Pokémon Aqua Sapphire

Team Fail

pokemon_aqua_sapphire_by_pedro121-d424ote.png

ポケットモンスターアクアサファイア

Game Info

Hack of: badge-diamond.png

Creator: Team Fail

Remake of Pokémon Sapphire version (GBA)

Storyline

One morning, you go to meet a girl next door and you learn that her father is the local professor. While exploring the town, you hear some shouts and yells from down the road. You go to see that the Professor is being attacked by a Wild Pokémon! A leads to B, and that Professor you saved ends up giving you that Pokémon! With your mom having your back, you set off on your own Pokémon adventure!

On your journey, you will meet friends new and old, and you will end up discovering things that not many people know of... The history of the Hoenn region. In it's flesh and blood.

Pokémon Aqua Sapphire is a remake of the Hoenn region using the fabulous Nintendo DS engine! Re-live all your favourite moments in the Hoenn region in 3D!

Videos

HVynm7MvDNs

Yes. Desmume's lag allowed me to TAS that menu. It is also slightly outdated.

t-GPlKZB7Xw

This is almost complete, minus music. That needs to be sequenced, looped and inserted.

PNMT_htLAcU

This is a test for a new script. I'm leaving it for speculation.

PAWg7GaJF7c

For all of you that thought it was Lyra, you're sooooo wrong. :P

Awards

None yet!

Releases

(Beta V1): Not yet. Unknown release date as of yet. Possibly August.

Beta V1 will contain a playable demo of Littleroot Town. It is currently unknown what content this beta will and will not have, because the certainty of some of the content is up in the air.

To Do's

Well, there is a small list. So, let's get started.

• Music: I am getting remixes together, but I need looping to be done (If you want to, you can apply!). Other than that, music is pretty much covered, besides one song. Once I get to music, I want to hold a contest for that.
  • Sprites: I have someone getting these done. Look in the credits for who.
  • Graphics: Same as above
  • Scripts: I have that covered mostly.
  • Trainers: This is where you come in. Once I can have more access to edited maps, I want to have a small contest. I won't start it yet, but once it is done, I want to have all of you in the Battle Tower.
    What is remaining?
  • Implementing Rival's house, lab, and some more home scripts.
  • Music
  • Graphics
  • Silly typos and fixing textboxes

Screenshots

bannerfq.pngapology.pnginfonp.pngnotforsalescreen.pngversioninfo.pngenjoyu.pngmom1g.pngtwinleaftownfinal.pngnpc1l.pngnpc2h.pngnpc3i.png

Music

What's On TV?

Littleroot Town

Rival's Battle

Welcome To The World of Pokémon!

Use Banners

Er08d.png

-Courtesy of Pink Typhlosion

D1Mze.png

-Courtesy of Pink Typhlosion

user274758pic5823713118.png

-Courtesy of Tan and Teal

Team

Team Fail- Mapping, scripting, sequences and (some) graphics

Innovator- Graphics

giradialkia- Support

Credits

Link_971 for his astounding map editor, and for helping me with what it couldn't do.

Innovator for graphics and sprites.

SCV for the most amazing PPRE.

Cilerba for the CSS

Rin Okumura for posting this on PHO's front-page news!

Nintendo for the wonderful base and graphics.

kimba616 for the public Kris sprites

Me for making this.

Let me know if I am missing someone.

FAQ

Q: WHEN IS THERE A RELEASE!??!?!

A: Please don't rush me. DS Hacking is much harder than it looks, especially when it comes to music and maps.

Q: How will you implement Dive?

A: I am stuck between 2 options: Marine Cave, or ASM/Tile permissions. I will decide when the time arises.

Q: What do you mean by "Friends new and old?"

A: We'll see about that... I can tell you this much: It's going to tie up a loose end in the series.

Closing Notes

I am wanting to make this hack and I have been planning it since last year, so I think it's about time I presented it to the community. IT IS NOT MEANT TO BE LINEAR to the original games. I hope to have this released soon. Keep a sharp eye out here! I also know that I am very inactive here, but I want to show this to people to show what is and what isn't possible.

Edited by Team Fail
Added new userbar
  • Like 1

--Moved to Progressing Edits--

(Since hacking is being done)

Awesome. Thanks for that.

I have a quick question to ask of all you reading this. Since PPRE won't let me add movements to map 412 (Rival's home, lower floor), do you want me to remove the movements in there with your rival's mother walking up to you? Or do you want her just to speak to you from the table to the door? Or what?

• 3 weeks later...

This hack is amazing so far. It seems that you are a truly great hacker.

I really like how you edited ''Littleroot Town'' so far.

However.. I've read somewhere that you don't know how to hack other maps yet? Is that true?

And I really wish you best of luck with this, but I just think it will take at least a year to complete this, with the map hacking and such.

I really really like this though.

(The intro music is great, but I guess the ''intro movie'' will always stay the same, right? That's too bad, yet understandable).

This hack is amazing so far. It seems that you are a truly great hacker.

I really like how you edited ''Littleroot Town'' so far.

However.. I've read somewhere that you don't know how to hack other maps yet? Is that true?

And I really wish you best of luck with this, but I just think it will take at least a year to complete this, with the map hacking and such.

I really really like this though.

(The intro music is great, but I guess the ''intro movie'' will always stay the same, right? That's too bad, yet understandable).

Yeah. Unless I can gain access to a map editor, it will take quite a while to finish.

I might try graphic-editing the intro, but I don't know how that'll turn out.

• 3 years later...