What stopped you from watching the anime (if you stopped watching)?

wraith89

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the original voice actors, and hated the changes.

To me, several of them sound exactly the same. If I never read about the incessant whining over at Bulbapedia and SPPF, I wouldn't be able to tell they were replaced. I think Jessie, Meowth, and Brock sound extremely similar to the originals, Ash's is close. The only big departure is James' voice.

• 2 weeks later...
Uber#5

[sprite]006[/sprite]

Ash's Charizard

Okay, at least this one makes sense... somewhat. But still, it shouldn't take EVERYTHING down with its HAX0R Flamethrower! It takes down Articuno (poor Ice types! Stop PICKING ON THEM and HUMILIATING THEM!), takes Gary's Blastoise down and loses to a certain fighting chicken. That's retarded.

So what caused you to stop watching the anime?

Hey, watch it!!! Blaziken is my favorite pokemon! Don't diss Blaziken!:mad:

I have not stopped watching the anime, and I never will.

Hey, watch it!!! Blaziken is my favorite pokemon! Don't diss Blaziken!:mad:

I have not stopped watching the anime, and I never will.

Nevertheless, I would think Charizard has an advantage over Blaziken. I am not taking favoritism into account, I would think Charizard has the type advantage over Blaziken and being faster it should be able to take it down is all >.>

BTW I don't know why but I seem to like the Kanto episodes. And random you are right... Johto is filled with pointless fillers I got disgusted. I did not realize this until now though.

Well for me i thought Up to johto The pokemon anime was pretty good..But i thought ruby//sapphire games were pretty good until i saw the anime..Misty was awsome and they took her out for some mother ****ing girl named ''May'' and if i am not correct the same voice actor for misty/nurse joy/may/dawn did all of those characters ''correct me if i am wronge''.

~Mori

Watch what you say about certain characters (even if you say it in *'s). May happens to be one of my favorites (In my opinion, I think she is cuter than Misty. Way cuter).

And I know Charizard has an advantage over Blaziken (in most cases), but he is still my favorite (one reason why May is one of my favorite characters.)

Anyway, I think the anime is awesome, so I should probably stop posting here.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I stopped watching it because it is was not on air anymore.

But I really disliked the fact that Ash did not become "the very best that no one ever was" when he battled the Elite 4 xD

Oh, and the fact that he almost always gave away his best Pokémon...

Funny fact, it made me laugh a LOT to discover that Ash could catch around 23091823091238 Tauros xD

- Hide

It got away from being accessible to me at one point, then I just didn't watch it, then I saw a commercial for their Battle Frontier saga or whatever, and the voices sounded different. I then found out that the whole cast for the first 8 seasons or so, were fired and replaced with cheaper voice actors. Rather than try a new voice, they basically impersonated their predecessors. So, knock offs. That turned me off, but somewhere along the line I stopped caring. A couple months ago I saw an episode from the latest season and liked it. Nostalgia might've got me.

• 4 weeks later...

I still watch the anime when it airs, but what almost made me stop? It's on too early. 8:00 in the morning for a new Pokemon episode? Ridiculous! Who would get up that early for Pokemon? (Well, I would, but I always miss it.) But that's way too early for Pokemon. So that's what usually makes me want to stop watching.

I stopped watching the anime because after a while it got boring for me and at the same time I stopped playing Pokemon. I started playing Pokemon again when Pokemon X & Y came out and I've been loving the games ever since but the anime isn't for me. I don't hate it, I just won't watch it anymore.

• 1 month later...

There's alot of reasons.

When I was around 10-11, D/P was airing. However, with my CN, it took a long time for Battle Dimension to come, so repeats were over-saturated for the longest period of time, that by the time I looked at the episode list on Wikipedia, America was already at Galatic Battles by the time we had started Battle Dimension. After BD, I hoped we would get them but the massive delay just killed me off the show.

There's never really any progression too. People probably like the first season because at the time, the repetitiveness and nature of it didn't look like it was going to evolve into the beast it is today, where nothing really happens.

Like, every time Ash introduces himself to some authority figure and they say "what's your goal" he always mentions that he's still trying to become a Pokemon Master but.... what does that even mean to him? The term in itself is very broad and could mean a ton of things. Catching (which has obviously failed)? Beating gyms? What does it really mean? It's just an excuse to keep him travelling with no reason other than to make money off him and the electric mouse that pours money into the series.

There is no progression. What is his ultimate goal? There is no end, no end in sight, obviously because they want to keep it going but I don't like that.

I tried watching X/Y Jp dub, waiting for subs each week but that didn't help as I got bored very quickly even with the episodes.

Then there's the fact that it's just not like the games. I'm not talking about type advantages and such, I mean how they function. In games, there's no "dodge it" function, and while they need to do that for a show, in the games it tied me off the show when I realised that they're nothing alike. False advertising games because anime fights happen in real-time. GG.

I noticed the signs when I played D/P (the actual games) and had to learn (even though I had cheats I had no idea how Pokemon worked) and once I picked them up, I just didn't watch the anime anymore.

I still pick up the games and play them because I like the games. Pikachu voice intrusion in the newer ones is and has raised alarm bells (like seriously? Why not every other Pokemon too?) but the anime has turned me off. There's no progression, no goals. Even if there's the league, we all know he'll just keep inevitably failing and continuing for decades to come.

It's not really how old I am either, it's how the story is told. It's a kids show and it's meant to be one. I can take cartoon characters seriously for a plot and half-realistic settings. suspend my disbelief for logic, but like, Team Rocket disguise fail recognise 534? I can't take any of the characters seriously as well, thanks to how the structure is. I was 10 and I could recognise their disguises in 2008. Come on.

TL;DR storytelling, audience target and general lack of intelligence is what put me off. Like the games better.

Oh um, btw I'm new here hi

• 2 months later...

I stopped watching Pokemon during DP because I didn't like Dawn. I started watching again because I loved Pokemon: Best Wishes! Ultimately, I stopped watching again because I hate Serena, Clemont and Bonnie. Seriously, XY is such a terrible series. The episodes are boring, stale, and lack a plot. Everything is so repetitive. I'm very disappointed they got rid of Cilan. He was my favorite character. He was funny and I would have loved to see more episodes dedicated to his character development. I loved the Pokemon Connoisseur stuff. Also, I feel like the rivals (Burgundy, Georgia, Stephan) were written out without reason or proper closure. I actually enjoyed the Best Wishes rivals! I hate when I become attached to characters and they suddenly disappear. While I wasn't a fan of Iris, she was tolerable compared to Serena. Serena is annoying and ultimately worthless. I really don't understand Clemont, and him and Bonnie remind me of May and Max. I also hate the fact that the group consists of 4 people. I hope this series ends quickly and that Serena, Bonnie and Clemont leave and never return. I seriously can't stand it.