What stopped you from watching the anime (if you stopped watching)?

wraith89

i agree with a LOT of you. pokemon was pretty good at the start, with kanto and all, btas it got farther into the series, it starts getting "kiddier" and seems to lose maturity. so i rarely watch it anymore.

I can safely say that Sinnoh is much more mature. And considering the confines of a child's TV show, it's done pretty well with 3 running plots throughout the saga (Satoshi and gyms, Hikari and contests, and Galaxy Gang, the first ever actually interesting gang).

It also greatly helps that I watch the raw/Japanese version of the show, which removes a lot of the complaints about voice acting. Not that I ever had a problem with the American VAs, but I prefer the Japanese ones.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with a LOT of you. pokemon was pretty good at the start, with kanto and all, btas it got farther into the series, it starts getting "kiddier" and seems to lose maturity. so i rarely watch it anymore.

Yeah it is more of a "kids" show...I realized you are using an avatar I made for another person...he didn't like that version but I'm glad you like it :D

Code Lyoko was kinda cool, but the Aelita rebirth thing was confusing...and I loved the theme song xD

I loved code lyoko but I saw all the episodes...I love the theme song too! Seriously I still sing it! DX oh wait xD

The Pokedex say that that species it "Proud". I guess it left out the "Insane" part.

That would be cool and awesome, but there aren't ay deaths as far as I can tell in that series...

The living database of knowledge...

Reminds me of why I think they stopped airing Code Lyoko: I think they stopped airing it because they had less mature shows (such as this) they wanted to air.

That penguin is amazing though! Although its massive whirlpool attack (I watched the anime before the gameplay) is the whole reason I put whirlpool on my first empoleon. Then I figured out what it did and deleted it on next move learn.

Code lyoko is awesome! I loved that show...your avatar is like the Xana symbol right evandixon...

Yeah it is more of a "kids" show...I realized you are using an avatar I made for another person...he didn't like that version but I'm glad you like it :D

It was always a kids show. What makes the earlier seasons less so?

In Sinnoh, we've had Toxicroak impaling Croagunk, Cyrus who is pretty much a complete nutcase and only held back from the restraints of being on a kids show, and Hunter J, who has attacked Ash and co directly (ordered Hyper Beam being used ON ASH). And then there's Paul, who did quite a number on poor little Chimchar.

Compare that to Team Rocket Trio, who've never really been a real threat. Sure, their attempts at thievery might've been a bit more violent in like...the first 10 episodes, but that's about it. And the rival was basically an absence and was pretty much "jerk with a heart of gold/secret friend". Whereas Paul actually is very cold and could care less about Ash.

Oh, and some little demon tried to pull a kid into some dark dimension, and was only saved by Dusknoir.

I mean, it's always been a kids show. But to say it was less so in Kanto and Orange...well, you need to go back and watch those, and then watch sinnoh.

Oh, and some little demon tried to pull a kid into some dark dimension, and was only saved by Dusknoir.

That's as close as you're going to get to a non-kids show with the new Pokemon Galactic Battles. Seriously though, that was kinda awesome.

Code lyoko is awesome! I loved that show...your avatar is like the Xana symbol right evandixon...

cl_xana_evandixon_ava.png

Yes, it is.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

They keep on and on saying that was another world, but it was just a cave as far as any of us are concerned.

I.D.A.S. did [classified] tests on it, and it concluded that the entire thing was just mirrage.

"Just a cave"...eh, I doubt it. The anime isn't exactly known for being subtle. Not to mention that the whole theme behind Sinnoh is the mythology, and the dimension could've been Giratina's home in Plat...whose name escapes me.

I haven't had a chance to view the Japanese version yet,which usually makes things less ambiguous.

"Just a cave"...eh, I doubt it. The anime isn't exactly known for being subtle. Not to mention that the whole theme behind Sinnoh is the mythology, and the dimension could've been Giratina's home in Plat...whose name escapes me.

I haven't had a chance to view the Japanese version yet,which usually makes things less ambiguous.

About that....

I don't really give a **** about it (mainly because I know it to be false).

About that....

I don't really give a **** about it (mainly because I know it to be false).

But you don't actually know that. The absolute best you can do is "it's up to interpretation" since we don't know what exactly the "demon" was, or what would happen if one got dragged along with it. We only know that it seemed to have some form of powers of illusion, and Dusknoir was dead-set against letting anyone go along with the demon.

But you don't actually know that. The absolute best you can do is "it's up to interpretation" since we don't know what exactly the "demon" was, or what would happen if one got dragged along with it. We only know that it seemed to have some form of powers of illusion, and Dusknoir was dead-set against letting anyone go along with the demon.

Our instruments didn't see it at all, so it might have been a halicination, or somehow related to a void-ship.

I don't plan to let anyone find out.

My least favorite thing: We don't know why.

I stopped watching the anime because:

1. Team Rocket ran out of cool ideas for stealing Pikachu/other Poke'mon.

2. The plots got rather "blah" to me...

3. I don't consider Ash to be a very good trainer. He gets by mostly on luck or the help of other people.

1. They aren't exactly "evil" anymore

2. They are running out of ideas, so they are wattering down what they have with pointless stuff

3. Don't get me started......

First is because I grew up (not enough to keep saying the games are LEGENDARY, but enough to get over the Anime), second because this is currently the plot:

The "heroes" meet some nice guy/girl (girl=Brock is picking on her)

Team Rocket imagines how stealing the guy/girl's pokemon would make Giovanni happy

Team Rocket are trying to steal the pokemon

PIKACHU USE THUNDERSHOCK

The guy/girl are saying thank you to everyone (usually except for Brock if it's a girl)

And..well...basically episode ends.

Or the quick version:

Meet - Rocket - Kill - Farewell

I do watch all the Pokemon series except for the Indigo League. I was too young that time like a baby around 1 or 2 years old so I couldn't have possibly watched it and remembered it. I can go back and watch it on youtube or something but comparing its graphics to the current episodes... It gets on my nerves.

I agree.

I think Ash bought Action Replay and hacked his Pikachu into max stats in everything.

It's just stupidly powerful, I won't be surprised at all if it battles Arceus in movie 12 with Notched-Ear Pichu and beats it, then becomes PokemonGod.

I agree.

I think Ash bought Action Replay and hacked his Pikachu into max stats in everything.

It's just stupidly powerful, I won't be surprised at all if it battles Arceus in movie 12 with Notched-Ear Pichu and beats it, then becomes PokemonGod.

Yet it can't even beat the first Sinnoh Gym. Pityful.:rolleyes:

I agree.

Pikachu uses Draco Meteor! But honestly the show was too boring and everything was about doing the right thing and loving your pokes..I wanted the Team Rocket to be victorious!! And their stupid schemes that keep failing is quite repetitive...

Pikachu uses Draco Meteor! But honestly the show was too boring and everything was about doing the right thing and loving your pokes..I wanted the Team Rocket to be victorious!! And their stupid schemes that keep failing is quite repetitive...

You think that they would win after a few hundred tries...:rolleyes: