better.

DD/Waterfall/Stone Edge/Taunt

Has anti lead potential and can deal damage. Outrage isnt really worth it as Lum Berry will get eaten up by Twave fairly quickly. For an item, use Leftovers. And for EVs, use 156 HP / 108 Atk / 100 Def / 144 Spe.

/smogon

Rhyperior: Ooh, scary... Oh wait...

Honestly I think that set is bad. And I mean... bad.

Lets start off by commenting that Hard Stone is really useless.

I reccomend using a Rock Polish set with Jolly & Life Orb. The incredible power allowed by that set along with outspeeding Celebi and Rotom-C and the rediculous ease of getting that set it, coupled by the fact that almost all priority moves are physical, make rock polish rhyperior a true beast.

Metagross: Put Lum Berry on him and EVs to 112 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 132 Spe.

"The provided EVs allow you to outspeed max speed Timid Choice Scarf Heatran, who is the biggest threat to this set. 112 HP EVs places you at 329 HP, reducing the amount of Life Orb recoil from 33 to 32. One also has the option of dropping HP EVs and adding onto Metagross' Speed; 196 Speed EVs allows you to outspeed neutral natured, base 100 Speed Pokémon holding a Choice Scarf such as Flygon and Salamence, and surprisingly enough, allows you to tie with Modest Choice Scarf Gengar as well."

Get EQ on him. Zen Headbut is almost useless; the psychic stab isnt worth abusing, and Hammer Arm IS useless. Consider using Ice Punch, seeing as your team has only one other ice move.

Gengar: I was about to say "standard is standard", then I read the moves.

Thats gonna need changing. Hypnosis has 60 accuracy. A single miss by it and Gengar will promptly be OHKOed by any physical neutral move sent his way. Not only that but Sleep Clause prevents him from effectively using Dream Eater. Put T-Bolt and HP Fire/Explosion on him. Also consider moving the 6 SpD EVs into Def, although thats nitpicky at best.

Secondly, Wide Lens is useless. Even with it, Hypnosis would only have 66% accuracy and Focus Blast 77%; If you must have Item Clause, put Expert Belt on him since he has great coverage with that moveset.

Zapdos: Meh...

I can't see any use to that set whatsoever.

It appears your trying to make him a mixed sweeper when Drill Peck is essentially useless and you can't realistically waste a turn setting up Raindance to use Thunder; not only that, but Roost is a waste as any rock type move will OHKO him with that spread.

A much more favorable pokemon to be a mixed electric type attacker for you would be an Electivire.

Electivire @Expert Belt/Life Orb

Mild | Motor Drive

36 Atk / 252 SpA / 220 Spe

Thunderbolt / Flamethrower / Hidden Power Grass / Cross Chop

Expert Belt is preferable as the coverage with this set is great. The only attacking move is Cross Chop, but Electivire has such a great attack stat that its quite usable. Tbolt and Flamethrower have great synergy and HP Grass makes one of your ownly grass moves.

Abomasnow: Hail hurts your team in every way possible and you cant just add someone in because they fit in with the typing; you need to consider the role, moveset, and ability. This team has no synergy anywhere and Abomasnow makes it worse.

Lets quickly review all your pokemon.

If we take out Abomasnow, you have one ice and grass attack.

This needs immediate remification in the form of a powerful Grass type. Unfortunately, those are in short supply in OU; the only ones are Celebi and Breloom. Rotom-C is also a possibility.

Edited by wraith89
Calling stuff loserish is not good... lay off with the insults :-/

thanks for the reveiws and advice so far. i will switch out zapdos for electrovire and adjust the evs and moves. I will also probably switch salamance for garados. what evs would you recoment for a salamance with outrage-aerial ace-dragon dance-roost?

You want a bulkymence? :-/

Salamence really isn't worth using Roost with though. He's just come in, Dragon Dance, and sweep kind of thing...

Salamence@Life Orb (try getting that)

6 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed

Adamant/Jolly nature (take your pick... one raises attack, one raises speed, respectively)

- Dragon Dance

- Outrage

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge (can he learn this?)

