Two Pokédex bugs

Blaziken257

Hello. I have found two bugs (both having to do with languages) with the Pokédex:

1. When opening a save file, every seen/caught Pokédex entry will automatically be updated with whatever language is currently selected under the Language menu. For example, if English is selected, every seen/caught Pokédex entry will have the English flag checked, even if it wasn't already checked before. This happens even if "Automatically updated Pokédex" is unchecked. This is annoying because I always edit Spanish save files, and I always have to remember to select Spanish first before opening any file, so that English flags won't automatically be checked.

2. In the Pokédex window, if you click the English box for any Pokémon, go to a different Pokémon, then go back, you'll see that it actually affects the Japanese box instead. The same is true in reverse. This is a bit confusing, so let's do an example:

Let's say that I have Abra selected. Suppose that neither English nor Japanese are checked. Then I click English. At first, it appears that English is checked now. But then I go to Abomasnow, then back to Abra. Now I see that the Japanese box is checked instead. Now if I were to repeat this process, I would see that both boxes are unchecked again when Abra's info is refreshed.

Just so you know this isn't being ignored, I have read your post and will look into it when I can/have the will. My initial thoughts are that this behavior (for your first problem, that is) is intended, but I didn't consider the situation you're dealing with. It'll need to be changed.