Pokémon Black & White Deluxe [v1 released]

Oxnite

Oh, yay! A new version to play! Even though a late Christmas present, it's all right. I'll be sure to look for any bugs. Keep them coming!

Edit: Okay, I just started to fight Piloswine in the Icirrus City gym. I select Excadrill to use Rock Slide. I look away for a second, then I look back to see that Excadrill fainted. Sigh...

Hehe, that's one tough Piloswine.

Could you maybe update me on your team, including their levels?

Cool. Why don't you let your Eevee evolve? And what do you think of Brycen? Is he too hard?

I like Eevee the way it is and that I have no idea what to evolve it into anyway.

No, Brycen wasn't too bad. I just had to go through his party a few times to see which Pokémon he had for me to send out the right one. I hate having my Pokémon faint on me.

I especially hated his Lapras. I kept my Samurott out with a Fighting attack (don't really remember which) and Lapras used Thunder(bolt?) on me. Then I restarted the game to switch my Pokémon with something else instead. Don't change his Pokémon or anything though.

Right now I'm in Dragonspiral Tower.

(lolfirstpost)

So I was looking at this thread last week, and during that time the downloads were all removed for violation, and copyright issues. Kinda just wondering, is that possibly going to be a big issue? More or less just worrying for safety I guess xD

But on actual topic, just got this thing downloaded, and good to see its got enough progress to keep me busy for a long while, I figure I'll post any issues I see, as I'm sure is preferred, though any issues are likely gone already xD

Just now turning it on, as far as reading this thread, everything sounds REALLY exciting, and just well made. I'm saying "kudos" before even playing, and man, that's a real good thing :D

Downloaded it yesterday, I must get by Cheren outside the mountain V_V Cheers Oxnite :) Good work as usual

Thank you! So you're about to enter Twist Mountain, right?

Please tell me if some Trainers are too hard, or too easy, or if you find Pokémon that you don't like, etc. Or, tell me about the development of your team! Any feedback is very much appreciated!

(lolfirstpost)

So I was looking at this thread last week, and during that time the downloads were all removed for violation, and copyright issues. Kinda just wondering, is that possibly going to be a big issue? More or less just worrying for safety I guess xD

But on actual topic, just got this thing downloaded, and good to see its got enough progress to keep me busy for a long while, I figure I'll post any issues I see, as I'm sure is preferred, though any issues are likely gone already xD

Just now turning it on, as far as reading this thread, everything sounds REALLY exciting, and just well made. I'm saying "kudos" before even playing, and man, that's a real good thing :D

Yeah, the patches were removed due to ''copyright'' issues but I'm not very sure why that is. It's a patch after all and patches are, as far as I know, legal.

However, I use a patching method that increases the size of the patch (it's about ~100 MB big), but the other patching method doesn't seem to work for me.

Anyway, I hope mediafire and megaupload keep the files for now, or else I'll have to search for other hosting sites / patching methods.

Thanks a lot for the compliments! While playing, don't hesitate to give me feedback!

Where you get the eevee?

Eevee is a rare Pokémon that can be found on the very first Routes. I considered it a ''starter'' Pokémon, with a difference though that it can be found in the wild. I wanted to make it available as early as possible because I think many people like to add Eevee to their team due to its plethora of evolution possibilities.

You should Probably note that trimmed ROMs will/do not work.

I've already noted that explicitly in the readme.

Hey i love the game i am not far into it but its been challenging so far keep up the good work!

Thank you very much! Could you please give me some more feedback? Tell me about your team! Tell me about the way you defeat Gym Leaders! It would be amazing, I appreciate any feedback.

I like Eevee the way it is and that I have no idea what to evolve it into anyway.

No, Brycen wasn't too bad. I just had to go through his party a few times to see which Pokémon he had for me to send out the right one. I hate having my Pokémon faint on me.

I especially hated his Lapras. I kept my Samurott out with a Fighting attack (don't really remember which) and Lapras used Thunder(bolt?) on me. Then I restarted the game to switch my Pokémon with something else instead. Don't change his Pokémon or anything though.

