Ok, my attempt at an egg hack; legit(-looking)?

Pichu

First post. So, hi!

.pkm file is attached below! The egg received date is on the 21st, but I'm not going to hatch it until the 22nd, because I'm going to buy the EU Platinum release and transfer the egg over.

Basically, I hacked an egg using Pokésav. I think it's byte-for-byte legit-looking. The legality checker says it's fine, but I just want to make sure the job has been done well. I'm 99% sure it's possible for this Pichu to be born with these moves, the PP is correct, etc. I didn't make IVs particularly great, but I did nudge them until my Hidden Power type came out as Ice, and gave speed a little love.

The bytes over on the right should derive from 7D0, correct? Which is 2000 in decimal, showing that this Pokémon was given to me by the Day Care couple. It was produced in the American Platinum version. The PID comes from the IVs and nature being Naive, male, not shiny and class 1 (Static).

In short, is this a good quality hack? Would Nintendo even be able to detect it? If you're wondering why the IVs aren't particularly impressive, well, I mostly just wanted to see if I was any good at hacking. Also, I skipped some time and TM wasting by giving myself Grass Knot and Hidden Power. :) Thanks for any help!

pichu.pkm

pichu.pkm

Welcome to the forums. =)

It appears to be a fine hack. The bytes at 44h and 45h are good and the moveset is legal.

However, upon closer inspection, the PID will not work. While it is technically possible to have that PID, its so unrealistic that most people would discount it instantly.

Hatched pokemon have no relation between the PID and their IVs. You used the PID > IV generator on Pokesav, which is fine, for wild pokemon. For hatched pokemon, use the Generate button, not the PID > IV.

You could use any one of these PIDs:

There are tons more, just hit generate a few times and you'll get an idea of the possibilities. All of these are legitimate PIDs for hatched pokemon. (don't use the Shiny box, those are not legit)

Cheers