Well I'm not the best battler, but I'll give this a shot

I really don't see what Rhyperior is doing. I recommend using a Swampert over him. Rhyperior is extremely bulky but has too many weaknesses. Swampert is also bulky but comes with 1 weakness. I recommend this set.

Swampert @ Leftovers

Relaxed 240 Hp | 216 Def | 52 SpAtk

- Stealth Rock

- Protect | Roar

- Hydro Pump | Ice Beam

- Earthquake

Stealth Rock helps a lot with the flying types that could switch in. Protect to scout or Roar to phaze away Baton Pass teams. Hydro Pump gives you a strong STAB and helps with Skarmory that switch in. Ice Beam if you need a check to Salamence. EQ is just awesome.

As for Gyara, Outrage is really useless. The set that Illithian posted is great.

As for Zapdos, i would change him to a Jolteon. GyaraJolt is a really good combo as Jolteon gains Hp when it switches into Electric attacks aimed at Gyarados.

i think you should use this set.

Jolteon @ Choice Specs

Timid 4 Def | 252 SpAtk | 252 Spd

- Thunderbolt

- Hidden power [Grass]

- Shadow Ball

- Baton Pass

Thunderbolt coming off of SpecsJolt is really powerful. HP Grass helps with Swampert. Shadow Ball for Latias | Celebi that resist the other 2 moves. Baton Pass is really a scouting move. Switch Jolt in electric attacks and Baton Pass when | if they switch and bring in an appropriate counter.

Agiligross is a good poke but the Ev spread is wierd.

This is a really good set.

Metagross @ Life Orb | Lum Berry | Leftovers

Adamant 48 Hp | 252 Atk | 12 Def | 196 Spd

- Agility

- Meteor Mash

- Earthquake

- Thunderpunch

Pretty straightfoward. Agility and sweep. The item is tricky. Life Orb increases power but causes recoil, Lum Berry is for bulky pokemon(Celebi) that would come in and try to paralyze you. Leftovers for all around survivability.

A good partner with this metagross is Salamence. I would put in Salamence over Abomasnow since its not really doing anything except damaging your team with hail.

Salamence @ Life Orb | Yache Berry

Naive 232 Atk | 24 SpAtk | 252 Spd

- Dragon Dance

- Outrage | Dragon Claw

- Earthquake

- Fire Blast

Just like Metagross, DD and sweep. Outrage is an incredibly strong STAB but locks you in while Dragon Claw lets you attack while leaving you free to switch. Earthquake and Fire Blast are coverage moves. Dragon | Ground | Fire hits every pokemon for nuetral damage. Life Orb for power, or Yache Berry to weaken Ice Attacks.

Gengar is good but needs work on its moveset. I would place a Choice Scarf on it to help revenge kill.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf

Timid 4 Def | 252 SpAtk | 252 Spd

- Shadow Ball

- Thunderbolt

- Focus Blast

- Trick | HP Ice

Shadow ball and Focus Blast give you perfect coverage while Thunderbolt gets good coverage with Shadow Ball. Trick to cripple an incoming wall or HP Ice to murder dragon type that stay in.

Keep in mind Fire Blast is there on Salamence to take out Bronzong or Skarmory in one to two shots. :)

I'd go with Ice Beam on Swampert... Water + Ground coverage is redundant. Hydro Pump is ONLY there if you're scared of Skarmory, but Skarmory's not a big threat. If it whirlwinds you away, you have other teammates that can take it down (such as Gengar).

Dimi, I think this person's playing in real life, so the right Hidden Power is really hard to get. :-/

The thing about a Dragon Dance Gyarados is that he's usually a late game sweeper. And even with Outrage, there are better Pokemon for that job, like Dragonite or Salamence for STAB and higher attack (the latter of the two is preferred though).

Gyarados is not a late game sweeper, Stealth rock prevents him from that, he is in fact an early game-midgame havoc wrecker who's main goal is to force switches and make your opponent show their hand much earlier than they should, or in the case of fighting someone who has no idea what to do, sweep their entire team.

If you want an "Non smogon set" as so much of this forum seems to keep crying on about use this.