Right now I'm in Dragonspiral Tower.

Alright, but Eevee's evolutions are a lot stronger. You can tactically evolve Eevee into a type that your team lacks - a Glaceon, Leafeon or Espeon for example.

I also find that your Pokémon are at a high level (65-66) while you were fighting Brycen - looks like you train your Pokémon a lot, as my Pokémon were only on level 61-62 when I defeated Brycen. Do you train on wild Pokémon?

Please keep me updated like you did, I love to hear about your progress.

I been Playing on a emulator cause I really don't know how to on the actually ds.my save was lost so I have to restart and keep the emulator up.my team was oshawatt lv15.torchic level 15,staravia lv16,shinx lv12,ralts 11. I lost to the first gym like 2 times cuz I was like woa didn't. Expect that so I evolved my starly and that saved me .I had to keep going back to the pc cause the trainers were tougher ,it's about time that the bad guys were stronger.I think I'm gunna pick snivey this time cause I like mudkip

Alright, but Eevee's evolutions are a lot stronger. You can tactically evolve Eevee into a type that your team lacks - a Glaceon, Leafeon or Espeon for example.

I also find that your Pokémon are at a high level (65-66) while you were fighting Brycen - looks like you train your Pokémon a lot, as my Pokémon were only on level 61-62 when I defeated Brycen. Do you train on wild Pokémon?

Please keep me updated like you did, I love to hear about your progress.

Eevee is pretty cool on its own, so I kind of like it the way it is.

While I'm training, I'm trying to get EVs as well. So that increases the one stat I'm going for (all of them are getting mostly Attack points). Usually I don't care about EVs or anything, but I felt that if I'm bored then I may as well do something that will help me during the game.

So yeah, I train on wild Pokémon while getting Attack EVs. Or at least trying to.

Edit (I didn't feel like adding another post): You might not hear as much progress from me now since school restarts tomorrow for me.

Edited by Rinax

Feedback so far: I only got to the first city last night, since other things distracted me from playing, and I got to the N battle, which I wasn't prepared for to say the least. Only had a level 7 Tepig at the time, so of course I did terrible xD That flinch rate >_> I leveled Tepig to 9 and beat N no problem, and that's pretty much where I'm at right now, so not much else for feedback except I'm loving the variety of Pokemon on the starting route alone.

So closing with Location, and team I guess, hopefully next post I make will have more feedback on difficulty and enjoyment, which it's doing great with so far.

Team: Tepig lv 9 D:

so i restarted current team lv 11 snivey level 12 pidgey. looking for eevee im at the part where you see who can catch the most pokemon.i decide not to play anymore till my acekard2i gets here cause ill have to restart

Edited by Darkevo

Not trying to post way too much, just kinda giving feedback as much as I can. Currently at first gym. Hard as hell, lol. Tried maybe 5 times and failed. I might be just a bit too impatient to grind efficiently, though on average everything gives 10-30 exp or so around, so it's a difficult task. Not going back until my teams Evolved or know better moves. So maybe 3 levels average.

Team:

Shinx lv11

Treecko lv14 (almost D: )

Tepig lv14

So basically once I get Grovyle and Luxio, or Spark at least, I'm going to retry.

Not trying to post way too much, just kinda giving feedback as much as I can. Currently at first gym. Hard as hell, lol. Tried maybe 5 times and failed. I might be just a bit too impatient to grind efficiently, though on average everything gives 10-30 exp or so around, so it's a difficult task. Not going back until my teams Evolved or know better moves. So maybe 3 levels average.

Team:

Shinx lv11

Treecko lv14 (almost D: )

Tepig lv14

So basically once I get Grovyle and Luxio, or Spark at least, I'm going to retry.

Oh, it's not a problem at all! I love all your feedback, really! If you want to post more, you can always visit the official Pokémon Black & White Deluxe site, including forums.

Anyway, about your progress - many Trainers find the first Gym to be the most difficult, or that's what I hear. You know, I made them this hard because I wanted Trainers to get used to the difficulty.

