[IR-GTS] Mod for IR-GTS to get it to work over the internet from behind a NAT/Router

(This is how i set up my super tropius distribution server.)

1. Open pokehaxlib.py
  2. Add the following code to the top of the file:
    Note: this goes below the imports
    import urllib
    def get_my_ip_address():
       whatismyip = 'http://automation.whatismyip.com/n09230945.asp'
       return urllib.urlopen(whatismyip).readlines()[0]

3. Head down until you get to "def dnsspoof():"
  4. Replace the line two lines below with this line of code:
    me="".join(chr(int(x)) for x in get_my_ip_address().split("."))

5. Replace the line below that one with this code:

print "Please set your DS's DNS server to",get_my_ip_address()

Congrats IR-GTS now can be port forwarded through your NAT/router!

:cool:

Stop saying this is unnecessary to open a public GTS, it is nessesary!

IR-GTS uses pokehaxlib.py which spoofs the DNS, however pokehaxlib.py does not work through a NAT... Go to classes about TCP/IP and Python before you tell me how IR-GTS works. A Local IP is different from a Remote IP a Local IP will not work when other people try to connect through the internet.

Edited by ILOVEPIE
Preventing further "ur wrng" coments from people who haven't tested this or understand it.

sorry I made a mistake but IR-GTS will not work through a NAT

Nonsense; if you forward your ports properly, it should work fine. Heck, Shiny(G/D)TS works just as well through NAT without any additional programming because it relies on Port Fowarding. It's up to the server host to reroute properly (such as the IP being your outbound one and having ports fowarded). You just took out one piece of the equation with some automatic checking.

Shiny(G/D)TS works just as well through NAT without any additional programming because it relies on Port Fowarding. It's up to the server host to reroute properly (such as the IP being your outbound one and having ports fowarded). You just took out one piece of the equation with some automatic checking.

You are assuming the DNS Spoofer reroutes you to the External IP instead of the Local IP... that is what this mod does.

Also Shiny GTS is a different program written in a different language by a different person;l it is very different from IR-GTS.

Edited by ILOVEPIE
Its a DNS Spoofer not a DNS

You are assuming the DNS Spoofer reroutes you to the External IP instead of the Local IP... that is what this mod does.

Also Shiny GTS is a different program written in a different language by a different person;l it is very different from IR-GTS.

1) I wrote ShinyGTS, I know exactly how it works and it's not very different. The fact that it is a different programming language makes little difference, just changes the syntax and toolset utilized (since, in the end, all code runs through some type of parser to become machine executed code, which is all the same).

2) If you put in the proper IP address instead of a Local IP, it will in fact work. You have a moderator and another programmer telling you that it does work. We're not saying we don't appreciate what you did, we're just saying there's no real reason for it.

Also, the big red text isn't necessary. We do know what we're talking about. Any decent router would handle NAT transitions just fine (I've had a 4 year old router be able to do it and my newly upgraded one does it just fine as well).