Can someone confirm this?

GOGAA

I use Pokemon Platinum (U)

I download the Platinum 0.06d poksav.

I create Legendary Pokemon such as Mew, and the Three Legendary dogs, etc.

I set the information to (Pal Parked), because they are retro GBA Pokemon, so the trash bytes will be mixed up.

I use the Trash Byte Normalizer to fix my .pkm save files.

I add it to the Legal program to check if it's legit.

Everything is passed EXCEPT the Unknown GBA type dilemma. :grog:

---

Now I have several problems.

As I've been reading along, the Legal program does NOT work with Platinum saves?

What?

Trash Byte Normalizer cannot fix Platinum Version Pokemon trash strings?

What?

People can't edit Pal Parked Pokemon, but everything works for me as I stated above...?

What?

lolwut?

So can anyone fill in the holes for me? :kikkoman:

For I am super confused... :(

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Do any people even check these forums? This has got to be the slowest forum response time I've ever faced in my whole life...

So choosing the correct Algorithm will fix my Unknown GBA type dilemma?

Does that even matter?

Oh yea, I'm not even sure how to fix it... Can I have an example?

---

I have also noticed that if you download a legit pokemon from the PKMN downloads, it will pass the legal test. I did this with Mewtwo, and I only changed the IV values, to see if anything changed, and the 'Type' changed to Unknown GBA type.

Oh yea, I use Platinum, and I THINK I've heard somewhere that the Legal isn't compatible with Platinum pokesav. Is this my problem?

I'm pretty sure that's just for trash bytes; other than that Legality Checker should be all right for your purposes.

I thought there was a list of generally which algorithms go with which Pokémon encounter types, but of course now I can't find it.

EDIT: And nevermind, thank you Greencat.

Both the PID/IV Generator in POKESAV and SCV’s PID/IV Generator will generate a Personality Value (PID) for a given set of IVs.

* Normal NDS or GBA

This type is the most common and will be seen on wild/legend encountered Pokémon in :NDS/GBA games.

* Wild NDS or GBA

This type is less common and will be seen on wild encountered Pokémon in NDS/ GBA :games. It is unclear whether GBA legends will be seen with this type.

* Uncommon GBA

This type is seen uncommonly by wild encountered Pokémon in GBA games.

* Rare GBA

This type is seen rarely by wild encountered Pokémon in GBA games.

* Very Rare GBA

This type is seen in less than 1% of wild encountered Pokémon in GBA games.

* Ultra Rare GBA

This type is seen in less than 0.01% of wild encountered Pokémon in GBA games.

* Common GBA Event (Restricted)

This type is seen with particular promotional GBA Pokémon.

* Common GBA Event (Unrestricted)

This type is seen with particular promotional GBA Pokémon.

Note: For more information on Algorithms, check the readme.txt with the Legality download.

As I've been reading along, the Legal program does NOT work with Platinum saves?

What?

Trash Byte Normalizer cannot fix Platinum Version Pokemon trash strings?

What?

People can't edit Pal Parked Pokemon, but everything works for me as I stated above...?

What?

1. It doesn't work with saves at all.

2. No it can't. You need to make them look like they are from diamond or pearl

3. That means they can't edit the actual Pal Park data, not make pokemon seem like they are from Pal Park.

Ok, I've solved everything else, but can I fix the Trash Byte strings if I talk to the nicknamer guy? (Because usually Legal says invalid trash bytes when I change name of Pokemon)

Am I doing this right?

aVprJ60.jpg

Then I set it to trashbyte fixer and everything will be k?

This is a wild Pokemon, also if Legendary. It doesn't have trash bytes, after his name and Terminator (FF) you can see all 00.

The nickname rater reset the hatched pokemon trash bytes, and after they appear as if it was caught as wild (all 00 after FF, or nothing after the terminator if is nicknamed with 10 letters), but with nickname box ticked ;).

For the Pal Parked you've to make as it was Pal Parked to D/P then passed to Platinum, and it will be fine. You can use Trash bytes normalizer with this method.

The next Legality checker will have the platinum pal park trash bytes support.

Trash bytes work for : hatched/Pal Parked/Mistery Gift pokemon ;)

It's pretty simple. You don't need to edit the Hex Values. They must be all 00. The met location is obviously (Pal Park), and the trash bytes can be fixed manually with the damio's guide or the trash bytes normalizer :). Codemonkey has raised a doubt in me about the hometown, normally when you pass a pokemon from R/S/E to D/P its hometown is that from the 3rd generation. Btw i don't know if that change once it passed on D/P and then to Platinum. Maybe is a silly question :(. Help please ;)

Because if the pal parked Pokemon was originally caught in R/S/E then the hometown can't change to a 4th generation game one, not ? or am i wrong ?

Ok so let me get this straight.

1. I don't touch hex vaules

2. save it as PKM file and set it to trash bytes.

3. Load it into party

and everything will be good to go?

The same goes for pal parked.

That right?

Because I'm trying to edit a Dialga, so don't I set it to Spear pillar?

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

It's pretty simple. You don't need to edit the Hex Values. They must be all 00. The met location is obviously (Pal Park), and the trash bytes can be fixed manually with the damio's guide or the trash bytes normalizer :). Codemonkey has raised a doubt in me about the hometown, normally when you pass a pokemon from R/S/E to D/P its hometown is that from the 3rd generation. Btw i don't know if that change once it passed on D/P and then to Platinum. Maybe is a silly question :(. Help please ;)

Because if the pal parked Pokemon was originally caught in R/S/E then the hometown can't change to a 4th generation game one, not ? or am i wrong ?

You're right.

Now help answer my question about editing a pokemon that came from the IV gen and not Pal Park such as Dialga, Palkia, Giratina.

Codemonkey has raised a doubt in me about the hometown, normally when you pass a pokemon from R/S/E to D/P its hometown is that from the 3rd generation. Btw i don't know if that change once it passed on D/P and then to Platinum. Maybe is a silly question :(. Help please ;)

I wasn't really paying attention to the rest of the thread, so he asked how to make a Pokémon look like it was caught in Diamond or Pearl, and I answered him. I didn't mean to confuse the issue further.

Now help answer my question about editing a pokemon that came from the IV gen and not Pal Park such as Dialga, Palkia, Giratina.

This would be the situation in which you would change the hometown to Sinnoh.

Since your Dialga comes from Platinum you've just to set the 46h value too (33) and 85h as 04. You don't need to edit Trash bytes, since it doesn't have them. If you want it look as traded from diamond, set the level at 47, and the 85h at 04, as you've done. Diamond and pearl doesn't use the 46h value. Dialga can be caught only on the Spear Pillar in Diamond and Platinum. For the ivs, if the PID is right, you don't have legality problems, btw is cheap :P

The only reason I'm doing this is because I think the game will think it's hacked if I legitly catch a legendary with Wild Pokemon MAX IV code. I think it forces the pokemon to have max IVs, and it doesn't have corresponding PID value. This is the only reason why I'm doing this, to make it have the stats I want, and legal.