If you really have trouble with the first Gym, you should try evolving one of your Pokémon, it makes A LOT of difference.

I also love to see how you DON'T have a Starly / Staravia on your team, almost ANY other Trainer seems to have one, lol. I feel bad for all the Pidgey / Taillow / Pidove around.

Keep up the amazing feedback!!

I downloaded just before making that post, and I just checked again right before this post, It says nothing about trimmed ROMs, it only mentions that USA probably won't work, which is wrong because USA snd EU ROMs are virtually identical.

Hmm you're right, the readme only mentions that the ROM should be ''non-patched''. Which kind of feels the same to me. The readme for beta version 0.8 will have the word ''untrimmed'' added.

so i restarted current team lv 11 snivey level 12 pidgey. looking for eevee im at the part where you see who can catch the most pokemon.i decide not to play anymore till my acekard2i gets here cause ill have to restart

Alright. Once you have your acekard2i, keep me updated!

Eevee is pretty cool on its own, so I kind of like it the way it is.

While I'm training, I'm trying to get EVs as well. So that increases the one stat I'm going for (all of them are getting mostly Attack points). Usually I don't care about EVs or anything, but I felt that if I'm bored then I may as well do something that will help me during the game.

So yeah, I train on wild Pokémon while getting Attack EVs. Or at least trying to.

Edit (I didn't feel like adding another post): You might not hear as much progress from me now since school restarts tomorrow for me.

I actually didn't take the Pokémon's EV-points into account.. So can you actually EV-train in this game or does it take ages? Which Route(s) do you specifically like to train for Attack EV's?

I've planned to create several ''EV-training'' locations on post-E4-Routes, for example somewhere between Route 11 to Route 15.

A nice location to train for HP, a cool location to train Attack EV's, and so on.. I'm not going to spoil them, though, I just want people to find out.

Well honestly, I never use birds, except in Hoenn with Taillow. But I couldn't find a Taillow, I kinda really want it on my team xD I'd ask where one is, but I don't know if you'd tell, or rather I find on my own.

As far as progress, I beat the gym once Shinx learned Spark, and I boxed Tepig. I really detest that thing >_> Now I made it to the point where I have to go into the cave and save the girls pokemon, I ended the night walking in the grass hoping a Taillow or something else was there. I really do love the variety of wild pokemon, it makes me stay around to make sure I saw everything in the route, which I'm sure I haven't even seen em all to this point. I really like that though, gives me more to do. Just like the difficulty, I really love it, I don't like being able to win without any problem all the time. I like the challenge.

So far only thing that gave trouble was the Gym battle, and I don't remember how soon the next one is.

Okay, so

Route 3

Team:

• Grovyle lv 17
  • Luxio lv16
  • Rattata lv4 (for Cut)
  • Taillow lv11

Edited by CoffmanTron
Whoa, nevermind, Just found a Taillow.

for future reference when i start playing again is eevee on the first route you go on to met the professor cause i looked there for a while the other day and i think the rarest thing i found was a poocheynaa and the first gym leaders pokemon when i battled was the kanto starters but i saw a video where they were sinnohs starters?

Edited by Darkevo

for future reference when i start playing again is eevee on the first route you go on to met the professor cause i looked there for a while the other day and i think the rarest thing i found was a poocheynaa and the first gym leaders pokemon when i battled was the kanto starters but i saw a video where they were sinnohs starters?

Eevee are rare Pokémon that live in shaking grass patches. However, shaking grass patches only appear after you have obtained the first Gym Badge.

About the first Gym - their Pokémon are different everytime, it depends on the Starter you chose. That's the reason why they don't have the elemental monkeys anymore, I like how they have other Pokémon each time. =)

Well honestly, I never use birds, except in Hoenn with Taillow. But I couldn't find a Taillow, I kinda really want it on my team xD I'd ask where one is, but I don't know if you'd tell, or rather I find on my own.

