Pokémon Black & White Deluxe [v1 released]

Oxnite

Sure thing. Having a quick break just now, and then going to do a bit of the Desert Castle. Quick question, do I need one of the Shiny Dogs for the ZOruark event, or is it set to just active automatically? And I will continue to keep you updated on results. Assuming I get the last bits of my coursework finished tomorrow, I can probably do testing until the end of the beta later on tomorrow.

Sure thing. Having a quick break just now, and then going to do a bit of the Desert Castle. Quick question, do I need one of the Shiny Dogs for the ZOruark event, or is it set to just active automatically? And I will continue to keep you updated on results. Assuming I get the last bits of my coursework finished tomorrow, I can probably do testing until the end of the beta later on tomorrow.

I couldn't get the Zoroark event working automatically, however I worked around it! If you're really interested in Zorua / Zoroark, just check for NPCs that want to trade with you, hehe. =)

Alright, I'm really looking forward to your experiences and feedback!

Thanks. I am just thinking before my testing that I won't be able to answer the Cheren question for Nacrene City, it will need to be answered by someone going through for the first time. Everything else I Should be able to answer.

Cool, thank you very much!

- Can TM Embargo be found in Lostlorn Forest? If so, could you please explain where exactly (what position)? - Inside the Broken Tree Trunk directly ahead of you as you enter

- Can TM Psych Up be found on Route 18?

- On Route 7, when you're standing right in front of the Celestial Tower and walk to the right, there's a dead end with an item. What item can be found there?

- In the Celestial Tower, can the following five items be found: TM Shadow Claw, Cleanse Tag, Spell Tag, TwistedSpoon and TM Ally Switch?

In other news, just beat Clay. Team

Ludicolo - 43

Swoobat - 39

Clefable - 40

Ursaring - 35 (May drop, not using it too much. Same reason I dropped Shellder)

Emboar - 41

Was tough, by the end of it, Ludicolo had no PP left, so I had to switch to Clefable for the Ice Beam on Donphan. Without it's sturdy, it would have gone straight down

Edited by RobbieNewton

Thank you very much, Robbie!

Ah, so the man at Anvil Town doesn't give out TM Dream Eater.. Alright, gotta check that, then.

About the spelling, grammar etc., my mother language isn't English so if you want, it would be great if you could point out some errors, etc.!

(Btw, is it: the man at Anvil Town, or the man in Anvil Town? Hehe, I'm getting totally confused when I accurately pay attention to it).

I don't know. I talked to everyone in the town and in the houses, and the green man (sole occupant of one of the houses) was the only person to give something. Yeah, I felt a bit wrong after saying the English thing since I am aware not everyone's first language is English but you have done a good job. In the example I gave, a better rephrasing (obviously I am aware, from using it from time to time, how hard and limiting the text editor can be" would be something along the lines of -

"For a few days now,

I've been too tired to work because I am

having the strangest nightmares...

Oh! Maybe I can stop them if I give

this item to a strong Trainer!

Rose obtained a Rare Candy"

Rose being my characters name. I am now facing Bianca on the way out of Driftveil, so should hopefully by the time I go to bed have the rest of the questions asnwered for you Oxnite.

Thank you very much, again, Robbie!

May I ask you, how did your Clefable learn Ice Beam? Or is that a misunderstanding?

I'll correct the man's text and I'll have him give away TM Dream Eater instead of the Rare Candy.

I'm looking forward to your further experiences!

Geez, I missed the release date of the new beta... :|

Anyway, just got it downloaded and all.

I have a lot of homework to do (a poster, poetry booklet, science, theory) that are all due around Monday, so I might not be able to play the beta much.

It seems you already have someone to help you out, so I won't worry too much.

I'll try to keep you posted and you keep on releasing more and more stuff! (And hope my teachers don't be mean this winter and shove homework in my face.)

Also, did I miss any items while staying in Driftveil City from beta 0.5? Am I able to get them?

Geez, I missed the release date of the new beta... :|

Anyway, just got it downloaded and all.

I have a lot of homework to do (a poster, poetry booklet, science, theory) that are all due around Monday, so I might not be able to play the beta much.

It seems you already have someone to help you out, so I won't worry too much.

I'll try to keep you posted and you keep on releasing more and more stuff! (And hope my teachers don't be mean this winter and shove homework in my face.)