Gyarados @ Leftovers

252 Attack/252 Speed/4 hp

Substitute

Earthquake

Stone edge

Dragon dance

This lets you switch in on something that can't do much, sub up on a resisted hit or a switch and either kill their counter, damage whatever they switched in or Start dragon dancing up if the opponent wasn't smart enough to switch to a proper counter. ( jolteon and electrivire are NOT proper counters. ) lack pf Physical stab hurts a little bit, but those two moves give you much better coverage in 2 attacks.

Dimi, I think this person's playing in real life, so the right Hidden Power is really hard to get. :-/

. . .

Gengar @ wide lens

Nature: Timid

Ability: Levitate

Evs: Spe 252 SpAtk 252 SpDef 6

Role: Sleep Sweeper

Hypnosis

Dream Eater

Shadow ball

Focus Blast

Even if this for real life play, Gengar learns Darkpulse, Thunderbolt, energy ball, psychic among other things through TM's.

Try this set.

Gengar @ Life orb

Timid with levitate

252 Special attack/252 speed/ 4 hp

Thunderbolt

Shadowball

Explosion

Focus blast/Energy ball

Focus blast lets you OHKO tyranitar who may try to switch in, Thunderbolt takes out bulky waters, Energy ball kills off swampert and Shadowball is great STAB that dents a lot of things, and when all said and done, You can even explode on something. Just make sure scizor's dead first. If your team needs a great revenge killer, use Modest Choice scarf gengar, same EV spread with Thunderbolt, shadow ball, Explosion/Trick and Hidden power ice/Focus blast.

I really don't see what Rhyperior is doing. I recommend using a Swampert over him. Rhyperior is extremely bulky but has too many weaknesses. Swampert is also bulky but comes with 1 weakness. I recommend this set.

Rhyperior and swampert are worlds apart role wise, so I see what you mean by nothing, but he said himself he wants an offensive team, and everyone here is suggesting "balanced team" pokemon.

That said, this is a terrible set.

Rhyperior @ Hard stone

Nature: Adamant

Ability: Solidrock

Evs: Atk 252 Def 152 SpDef 106

Role: wall/hevy hitter

Earthquake

rockslide

rockwrecker

megahorn

Note: he is mostly just used in super effective cases but he also is a good wall for me to fall behind.

Rhyperior can only wall things with substitute and sandstorm in play, but his main selling point is that unlike walls he can KO many of his commons switch ins ridiculously easy from behind a sub.

Use this set for "walling"

Rhyperior @ Leftovers

Ability: Solid Rock

EVs: 132 HP/192 Atk/168 Spd/16 SDef

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Substitute

- Swords Dance

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge / Megahorn

switch in to a physical attacker, sub up on the switch ( or lol at them when they fail to break your substitute ) setup a swords dance and kill whatever is in. After 1 swords dance, Earthquake OHKO's swampert and and whoever else might try to come in that doesn't have intimidate . ( not to mention It's cool ) The speed lets it outspeed Swampert/Machamp/Porygon2 , major counters to most of OU's premier physical attackers.

Just remember to have a Tyranitar/Hippowdon setup sandstorm before you bring this thing out,as even STab grassknot from celebi isn't enough to take this beast down ( assuming celebi DOESNT have life orb though ) with sandstorm up, letting you OHKO it with Megahorn. :D

Now with Rhyperior/Gyarados AND metagross as set up sweepers, you DO NOT need DDmence, what you do need is a way to "crack stall wide open" as smogon puts it. Change DD mence to one of the two "mixmence" sets since he makes one of the best wallbreakers in the game. Now despite having gyarados and Salamence ( both SR weak pokemon ) whats good is that neither of them is affected by Spikes or toxic spikes, which is mence's advantage over infernape as a wallbreaker against stall.

Whew, thats it for now.

Since I've already rated, I'm going to reply to Enkidu's rate.

P.S. Dimi, Swampert has little offensive use as many pokemon simply have higher attacking stats. Whilst Jolteon is an excellent pokemon, Motor Drive with Electivire serves the same purpose and Electivire gets much better coverage and attacking power then Jolteon.

