Plat. Heatran Event flags

Jiggy-Ninja

I narrowed down the location of Heatran's flags to 4 locations in Platinum's Save file.

I made 6 different save files. 3 from before Heatran, and 3 after I ran from Heatran's battle, making it disappear. Each was saved in a different location, and each was saved twice in a row to make each side of the save as identical as possible.

Then, I used the Save Hacker Toolkit to compare all the combinations of the 6 saves to narrow down the locations as much as possible. That resulted in four locations in the save file (8 if you count both blocks). I'll list the locations, as well as the values in this format: "MemLoc: Heatran -> NoHeatran"

0x0E46: 0Eh -> 01h

0x0EE8: 01h -> 02h

0x1006: 40h -> C0h

0x1027: 5Dh -> 7Dh

I've attached the 6 .sav files I used to this post. They were all dumped directly from my Japanese Platinum cart, which has an identical save structure to the English Platinum.

This is as far as I think I can go, unless someone knows a way to easily fix the save's checksums. I can't poke at the RAM (and therefore, can't make AR codes) since No$GBA is bugged and doesn't work without sound.

So...here you go.

Heatran1.sav

Heatran2.sav

Hetran3.sav

No Heatran1.sav

No Heatran2.sav

No Heatran3.sav

Heatran1.sav

Heatran2.sav

Hetran3.sav

No Heatran1.sav

No Heatran2.sav

No Heatran3.sav

Well, combined with PPRE's script decompiler this might help us get a handle on all flags in the game :eek:

I'll check which flags are used there. and we can compare with the things in the save that change. Then we can figure out the pattern.

Well, combined with PPRE's script decompiler this might help us get a handle on all flags in the game :eek:

I'll check which flags are used there. and we can compare with the things in the save that change. Then we can figure out the pattern.

Cool.

So, I've started testing each of these flags. I planned on taking a NoHeatran save and changing the flags back to the values from the Heatran saves one by one in every combination possible. I'll then load the game into Pokesav and save it to reset the checksum.

The location for those saves is inside Heatran's room.

Anyway, when I start a save with just the 2nd flag changed from 02h -> 01h, Heatran does not show up when the game loads, but when I exit the room and reenter, it appears to be battled again!

I'll see what happens now with 03h. And, I'll test the rest of the 13 combinations too.