Also, did I miss any items while staying in Driftveil City from beta 0.5? Am I able to get them?

Missed items.. Probably TM Pluck and TM Incinerate, but they can still be obtained at the Battle Subway (originally, that's the only place to obtain them, so it's actually not a big deal).

I'm definitely looking forward to your updates! Thank you!

Not played as much as I could lately, due to a big youth work conference yesterday, and a youth work excursion today. However, played some. Got through CHargestone Cave. Kinda, I am at the end of it. Man, I never thought I would see a Golbat that is Deadly. And then no sooner have I survived his first three, then N sends out the Scizor. Still, I will persevere, ooh, forgot I left it on. Down to Larvitar now, I prevailed over Scizor due to Scizor being in love with my Clefable. Larvitar, you are going down. Yes, get in there :D

hey man, first of all great job with this game, i've been playing it for a few days and it's well good, just beat the 3rd boss. i haven't really seen any glitches yet, other than for double/triple battles the game laggs a bit, but im not sure if you can do anything about that.

if you were thinking about changing any music, it would be so good if you could use this for a trainer/wild pokemon encounter, for nostalgias sake :) and its a sick tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUWnVI_oZN0&feature=related

Should be able to answer these today

- Can TM Psych Up be found on Route 18?

- On Route 7, when you're standing right in front of the Celestial Tower and walk to the right, there's a dead end with an item. What item can be found there? - Black Sludge

- In the Celestial Tower, can the following five items be found: TM Shadow Claw, Cleanse Tag, Spell Tag, TwistedSpoon and TM Ally Switch?

Edited by RobbieNewton

Not played as much as I could lately, due to a big youth work conference yesterday, and a youth work excursion today. However, played some. Got through CHargestone Cave. Kinda, I am at the end of it. Man, I never thought I would see a Golbat that is Deadly. And then no sooner have I survived his first three, then N sends out the Scizor. Still, I will persevere, ooh, forgot I left it on. Down to Larvitar now, I prevailed over Scizor due to Scizor being in love with my Clefable. Larvitar, you are going down. Yes, get in there :D

Hah, I love it to hear such feedback, it's very cool!

About your answers, thanks a lot! Black Sludge is what it should be, so thanks!

Btw, RobbieNewton, I've updated the question about Route 18 with more information. Would you like to search for that, too? This is the new question:

- Can TM Psych Up and TM Trick Room be found on Route 18? If so, where can TM Trick Room be found?

- Can both DeepSeaTooth and DeepSeaScale be found around Route 17? What about a Dragon Scale--in this game, it should NOT be there.

- What can be found inside P2 Laboratory just after Route 18?

hey man, first of all great job with this game, i've been playing it for a few days and it's well good, just beat the 3rd boss. i haven't really seen any glitches yet, other than for double/triple battles the game laggs a bit, but im not sure if you can do anything about that.

if you were thinking about changing any music, it would be so good if you could use this for a trainer/wild pokemon encounter, for nostalgias sake :) and its a sick tune (...)

Thank you! Yeah, I sometimes notice the lagging, too--it's when a wild Pokémon appears, right? I can't do anything about that, I'm afraid.. But I didn't find it that much of a problem.

About the music, I'll try to edit some music when the game is about finished, however, the song you mention cannot be added because it does not consist as a .sseq or .midi file and, more important, it's a anime-based music file and I would like to keep things game-wise. I hope you understand.

Excellent, I'll look for them. Is Route 17 and 18 the one near the starting town, that you surf to get too?

Yes! In fact, this deluxe version itself suggests (by words, for example Clay advises you to do so) to visit Route 17, 18 etc. first before entering Chargestone Cave, because you can train a lot there! Hehe, I find it kind of astonishing how you managed to get through the Cargestone Cave in the first place.

Ah, I thought it was merely a suggestion. Yeah, I did struggle getting through chargestone cave. Levelled up my Swoobat and Emboar quite some bit. Anyways, I have added a Pawniard to my team and think I will dump Ursaring. PLaying again in 20 or so minutes

That's nice ! Can't wait to hear your feedback again.

So far, do you like the way the Pokémon have been spread throughout the region? Do you want some Pokémon to appear earlier (or later)?

- Can TM Round be obtained at the Castelia City Battle Company (the company with all the clerks)?

