Secret Wallpapers for Pokemon D/P/P

wraith89

Other than using Pokesav, has anyone found a way to access secret wallpapers for the PC? I found a good site which generates the four words you need to say to have access them.

So basically, you go to the third floor of Jubilife's TV center (the building above the Pokemon center with the flashy huge screen) and look for a reporter guy next to a blonde haired lady. When you talk to him, you have to input four words (he asks for two first then two again) and if you get the phrases right, he'll give you a secret wallpaper for your PC. Apparently, it is dependent on your ID number.

Your ID number is found in your Trainer Card. Push the X (or Start button) to open the menu and select the option with your name. Your trainer card will show, along with your TRAINER ID. That is the number you want.

This idea was first introduced in Emerald, but in there, I think you only get one. I'm not so sure.

Platinum Secret Wallpaper Words Generator:

http://www.filb.de/games/nds/pt/box

Diamond/Pearl Secret Wallpaper Words Generator:

http://www.filb.de/games/nds/dp/box

Have fun getting your wallpapers ladies and germs! :)

Edited by wraith89

Whoa. Those are some awesome wallpapers. I've gotta try this.

Although, some of the phrases are just weird...

"Serious rival craze thick fat?" "Boy thick fat money magazine?"

... my ID has some deal with Thick Fat, I guess. :D

LOL. Thick Fat :)

I had some really bizarre ones, I don't know what they were.

I especially like the Nostalgia one.

• 3 weeks later...

No one else noticed this?

Oddly enough, Pokesav for Platinum does NOT unlock the Platinum wallpapers.

While D/P and Platinum both have this feature and some wallpapers sharing the exact same names, the wallpapers are quite different in terms of looks (There are also two Platinum-exclusive wallpaper, Distortion and Contest, in place of the D/P-exclusive ones, Torchic and Backyard).

Pokesav for Platinum, instead, unlocks the D/P wallpapers as Pokesav for D/P also did. To unlock the Platinum wallpapers, you'll have to enter the passwords in-game at the Jubilife TV Station as per intended by the game.

So Platinum players who use Pokesav actually have two sets of unlockable wallpapers as Platinum has data for both (maybe to facilitate Platinum players being able to view D/P boxes over WFC at the GTS?).

The Platinum wallpapered-boxes show up as having the wallpaper 'Fore' in Pokesav, which is the grassy-themed wallpaper. If you make any changes in Pokesav and save the box while leaving the wallpaper unchanged, it will revert to 'Fore' in the game, and has to be manually changed to the Platinum wallpaper in-game again.

For reference, here is the D/P wallpaper for Legend:

DPLegend.jpg

The Platinum wallpaper for Legend:

PtLegend.jpg

One of the Platinum-exclusive wallpapers, Distortion:

PtDistortion.jpg

All other Platinum unlockable wallpapers are similarly changed from the D/P ones to look more detailed or something else.

• 1 month later...