Gyarados is not a late game sweeper, Stealth rock prevents him from that, he is in fact an early game-midgame havoc wrecker who's main goal is to force switches and make your opponent show their hand much earlier than they should, or in the case of fighting someone who has no idea what to do, sweep their entire team.

If you want an "Non smogon set" as so much of this forum seems to keep crying on about use this.

Gyarados @ Leftovers

252 Attack/252 Speed/4 hp

Substitute

Earthquake

Stone edge

Dragon dance

This lets you switch in on something that can't do much, sub up on a resisted hit or a switch and either kill their counter, damage whatever they switched in or Start dragon dancing up if the opponent wasn't smart enough to switch to a proper counter. ( jolteon and electrivire are NOT proper counters. ) lack pf Physical stab hurts a little bit, but those two moves give you much better coverage in 2 attacks.

Agreed completely. I suggested a bulkydos set before realizing this was an offensive team (it should have been obvious) and on an offensive team, that set will be much more useful.

However regardless, I think he needs something that can properly set up as a lead and would benefit the team while staying offensive.

Possibly a suicide lead such as Azelf, although since 90% of all Azelf leads are suicide, its easy to predict.

Even if this for real life play, Gengar learns Darkpulse, Thunderbolt, energy ball, psychic among other things through TM's.

Try this set.

Gengar @ Life orb

Timid with levitate

252 Special attack/252 speed/ 4 hp

Thunderbolt

Shadowball

Explosion

Focus blast/Energy ball

Focus blast lets you OHKO tyranitar who may try to switch in, Thunderbolt takes out bulky waters, Energy ball kills off swampert and Shadowball is great STAB that dents a lot of things, and when all said and done, You can even explode on something. Just make sure scizor's dead first. If your team needs a great revenge killer, use Modest Choice scarf gengar, same EV spread with Thunderbolt, shadow ball, Explosion/Trick and Hidden power ice/Focus blast.

I agree with that set, although Energy Ball might be the most useful of the two; Focus Blast's low accuracy and Gengar's frailty makes it very risky to carry low accuracy moves. Still though, Focus Blast is obviously powerful and is I his only Tyranitar killer that I can see.

Rhyperior and swampert are worlds apart role wise, so I see what you mean by nothing, but he said himself he wants an offensive team, and everyone here is suggesting "balanced team" pokemon.

That said, this is a terrible set.

Rhyperior can only wall things with substitute and sandstorm in play, but his main selling point is that unlike walls he can KO many of his commons switch ins ridiculously easy from behind a sub.

Use this set for "walling"

Rhyperior @ Leftovers

Ability: Solid Rock

EVs: 132 HP/192 Atk/168 Spd/16 SDef

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Substitute

- Swords Dance

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge / Megahorn

switch in to a physical attacker, sub up on the switch ( or lol at them when they fail to break your substitute ) setup a swords dance and kill whatever is in. After 1 swords dance, Earthquake OHKO's swampert and and whoever else might try to come in that doesn't have intimidate . ( not to mention It's cool ) The speed lets it outspeed Swampert/Machamp/Porygon2 , major counters to most of OU's premier physical attackers.

Just remember to have a Tyranitar/Hippowdon setup sandstorm before you bring this thing out,as even STab grassknot from celebi isn't enough to take this beast down ( assuming celebi DOESNT have life orb though ) with sandstorm up, letting you OHKO it with Megahorn. :D

Now with Rhyperior/Gyarados AND metagross as set up sweepers, you DO NOT need DDmence, what you do need is a way to "crack stall wide open" as smogon puts it. Change DD mence to one of the two "mixmence" sets since he makes one of the best wallbreakers in the game. Now despite having gyarados and Salamence ( both SR weak pokemon ) whats good is that neither of them is affected by Spikes or toxic spikes, which is mence's advantage over infernape as a wallbreaker against stall.

Whew, thats it for now.

I agree that he needs a perm sandstorm setup. For offensive, Tyranitar is probably the best choice, although Hippowdon has potential as a lead.

However regardless, I think he needs something that can properly set up as a lead and would benefit the team while staying offensive.

Possibly a suicide lead such as Azelf, although since 90% of all Azelf leads are suicide, its easy to predict.

