3.0b25 crashing?

Dreamer

I downloaded the newest beta but as soon as i open it,it crashes.I'm running XP Professional,SP2 and didn't have the slightest problem with 3.0b24,in fact right before attempting b25 i had used b24 successfully.Any ideas/help?

I have experienced some random crashes myself, but it's so erratic that I can't reproduce it to determine what's wrong. In my case, it doesn't happen on startup though.

Edit: If the language files aren't available to the program, it does in fact crash on startup. The simplest way to fix this is to put them in the same folder as the exe. Alternatively a shortcut can be made that sets the "Start in" directory to the one the language files are in.

Hm but i didn't mess with the language files and after you unzip the downloaded file the exe is already in the same file with the language ones,no?

Pic in case it helps

Edited by Dreamer
removed pic

You're obviously not using English for Windows, which may have something to do with it. Those filenames are not what they should be, that's for sure. If you're not already, use WinRAR or 7-zip to extract the files to ensure that the filenames are preserved as they're intended to be.

Edit: This is fixed in beta 26. Your filenames being wrong, however, is a problem regardless and not PokeGen's fault.

Edited by Codr

The problem with filenames is verified to be the fault of the program used to extract. WinRAR 3.8 and above will do it properly. I don't know about others.

Edit: I just noticed that the built-in zip extraction in Windows doesn't work... how fail. I'll be renaming the language files for the next release.

Just posting to say that i did get it to work and in case someone has the same problem(cuz i used WinRaR) you can rename the french and spanish language files by using alt special characters(those were the problematic for me).Also thank you Codr for your help