ShinyGTS & ShinyDTS support topic

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, I have a question:

Is it possible to send AND receive Pokemon at the same time? Or could someone make a modded version of ShinyGTS that can receive while distributing?

It is possible, but I'd have to modify the code. It was not designed to send & receive at the same time; there's a reason for that.

• 2 weeks later...
It is possible, but I'd have to modify the code. It was not designed to send & receive at the same time; there's a reason for that.

Ok.

P.S. Could someone send me a download link with the source code of ShinyGTS/DTS? Or maybe somehow give me a Microsoft Visual C++ Express project file with the source code? (I understand that the source code can be found on the ShinyGTS page on Google Code, but I don't want to download each file individually.)

I'd be totally fine with a ZIP folder containing the source code files.

Ok.

P.S. Could someone send me a download link with the source code of ShinyGTS/DTS? Or maybe somehow give me a Microsoft Visual C++ Express project file with the source code? (I understand that the source code can be found on the ShinyGTS page on Google Code, but I don't want to download each file individually.)

I'd be totally fine with a ZIP folder containing the source code files.

ShinyGTS/DTS is written in C# & VB.net and the source files there are old and outdated. I can give you the source however.

Okay so... Here's what happened with me;

After some initial trouble getting my 3ds to connect to my ip address (local, me only)... I finally got it to work, I messed around with the ports and stuff and it finally connected.

However! When I enter my IP address as my DNS address, and I goto the GTS in game like normal... I get the normal GTS, not my GTS.

Any Thoughts?

Okay so... Here's what happened with me;

After some initial trouble getting my 3ds to connect to my ip address (local, me only)... I finally got it to work, I messed around with the ports and stuff and it finally connected.

However! When I enter my IP address as my DNS address, and I goto the GTS in game like normal... I get the normal GTS, not my GTS.

Any Thoughts?

I don't think ShinyGTS/DTS can work locally. I think you need to make your server public by using your public IP (the one that isn't 192.168.___.___).

Were you able to do so? I would like to get a modded version of ShinyGTS that could do that if it's not too much trouble as well.

Well, see, the issue is, how do I figure out if I should send or receive? The mode to do either is -there-, but it isn't really feasible to do...both without say, reservations or what not and if no reservation, then one can upload.

What I wanted was it to be able to send and receive in the sense that when you connect, you would receive a Pokemon and after that you can still deposit a Pokemon that will be saved to the computer.

That can work in some versions, however, I think it's HG/SS that disconnect with an error code. I don't know why or how to fix that, nor do I have the energy to devote to it. Some versions of the game don't crash out like that, and, if the server were to be coded a slight bit differently, it would work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

so I tried to use ShinyGTS to get some of the event-'mons on my GenV (White) cartridge but already failed when trying to set up the DNS.

shinyGTS-invalid-IP.png

The text in the [Get IP]-box is

File moved-http://www.whatismyip.com/faq/automation.asp

Is this a known issue or is there a work-around? It seems to have a problem determining my outside-IP, so it seems to refuse to start the DNS - which is somewhat redundant, because I'm only planning to use it in my local WLAN network.

Also, I already closed TeamViewer, because it tried to use Port 80, so now when trying to access "localhost" via Browser (which, of course, defaults to port 80), it times out, instead of producing that little TeamViewer-message, so I guess, I'll be OK with port 80. I don't know, which programs would use Port 53 or how to check for it, but I think it's a standard DNS port, I'm pretty sure I don't host anything of that sort.

• 2 weeks later...

Please help.

I am only trying to send to my 3DS, not anyone else.

In my system settings, I have used my local IP address and put this into the ShinyGTS program.

DNS server intialises, GTS initialisation completes. (Set to Gen V, set to individual pokemon sending and I have a file named bulbasaur.pkm ready to send.)

I go into the GTS and I have the options of searching for pokemon or depositing a pokemon.

I cannot search for Bulbasaur, only pokemon that I have in my pokedex so far. (I do have the national dex).

So I'm not sure what to do. Can I recieve Bulbasaur on my Gen V game?

Do I need to forward the ports if I'm only sending to myself?

Are there any other settings I need to change? Like security?

Is there anything else I need to do after clicking 'Start GTS' in order to send my pokemon to the game?

I'm not sure what's missing, help would be greatly appreciated.

If you need screen shots or anything, just ask.

My email is nic0lejay@hotmail.co.nz, just in case.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

So okay here's the thing Sunday I uploaded my Bouffalant just fine but now I try today no settings have changed and I don't use Skype nor do I have any other programs save Chrome but that was running before too. but now all I get is the "Connection Error. Turn off power" blue screen. And I tried the port forwarding and disabling my firewalls. Nothing worked. Can someone please help :(