I agree with you,hm... Metagross@ occa berry makes a decent lead.

Even though it cant touch swampert outside of explosion, you are able to take out so many other common leads it's a contender for that lead spot.

220 hp/252 attack/32 speed

Earthquake

Bullet punch

Explosion

Stealth rocks

Earthquake takes out infernape, heatran ( although you only win if he sets up SR first turn and you attack ) and a few other things, Bullet punch takes out Aerodactyl, weavile, roserade and way too much in 2 hits while explosion lets you take out swampert and other bulky leads after you SR up. The only problem with it is that you cant kill off bulky leads who resist or are immune to earthquake with bullet punch. But all in all its a solid lead.

Swampert also works, but unlike metagross too many things can switch in and use it as setup fodder.

hm,,I dont realy like lead gyarados's so much they should be a late game sweeper, One of my Favorite leads are Areodactal,Azelf,Gallade I normally use gallade when the opponent has a slow/bulky lead like swampert or metagross, azelf could pull off a taunt screwing most leads and explode if hp is low,,And im pretty sure u dont have a suitable physical sweeper,,one of my fav's is Weavile+choice band This will give u close to an ohko on most pokemon when u use nightslash,and if they are using a mence or fast poke's weavile with i think max 383 or somthing speed may out run it and go for an ohko,another choice is infernape;mixape um..Electivire is a good choice although i dont like it very much, it still could be used in a number of situations..

And Zapdos i used to have a team with them no they arent a very good scout,i had a defensive one but it would always get walled by dusknoir,blissy,cresselia and other spA walls..anywhos um.. i dont know but I had a life orb gengar it was ok but then i decided to switch to an alakazam which i prefer better, wide move pool and can ohko like almost anything,Ryper. Is an ok wall but i kinda like it in SS teams,shuckle is amazing ;) i gota say, unless the opponent has a steel type then shuckle's amazing toxic stall wont work,well I kinda like milktank or a cursetank better than ryp. they are annoying as **** and they could heal :/ but another idea for walls are my fav. below:

Latias

Celebi

Cresselia

Dusknoir

Milktank

Bulky Scizors

Arceas{dont ask}

Well You might say ''Why bulky scizors'' well becuase they hav ok def and good atak and one 400% weakness,Bulpunch +tech+Swdance=Deadly combo a simple bulletpunch could kick someone's *** in one hit

Well these were sudjestions have fun team building!!

~Mori

hm,,I dont realy like lead gyarados's so much they should be a late game sweeper, One of my Favorite leads are Areodactal,Azelf,Gallade I normally use gallade when the opponent has a slow/bulky lead like swampert or metagross, azelf could pull off a taunt screwing most leads and explode if hp is low,,And im pretty sure u dont have a suitable physical sweeper,,one of my fav's is Weavile+choice band This will give u close to an ohko on most pokemon when u use nightslash,and if they are using a mence or fast poke's weavile with i think max 383 or somthing speed may out run it and go for an ohko,another choice is infernape;mixape um..Electivire is a good choice although i dont like it very much, it still could be used in a number of situations..

Gyarados are not generally late game sweepers, they are early-mid game sweepers that try to destroy some common counters that could hound your team in the late game. Azelf is better off setting up rocks then Taunting, although that depends upon the team; Gallade is simply underpowered and Aero has little use other then Taunt. Basically thats all anti-leading. For this team, he needs a real lead.

Weavile is a horrible physical sweeper. Priority crushes his pathetic 45 defense. With Bullet Punch on Scizor and Mach Punch on Infernape, along with Extremespeed and Vacuum wave on Lucario, Weavile can't hope to compete with Ice Shard. CB Weavile is a revenge killer and has no use as a physical sweeper. He has an extremely powerful physical sweeper, Rhyperior.

Electivire, like I suggested, is a good choice for a Mixed sweeper, but not physical.