As far as progress, I beat the gym once Shinx learned Spark, and I boxed Tepig. I really detest that thing >_> Now I made it to the point where I have to go into the cave and save the girls pokemon, I ended the night walking in the grass hoping a Taillow or something else was there. I really do love the variety of wild pokemon, it makes me stay around to make sure I saw everything in the route, which I'm sure I haven't even seen em all to this point. I really like that though, gives me more to do. Just like the difficulty, I really love it, I don't like being able to win without any problem all the time. I like the challenge.

So far only thing that gave trouble was the Gym battle, and I don't remember how soon the next one is.

Okay, so

Route 3

Team:

• Grovyle lv 17
  • Luxio lv16
  • Rattata lv4 (for Cut)
  • Taillow lv11

It's so cool to read your stories! Thanks a lot for your time, it's awesome.

I'm glad that you like the game so far and I can't wait to hear more from you soon! You can ask me anything if needed (though I try not to spoil anything).

I feel like I'm helpful :')

Okay, So now I'm at the second gym. Dat Rock Polish is the most difficult thing to get past for me lol. I think I'll have to get my Grovyle to level 29 for Leaf Blade, Absorb does hardly anything to the final Pokemon [trying not to spoil, though I'm pretty sure everyone already knows this fight and team]. My Poliwhirl dies in one hit from wood hammer :< Unless there's a fighting TM nearby, and/or a water stone, Poli won't serve much for this more than a lucky Hypnosis.

Also not much else to train on, unless I find Happiny in the shaking grass, which seems like the grass shakes much less than before.

• 2nd Gym

Team:

• Poliwhirl lv25
  • Grovyle lv 24
  • Swellow lv23
  • Luxio lv20

Also maybe a Heads up on when the first Water Stone I'll find will be?

I feel like I'm helpful :')

Okay, So now I'm at the second gym. Dat Rock Polish is the most difficult thing to get past for me lol. I think I'll have to get my Grovyle to level 29 for Leaf Blade, Absorb does hardly anything to the final Pokemon [trying not to spoil, though I'm pretty sure everyone already knows this fight and team]. My Poliwhirl dies in one hit from wood hammer :< Unless there's a fighting TM nearby, and/or a water stone, Poli won't serve much for this more than a lucky Hypnosis.

Also not much else to train on, unless I find Happiny in the shaking grass, which seems like the grass shakes much less than before.

• 2nd Gym

Team:

• Poliwhirl lv25
  • Grovyle lv 24
  • Swellow lv23
  • Luxio lv20

Also maybe a Heads up on when the first Water Stone I'll find will be?

Do you think the second Gym Leader is too difficult? Is he harder than the first Gym Leader(s)?

I actually think that many people have a lot of trouble with Brock. Maybe because I tested it with a Servine and a Marshtomp, who both hit Brock's Pokémon extra hard..

I'm thinking about lowering Brock's levels by one. After you have defeated Brock, could you tell me what you think? For example, will the game remain ''in synergy'' with the Trainers in Pinwheel Forest? (By that, I mean: do the new Trainer's levels nicely connect?) I actually think that you're overleveled after you have defeated Brock.

I'm sorry, my native language is not English so it was kind of difficult for me to explain this, lol.

In Castelia City (where the 3th Gym is), you can get either a Leaf, Fire or Water Stone from a scientist (?) on the docks. So, just choose to obtain a Water Stone and you'll have a Poliwrath right before the third Gym!

Okay, that's where I remembered it being in vanilla, lol. So far I think he's a tad tough, but my pokemon aren't quite that high levels. I can get Onix and Geodude out of the way, no problem. Just sudowoodo is tough since I'm using grovyle and Poliwhirl. Grovyle's only good offense is Absorb in this situation, which does hardly anything, and Poliwhirl falls to a singe Wood Hammer. And If I use Grovyle first, sudo gets rock polishes in, If I use Poli first, he gets wood hammered after my missed hypnosis, then rock polishes lol. I'm SLOWLY training Grovyle to level 29 but there isn't a whole lot to get exp off of sadly.

