The Hardest Gym Leader --- For You

ScientificPikachu

Who is the hardest B/W Gym Leader for you?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the hardest B/W Gym Leader for you?

• Cilan (Striaton - Grass)
    • Chili (Striaton - Fire)
    • Cress (Striaton - Water)
    • Lenora (Nacrene - Normal)
    • Burgh (Castelia - Bug)
    • Elesa (Nimbasa - Electric)
    • Clay (Driftveil - Ground)
    • Skyla (Mistralton - Flying)
    • Brycen (Icirrus - Ice)
    • Drayden (Opelucid - Dragon - Black)
    • Iris (Opelucid - Dragon - White)

I guess that everyone had fantasies of defeating Gym Leaders easily. But what if the leader owns you?

Tell everything about your sufferings. Tell who's the Gym Leader who humiliated you. Who knows? These humiliations may help others.

Here's mine:

At Nimbasa City Gym, riding roller coasters is called a gym-mick but this gym-mick is not as easy as the leader, Elesa. She owned me 25 times! Her Volt Switch Abuse was a KILLER! It OHKOed my Pokémon many times. I ran out of supplies.

She never forgives me!

EDIT:

I recently restarted my game. Pokémon overleveled this time. Man, this time I HATE BRYCEN. HIS BEARTIC KILLED MY EMBOAR! (WHAT?)

Edited by ScientificPikachu

Meh. My Serperior had little trouble with most of the gyms. Elesa was annoying but nothing too difficult. Grassers have an advantage against Electrics heh heh, even if Emolga carries Aerial Ace. The only one that gave me a headache was Lenora of Nacrene City. They always make the Normal types hard (just ask Whitney and Norman) -_-

• 3 weeks later...

^ Volt Switch has a base power of 70, as I recall.

For me it was a tie between Elesa and Clay. Elesa was really annoying... Frequently I had my Herdier use Dig on her Zebstrika, only to have her switch to Emolga and make the attack ineffective. The Zebstrika itself was really powerful as well.

As for Clay, his Excadrill was faster than everyone on my team, and even managed to OHKO my Dewott. After using Hone Claws a couple of times, it proceeded to wipe out my whole team. In order to defeat him the second time, I had to send in my Petilil straightaway against his Excadrill, paralyzing the mole with Stun Spore. After that he was pretty easy to defeat.

Volt Switch (ボルトチェンジ)

Type:Electric

Category:Special

PP's: 20

Base Power: 70

Accuracy: 100

Battle Effect: After making its attack, the user rushes back to switch places with a party Pokémon in waiting.

Secondary Effect: Pokémon retreats from battle. Effect Rate: --%

TM# 72 Obtainable From Elesa in Nimbasa City Gym

Source: http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-bw/voltswitch.shtml

a.k.a The Electric U - Turn , Elesa's Killer Move , Love of Emolga

My Servine lost like 50 + HP from that Retaliate... yikes :/

She had a total of 7X and went down to 2X HP from one Retaliate. That was scary. Then comes Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, Crunch... all to make your life miserable. Retaliate has a base power of 210 (factoring STAB) from that crazy Watchog.

Though I didn't really think of Lenora as a gym leader. She along with the other trainers before her all used the same Pokemon family; Lillipup, Patrat, Purrloin, and the elemental monkeys plaguing the beginning of the game. Slow game this is.

("Lenora without a doubt. After you beat the Herdier, her Watchhog just uses retaliate and pretty much KO's the pokemon you have out(and an 85 attack is pretty high at the beginning of the game")

Yep had a little trouble with that too.

("210 power")

210?! That's higher than self-destruct!

Edited by Haxorus

Note: I do not know what stab is. Watched about 200 pokemon films...finished 1 pokemon black...having problems with Clair on pokemon Gold. Well it took me 2 days to get to him, but now it's 4 days. And I do not know what STAB is so can you please tell me? don't know what BW is either:frown:

I'm only ten

Good grief. We're headed off topic, but...

BW is just me abbreviating Black/White. Doesn't mean Brood War/Blunt Weapon/Black Weegee/etc

As for STAB that's what you do with a knife; Same Type Attack Boost. Pokemon using a move that is their own type get a 1.5x boost (example: Swift coming off of Clefable will be 90 base power, not 60, due to STAB, while Swift coming from Primeape has 60 base power due to no STAB. Primeape's Cross Chop will be 150 base power due to STAB not 100). Get it?

Oh. Thanks

So thats why my haunters shadow ball seemed more powerful than dark pulse though they have the same power and both are special.

Yes I know that you stab people with knifes but you can also do it with swords...

To keep in topic, the hardest for me was clay after I beat him first time. If someones wondering what I'm talking about with first time read my messages on the first page

Edited by Haxorus

Cilan (Striaton - Grass), because i didnt know about that fire monkey pokemon you can get.. so i lost like 10 times against him... but in doing so i learned that i get less exp each time i beat his pokemon, as i level, something they newly implemented, an exp curve..

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cilan/Chili/Cress: I wouldn't call any of these hard. You can beat their respective monkey with whichever one you get in the Dreamyard, even if you don't level it up at all.

Lenora: Herdier is annoying with Intimidate, but you have access to three different fighters close by who can all lay the hurtin' on her whole team. You should have no problem with Watchog if you can take care of Herdier.

Burgh: Definitely not one of the easier ones; Venipede can have Poison Point, which makes it risky for someone like Darumaka or Pignite, who are both more physical-based, to hit him effectively. Dwebble is always going to take at least two hits thanks to Sturdy. Leavanny is 4x weak to Fire and Flying, but it's fairly fast and powerful, so it's probably going to be able to bully your NFE's a lot before dying.

Elesa: Those Emolgas are real pieces of work. Fortunately, you can get a TM39 (Rock Tomb) in the Desert Resort. Zebstrika is slightly less annoying in my opinion, but it hits like a truck at this stage. Just bring someone with Dig (also in the Desert). Unfortunately, neither attack is very powerful, so you might need two hits to bring them down.

Clay: Any Grass-type walks over Palpitoad, Krokorok and Excadrill both take massive damage from Fighting attacks.

Skyla: If you have any Electric Pokemon on your team, you'll sweep her whole gym. Even just catching a Zebstrika on the outlying route will decimate this place. Easiest gym in my opinion.

Brycen: Every Pokemon in this gym is a pure-Ice-type. Anything that can hit a Cubchoo super-effectively will hit everything here.

Drayden/Iris: Hidden threat to the team: Cryogonal. With a 105 Speed stat, you can outrun Haxorus and slip in an Ice Beam from a Special Attack stat of 95. Failing that, if it's Winter, you can catch Beartic in the Double Grass outside the Dragonspiral Tower. If you can get it up to Level 40 before fighting the leader, you should be able to handle their Pokemon.