There was a guy talking about it but he didn't give it. Maybe I already talked to him in the previous version.

- Can TM Incinerate be found Outside Pinwheel Forest? If so, could you please explain where exactly (what position)?

- Can TM Struggle Bug be found in Pinwheel Forest, near the end of the long, woody road?

- Outside the Cold Storage, you can normally find the following visible items (in their ''PokéBall item form'' overworld): Ether, Heart Scale and Protein. Is this still true?

- Does the man in the only house of Anville Town give away TM Dream Eater? Is his text correct (for example, correct sentence-length, etc.)?

- Can TM Embargo be found in Lostlorn Forest? If so, could you please explain where exactly (what position)?

- Can TM Psych Up be found on Route 18? And can both DeepSeaTooth and DeepSeaScale be found around there, too? What about a Dragon Scale--in the original game, it can be found around Route 17, but in this game, it should NOT be there.

- On Route 7, when you're standing right in front of the Celestial Tower and walk to the right, there's a dead end with an item. What item can be found there?

I'll fill in the empty parts later.

Edited by TheKrosver97

- Can TM Round be obtained at the Castelia City Battle Company (the company with all the clerks)?

There was a guy talking about it but he didn't give it. Maybe I already talked to him in the previous version.

(...)

Hmm.. That's weird. RobbieNewton had the same problem.

I'll have to look further into it myself.. But I can only do that when I play this game for a second time, so this will probably be fixed during a final revise - which means it will be fixed as late as the final release.

Just sitting down to it now. Celestial Tower, since I am there, then I will do the Routes

Can't wait!

Update; thanks a lot for answering the questions below, it really really helps, thank you!!

Edited by Oxnite

- Can TM Psych Up be found on Route 18? - Yes

- On Route 7, when you're standing right in front of the Celestial Tower and walk to the right, there's a dead end with an item. What item can be found there? - Black Sludge

Twisted Spoon - Floor 2, Right Side Item Ball

Shadow Claw - Floor 2, Left Side Item Ball

- Can TM Psych Up and TM Trick Room be found on Route 18? If so, where can TM Trick Room be found? - From the lab, go down to the grass, fight Scientist Nathan, then pick up the Pokeball. Psych Up was also found, though I can't remember where

- Can both DeepSeaTooth (yes) and DeepSeaScale (yes) be found around Route 17? What about a Dragon Scale--in this game, it should NOT be there.

- What can be found inside P2 Laboratory just after Route 18? - I am not sure what the laboratory is, but I just found a building with lots of tech in it, and a Shiny Stone

In terms of spreading, I quite like the spread we have so far, it's a nice mix. I got that one item, aam now going to the Routes to level up some. My team right now also includes Pinsir. Now that the Route 17, 18 and P2 are done, back to the Celestial Tower. I always felt that the bell up top was the bell from Crystal. Anyways, I am most looking forward to seeing who the Elite Four are.

Edited by RobbieNewton

- Can TM Psych Up be found on Route 18? - Yes

Twisted Spoon - Floor 2, Right Side Item Ball

Shadow Claw - Floor 2, Left Side Item Ball

- Can TM Psych Up and TM Trick Room be found on Route 18? If so, where can TM Trick Room be found? - From the lab, go down to the grass, fight Scientist Nathan, then pick up the Pokeball. Psych Up was also found, though I can't remember where

- Can both DeepSeaTooth (yes) and DeepSeaScale (yes) be found around Route 17? What about a Dragon Scale--in this game, it should NOT be there.

- What can be found inside P2 Laboratory just after Route 18? - I am not sure what the laboratory is, but I just found a building with lots of tech in it, and a Shiny Stone

In terms of spreading, I quite like the spread we have so far, it's a nice mix. I got that one item, aam now going to the Routes to level up some. My team right now also includes Pinsir. Now that the Route 17, 18 and P2 are done, back to the Celestial Tower. I always felt that the bell up top was the bell from Crystal. Anyways, I am most looking forward to seeing who the Elite Four are.

Thank you! Concluding from this, I guess the Dragon Scale cannot be found on Route 17 - Route 18 anymore.

I'm happy that both DeepSea Items can be found there, though.

Could you maybe tell me whether you found Cleanse Tag, Spell Tag and TM Ally Switch at the Celestial Tower? Thanks a lot.

Hehe, yeah, the E4 will be surprising, I guess!