As far as being too Difficult, I will hold that off until my teams a bit more leveled. It really depends on ones team, if they had a Servine + Marshtomp, its much easier, Pignite has fighting moves, Combusken as well. I think I'm just in a jam since Grovyle's got only a small attack to work with. So I'd say its just my team that's making it hard. But once they're levelled I'll let you know how they fare.

So far I'm loving this hack! I was just a little disapointed when the newest patch only went to the 8th gym. Owell, that's still quite a bit of exploring. My favorite part of this hack is the skateboard :P

I'm not as trained up as everyone else. Right now I'm about to challenge the Iccirus gym leader. Here's my team :

1. Aggron - Lvl 57
  2. Flygon - Lvl 57
  3. Kingdra - Lvl 58
  4. Porygon - Z - Lvl 59
  5. Chandelure - Lvl 58

Any ETA on the next patch? :creep:

-Edit-

Bryce really wasn't that bad, considering his pokemon levels were overwhelming compared to mine. I used Aggron and Porygon-Z, aswell as Moltres as a decoy to Aggrons and Porygon-Z's HP. Kind of surprised I didn't even have to use my Chandelure.

Edited by PepsiLoverx32

Okay, that's where I remembered it being in vanilla, lol. So far I think he's a tad tough, but my pokemon aren't quite that high levels. I can get Onix and Geodude out of the way, no problem. Just sudowoodo is tough since I'm using grovyle and Poliwhirl. Grovyle's only good offense is Absorb in this situation, which does hardly anything, and Poliwhirl falls to a singe Wood Hammer. And If I use Grovyle first, sudo gets rock polishes in, If I use Poli first, he gets wood hammered after my missed hypnosis, then rock polishes lol. I'm SLOWLY training Grovyle to level 29 but there isn't a whole lot to get exp off of sadly.

As far as being too Difficult, I will hold that off until my teams a bit more leveled. It really depends on ones team, if they had a Servine + Marshtomp, its much easier, Pignite has fighting moves, Combusken as well. I think I'm just in a jam since Grovyle's got only a small attack to work with. So I'd say its just my team that's making it hard. But once they're levelled I'll let you know how they fare.

Lol, what actually is ''vanilla''? I heard more people talk about it. Is it a hack or just another reference for the normal (unhacked) games?

Anyway yes, I think I will indeed lower Brock's Pokémon's levels by one, because I tested with Servine + Marshtomp, that's why I made his Pokémon's levels so high..

So imagine that his levels are all 1 lower. It will be easier to defeat him, then - do you think it will be better that way, regarding the upcoming Trainers in Pinwheel Forest?

So far I'm loving this hack! I was just a little disapointed when the newest patch only went to the 8th gym. Owell, that's still quite a bit of exploring. My favorite part of this hack is the skateboard :P

I'm not as trained up as everyone else. Right now I'm about to challenge the Iccirus gym leader. Here's my team :

1. Aggron - Lvl 57
  2. Flygon - Lvl 57
  3. Kingdra - Lvl 58
  4. Porygon - Z - Lvl 59
  5. Chandelure - Lvl 58

Any ETA on the next patch? :creep:

-Edit-

Bryce really wasn't that bad, considering his pokemon levels were overwhelming compared to mine. I used Aggron and Porygon-Z, aswell as Moltres as a decoy to Aggrons and Porygon-Z's HP. Kind of surprised I didn't even have to use my Chandelure.

Thanks a lot for this feedback! I'm very sorry to disappoint you, but the next patch will probably be out somewhere in February. I hope you can still find something to do in the game. However, I assure you that the next patch has the complete storyline finished, which means you can enter Route 10 and catch Pokémon / battle Trainers there, you can battle (and defeat!) the Opelucid Gym Leader and, last but not least, enter the Victory Road and beat the Elite Four! I think that's something to look forward to!

About your Pokémon team; how did you evolve your Kingdra and Porygon-Z - or are you maybe playing since the first-ever patch? Because in this game, the Dragon Scale and Dubious Disc can't be found before the Icirrus Gym (which I did to maintain the difficulty).