Korean Pokemon Updates Leaked by Chycorita and Orcamania5

chycorita

Wraith89 EDIT: From now on chycorita, post your Korean updates here instead of making separate topics!

Pokemon Platinum Version will come out in Korean. It will come out on July 2nd Thursday

It will be called Pocket Monsters Giratina Version. The image is the same as the one for the US

image below

http://ruliweb.nate.com/ruliboard/read.htm?main=pocketmon&table=gr_pocket_info&db=3&num=287

Edited by wraith89

Interesting. And I have a question. Can your Korean versions go on Wifi with other people from different countries? I realize they are missing Korean characters in their versions because the Korean games came out later than the others.

No; Korean games and pokemon can have no interaction whatsoever with any pokemon games of a different region. Its because of the strict government regulations in North Korea.

No; Korean games and pokemon can have no interaction whatsoever with any pokemon games of a different region. Its because of the strict government regulations in North Korea.

I highly doubt the games ever made contact with North Korea. These games are shipped to South Korea, which is a Republic. North Korea is a dictatorship.

Nintendo has no presence in North Korea.

The restriction on interaction between Korean games and other region games is likely due to the fact that the other games cannot display Korean characters. Even if you import a Korean PKM file into another region game, it will display gibberish.

• 2 weeks later...

The Nintendo of Korea has revealed that the site for pokemon platinum will be revealed on June 19th. More information will be given then...

Korean Shaymin will be revealed before June 9th. More information will be given then..

Source: McDonalds Happy Meal

http://www.happymeal.co.kr/happymeal/happymeal_toy.jsp

Edited by wraith89

More info found. Sky Form will be called: 스카이 폼, Land Form will be called: 랜드 폼

As I posted before shaymins two forms will be sky form:스카이 폼 land form: 랜드 폼 Giratina's Origin form: 오리진 폼 Giratina's another form: 어너더 폼

Edited by wraith89
They're pretty much the same posts :-/

Hm, chycorita, maybe we should post your updates in just one thread. How's that sound?

And LOL, I love how Koreans make the translations so literal!

스카이 폼 (sk-ye pom)

랜드 폼 (lan-d pom)

오리진 폼 (o-ree-geen pom)

어너더 폼 (uh-nuh-duh pom)

It makes me crack up :D

And this time, chyco, post more updates in this thread! :)

~ Pinned/Stickied/Whatever

• 2 weeks later...

Important Update!!!

I apoligize it's july 3rd. I finally got some time. (about 30 minutes)

The Platinum Special site has opened site below.

http://pokemonkorea.co.kr/platinum/main.asp

lots of information was revealed.

The name of the ICC police officer's name is "Handsome" like the japanese version.

You will recieve the Origin Form figure, however you need to have the ticket downloaded and buy the pokemon platinum game at the same time in Shin Sae Gae Department store in Kangnam. (on July 2nd ~ July 8th)

The secret key will also be available for download at the department store I mentioned above on July 2nd.

Finally, Nok will be give out Feebas(빈티나- Bin TEE Na) and Munchlax(먹고자- Muk Go Ja). You can recieve these two pokemon in any of the games.(Diamond, Pearl, Platinum)

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Another thing. Charon will be called Pluto(플루토-Pluto)

Battle Castle brain 코크런 & 카틀레야 (Same name as English Version)

Battle Hall brain 맨드라 (Mandra)

Battle Tower Brain 종수 (Jong Su)

Battle Factory Brain 수철 (Soo Cheol)

Battle Arcade Brain 달리아 (Darlia)

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Also the names of the facilities

Battle Tower (배틀 타워)- Battle Tower

Battle Stage (배틀 스테이지)- Battle hall

Battle Factory (배틀 팩토리)- Battle Factory

Battle Castle (배틀 캐슬)- Battle Castle

Battle Roulette (배틀 룰렛) -Battle Arcade