And Zapdos i used to have a team with them no they arent a very good scout,i had a defensive one but it would always get walled by dusknoir,blissy,cresselia and other spA walls..anywhos um.. i dont know but I had a life orb gengar it was ok but then i decided to switch to an alakazam which i prefer better, wide move pool and can ohko like almost anything,Ryper. Is an ok wall but i kinda like it in SS teams,shuckle is amazing ;) i gota say, unless the opponent has a steel type then shuckle's amazing toxic stall wont work,well I kinda like milktank or a cursetank better than ryp. they are annoying as **** and they could heal :/ but another idea for walls are my fav. below:

Latias

Celebi

Cresselia

Dusknoir

Milktank

Bulky Scizors

Arceas{dont ask}

Well You might say ''Why bulky scizors'' well becuase they hav ok def and good atak and one 400% weakness,Bulpunch +tech+Swdance=Deadly combo a simple bulletpunch could kick someone's *** in one hit

Well these were sudjestions have fun team building!!

~Mori

Rhyperior isn't just a wall, its an incredibly powerful physical sweeper and you are totally failing in understanding that. The fact is, he has extremely high defenses making him an excellent physical wall to fall back. None of the pokemon you listed can make use of nearly as high attacking stats or defensive stats except Scizors, and Bulky Scizor has no use whatsoever in this metagame. The standard Scizor set is better then any bulky set you could use with his mediocre 100 base defense and 80 sp def.

Alakazam is the quintessential trick specs. Fact is, his dwindling use is due to the advent of priority moves. Any neutral priority move with OHKO him. Bullet Punch from Scizor = instant death. He will fall to a similar fate with extremespeed, aqua jet, ice shard, etc. Shuckle might be an amazing wall on a STALL team. This is an offensive team, so shuckle is absolutely, indisputably useless on this team. Next time read what the team is about before rating.

My team has now been updated. changes include:

Lead style metagross,

a more revenge style gengar,

Polishing rhyperior,

a new wall umbreon in for abomasnow,

a wall breaker salamance in for zapdos,

and scizor in for gyarados as a sweeper.

also should i have kept gyarados instead of scizor for more balance?

Metagross: Totally standard. You may want to consider Lum Berry over Occa Berry, but it depends how much you fear fire moves. If you expect Metagross to do damage in the mid-late game instead of exploding early on, keep the Occa berry as it could be very useful.

Umbreon: Be sure to taunt any pseudo-hazers that come in, as all phazing moves have -5 priority. Gengar ruins that set with Focus Blast, as does special Lucario. Wish is useful if you want Umbreon to be more of a wishpasser, but Moonlight will be better if you want him to be more of a standalone sweeper.

Gengar: Firstly, kamikaze, not kamakazy. Instead of Destiny Bond, put Explosion or HP Fire, then use Focus Blast. Basically... nothing to say

Rhyperior: I have issues with that set. Firstly, use Jolly, as you will outspeed SO much more stuff with it. Second, those IVs dont work. Just use a basic 252 Atk / 252 Spe spread. Use Aqua Tail instead of Megahorn and Life Orb over Liechi Berry.

Salamence: Mixmence says hi.

Scizor: Scizor should be your revenge killer, not Gengar. Unless you scarf Gengar, Priority is way more useful. Anyway, I reccomend Superpower as it will 2HKO Skarmory after a swords dance, and OHKO Heatran with minimal HP/Def investments.

For switching in a special sweeper, take out Umbreon. Hes basically useless and he won't really find any niche to set up Curse. Not only that but his coverage is minimal and redundant, and any fighting type can actually wall him and even with multiple curses, physical fighting types can get 3HKOs on him.

Options for a special sweeper, in my opinion, that would fit well with this team, don't actually need to be that quick, but need to be bulky and have the ability to take people down.

I think Rotom-W might fit well with this team, as a water type move is rather needed. Offensive Suicune or Empoleon might work as well.

As an overall, I think your team has too many repeat types and weaknesses. Your team has a ton of physical moves, and a lot of repeat moves. Three Earthquakes. Two bullet punches. Fighting type moves, Dragon type moves, Bug type moves, but then it stops. Gengar and Salamence are the only ones with any versatility beyond that, and they add fire, ghost, and electric; you're still blatently missing any traces of grass, psychic, water, dark (if you take out umbreon), etc. I don't think Rhyperior is really needed with Scizor and Metagross, but thats to be seen. Offensive Celebi might be a good replacement for him.