Help With Legality Check with this DW Eevee I bred Please

Chat I had at Pokecheck.org

Conri - hmmm. I hope I can still fix this because a friend was counting on me for this :/ Aug 15, 01:24

Santos- Ummmm idk =Z Aug 15, 01:22

Conri - Thank you Santos, but I'm still curious about what makes it frowned upon: is it that it was bred from a hack or was it because its an English one bred from a Japanese dw eevee? Or perhaps both? Aug 15, 01:20

Santos- ur eevee its legit =) Nice job Aug 15, 01:12

Conri - Ah, so would it be better if I managed to breed a dw eevee from a legit japanese dw eevee? Or do you mean that breeding one yourself from a japanese one is looked down apon? I'll go ahead and remove it. Aug 15, 01:12

GaiaLT- Yeah I know it appears as legit. You can't tell the difference, but it's widely looked down upon. Kinda like RNGing on emulators. You can't tell, but ya know Aug 15, 01:08

Conri - I apologize if it is a hack. I was trying to help. Aug 15, 01:00

Conri - Really? Everything checks out. The eevee was hatched from a japanese dw eevee,but i shortly realized after I got it that it was a hack. So i bred with that eevee and got this one. You see, its possible to have one American if an american got a japanese one and then bred and egg. Plus everything checks out. How come its still a hack? Aug 15, 12:54

GaiaLT- Corni, actually many people do beleive it's still hacked. Sorry

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

The above chat is one i had at pokecheck.org. You see, I acquired a DW eevee I got from this site, but then I was told by others that it was a hack. Before I knew it was a hack, I bred over 30 eevee's with a dw ability. However, today when I showed others one of the eevee's I bred with that hack, they all said it was a hack too. I understand that its ok to breed from a Japanese pokemon so you can have one yourself in your own language and country. But they all said that it is "frowned upon". Is it because it is bred from a hack? Or is it because it is bred from a Japanese pokemon not available in America and that I'm just taking the "easy" route just to get one myself? Or is it both? I'm so confused...

Here is the hacked DW Japanese eevee I had (which I downloaded from the DW Pokemon Cafe thread on this site):

DW Japanese Eevee

-Also could you tell me what makes this hacked and if I can fix it? Also, I would really appreciate it if you could please show me where I can get a legit Japanese DW Eevee.

Here is the DW american Eevee I bred:

My DW American Eevee that I bred

-Main problem

Let me know what you guys think and thanks for the help in advance.

EDIT: Solved

Edited by TeamRocketCollector

The original Japanese one is in fact a hack/generated Pokemon. HOWEVER! There was no way for you to have known, prior to uploading it on Pokecheck. The only thing out of place are the trash byte terminators on the OT, and nothing aside from Pokecheck actually checks those. So, there literally was no way for you to know, because the game would accept it on Wifi, and everything else.

The Eevee that have been breed from it are 100%, non-hacked Pokemon. When a Pokemon is bred, even with a hacked Pokemon, the game always generates a valid Pokemon. You did nothing wrong, ignore the twits that make comments in the chat. In the future, you are going to know to check the Pokemon you download. No harm, no foul.

Your other question was how to fix it. If you look at the trash bytes for the OT on the Japanese Eevee, you will see it terminates with FFFF. This is incorrect for a DW Pokemon. Every DW Pokemon I have ever caught has always had the OT terminator as 0000. I uploaded the Japanese Eevee to Pokegen, and changed the terminator: http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=348382. As you can see, it no longer will show as hacked. (Also, I'm not condoning the use of this Pokemon, I'm simply trying to show you what was wrong, and why it was hacked.) Trashbytes are a very complex thing, and even I still know little about them.

If you look at the link he provided; http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=287320, you can see that the original trainer trash bytes where manually set to terminate with FFFF. If you look at all other non-hacked/legitimate Japanese Pokemon, dreamworld or not, Pokecheck and Hex Editors alike show the terminator as 0000. As far as I know, the game is not going to generate an invalid terminator.

I have the original files for my Japanese Dream World Bulbasaur, and Torchic, on my laptop, and both show the same thing when I open them in HxD, 0000 terminators for the OT. These are both Pokemon I caught on my Japanese copy of Black, over five months ago, from serial numbers that I paid for and entered myself. If you could please, provide me with an example of a Japanese DW Pokemon where the OT trash bytes terminate with FFFF, and it's listed as legal/legitimate. I have not personally seen one.

Like I said, I am no expert. I am simply using deduction. If you provide me with examples, I will gladly admit I was completely wrong.

If you look at the link he provided; http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=287320, you can see that the original trainer trash bytes where manually set to terminate with FFFF. If you look at all other non-hacked/legitimate Japanese Pokemon, dreamworld or not, Pokecheck and Hex Editors alike show the terminator as 0000. As far as I know, the game is not going to generate an invalid terminator.

I have the original files for my Japanese Dream World Bulbasaur, and Torchic, on my laptop, and both show the same thing when I open them in HxD, 0000 terminators for the OT. These are both Pokemon I caught on my Japanese copy of Black, over five months ago, from serial numbers that I paid for and entered myself. If you could please, provide me with an example of a Japanese DW Pokemon where the OT trash bytes terminate with FFFF, and it's listed as legal/legitimate. I have not personally seen one.

Like I said, I am no expert. I am simply using deduction. If you provide me with examples, I will gladly admit I was completely wrong.

i think what we have is a misunderstanding. we were under the impression you were referring to the nickname.

that said, i still wouldn't consider it a hack just due to 1 errant byte like that. (btw, calling them trash now is kind of dumb. there's no trash, just terminators. the actual trash from gens 3/4 was due to some sort of memcpy routines moving blocks of ram around and leaving unimportant junk behind) it's entirely possible it's the result of pokesav or pokegen extracting the file. that said, there's still nothing wrong with the baby. you really shouldn't listen to the people in the shoutbox at pokecheck... most don't really know what they're talking about or are just plain wrong.

i think what we have is a misunderstanding. we were under the impression you were referring to the nickname.

that said, i still wouldn't consider it a hack just due to 1 errant byte like that. (btw, calling them trash now is kind of dumb. there's no trash, just terminators. the actual trash from gens 3/4 was due to some sort of memcpy routines moving blocks of ram around and leaving unimportant junk behind) it's entirely possible it's the result of pokesav or pokegen extracting the file. that said, there's still nothing wrong with the baby. you really shouldn't listen to the people in the shoutbox at pokecheck... most don't really know what they're talking about or are just plain wrong.

I figured you guys were referring to the Pokemon Bytes after re-reading your posts, which is where the confusion on both parts came from. I was referring to the terminators for the Trainer, and not the Pokemon. All the Pokemon I've caught in the Dream World have FFFF terminators, but not the Trainer.

Anyway, that aside, I simply proposed that it was hacked because of it showing as invalid. That invalid byte is most likely what prompted the shoutbox to speak up, and say it's hacked(regardless though, listening to the shoutbox in general is a bad idea). My logic was, I have yet to see a game generate an invalid byte, no matter the Pokemon or Trainer. I was leaning more towards it being generated, than actually caught. However, it could have just as likely been caused by extraction, just like you said.