ShinyGTS & ShinyDTS support topic

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q: Can we upload the pokemon to the internet to make it so that people can download it without us having to leave our computers on all the time?

A: No, the program uses a DNS spoofer to override the DS's requests for the Nintendo server. Unless you can write this program as a web-server (Such like Willaien did), then you will not be able to turn your PC off and continue to distribute.

when I open shiny gts this is what happens:

1. I open my pokemon save file

2. I select Generation 5 on the top right

3. I put in my IP address (this might be the problem. I don't know whether to use the IP address that shows up on my command prompt, or use the ip that checkmyip.com showed me [someone on another thread said it showed your local IP address])

4. I click start DNS, then 4 things pop up

*** Fake DNS server v0.4 by ShinyJirachi ***

*** Based on M@T's Fake DNS server v0.3 ***

*** Based on LordLandon's sendpokemon.py ***

*** DNS Server Initialized ***

5. After that, nothing pops up, it doesn't tell me a number to put into my ds

I heard people say alot about port 80 or something, which I have no idea what they are talking about, but if I click start GTS it says "GTS Initialization on Port 80 is complete" so I dont think the problem is that.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong and what I can do to fix it.

Do not put your local IP in unless you are only distributing to yourself. Then it doesn't matter. Use the IP address from checkmyip.com.

I have a problem that seems strange to me. I used to have a DSi, and it worked perfectly. I could get Pokemon to my DSi easily and quickly using my local IP and changing the DNS on the DSi to my local IP.

Now that I have a 3DS, the DNS server doesn't even register the 3DS connecting, because it isn't! I've set both of the DNS IPs to my local IP on my 3DS (one for the 3DS connection, and one for the old DS games connection), but it doesn't acknowledge anything! It simply says that it cannot connect to WiFi when I try to connect to the GTS in game. This is very frustrating... my local IP is 10.0.0.202 and that is what everything is set to. I didn't change any settings on my computer for any program that would block the ports that I used when I had my DSi.

Maybe the 3DS just doesn't work with ShinyGTS? :S

Edit: Been using Pokemon Black with Gen V files by the way.

I'm a little worried because not only does the GTS not work on the 3DS, but the action replay DS and DSi don't work either... O_o

Those sound like glitches with the transmission on the DS's honestly; it really is a hit or miss situation with this type of emulation/hacking/tricking/whatever you want to call it, or so I've seen at least with applications.

Those sound like glitches with the transmission on the DS's honestly; it really is a hit or miss situation with this type of emulation/hacking/tricking/whatever you want to call it, or so I've seen at least with applications.

How do you mean? Like in a sense that it could just be bad luck on my 3DS's part?

How do you mean? Like in a sense that it could just be bad luck on my 3DS's part?

The DS's are temperamental in sending and receiving supplies. I've had transmissions be cut off completely, missing several bytes of data (corrupting the base64 encoding), and then it would suddenly work again.

The DS's are temperamental in sending and receiving supplies. I've had transmissions be cut off completely, missing several bytes of data (corrupting the base64 encoding), and then it would suddenly work again.

Well my 3DS doesn't even connect to the DNS server, but I hope it just starts to randomly work like you said your DS did, until I find a solution at least...

• 5 weeks later...

Hello.

Thank you for taking the time to make a support thread on this. I certainly hope I'm posting in the correct place!

I am running into an error when using ShinyDTS. I've spent several hours trying to correct the issue, without success. In short, have disabled all firewalls and turned off anything and everything in my wireless router that could possibly be blocking ports TCP 80 and UDP 53. I've explicitly allowed those ports in various places, as well.

I am using a DS LIte. I can connect to the regular Nintendo GTS service without issue. I then proceed to modify my DS' connection settings to my local PC's IP address, per instructions. The connection ceases to function after this.

The DS returns a 52100 error.

The error message from ShinyDTS is as follows:

Incoming data from 192.168.0.101 ---(router's IP; PC's IP and ShinyDTS' IP is 192.168.0.100)

192.168.0.101 requesting: conntest.nintendowifi.net

A connection attempt failed

because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or

established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed

because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or

established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size,

SocketFlags socketFlags)

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, SocketFlags socketFlags)

at GlobalDistributionServer.DNS.dnsspoof()

This repeats a total of three times before the DS returns the 52100 error and prompts me to try again.

I have searched through the forums but I haven't located this specific problem. I apologize in advance if I've overlooked it; this is my third night in a row of trying various programs without success, and it's wearing me down a bit...

If you could offer any assistance, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hmm. I hadn't considered there might be a timeout issue (even though it's right in the error message...heh).

Are you suggesting there might be an issue with a timeout between the ShinyDTS/GTS program and the DS itself?

Do you have any recommendations for a good timeout setting?

All I want is to get the event Pokémon that my son and I missed because we didn't own the games then, y'know? I wish Nintendo didn't make this so hard!

Thanks again for your help!

Edit: By the way; is there any further configuration information I could provide to help you troubleshoot?

Are there any certain Windows services that need to be enabled for this program to function properly?

Hmm. I hadn't considered there might be a timeout issue (even though it's right in the error message...heh).

Are you suggesting there might be an issue with a timeout between the ShinyDTS/GTS program and the DS itself?

Do you have any recommendations for a good timeout setting?

All I want is to get the event Pokémon that my son and I missed because we didn't own the games then, y'know? I wish Nintendo didn't make this so hard!

Thanks again for your help!

Edit: By the way; is there any further configuration information I could provide to help you troubleshoot?

Are there any certain Windows services that need to be enabled for this program to function properly?

There is always the possibility that the timeout value is to low. I would need to do some further tests on that to figure out if that's the case. I'll crack open the source code this weekend if I get the chance and see what I can do. As for the event Pokemon, I understand completely.

In reply to your edit, there's not much more you can provide. Just tell me what applications you have running at the same time (even explorer counts), who your ISP is, and what router you have. I don't think it's a hardware problem, more like that ShinyGTS is just impatient.

Hello. Sorry for the delay; I haven't had the chance to gather the requested information.

I tried just about every conceivable combination of processes running/not running that I could get away with. At bare minimum, I shut off my firewall and anti-virus software, and had nothing but "the usual suspects" running -- explorer.exe, csrss.exe, services.exe, sidebar.exe, svchost.exe, the other random Windows processes -- just the bare minimum to keep Windows operational.

Now, of course, I disconnected my network from my ISP when I disabled the firewall and whatnot. This might be a stupid question, but: do I need to maintain an internet connection during the trade process? Does the DS need to actually ping conntest.nintendowifi.net before the trade program takes over?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, im new here in ProjectPokemon.

I have a sort of problem/question, I've Do everything allright in ShinyGTS, I have my lapras in the Game Pokemon Black, the problem is:

I've downloaded a lapras from the ShinyGTS to my DS Cart, Everything went allright, but when I've recieved the lapras, in the name of the pokemon and in the Original trainer, there are a lot of ''?????'' there's no name in the OT neither in the Name of Pokemon, wich is Lapras, and in the Pokedex nº is ''???''

Forgive me for my bad english, im from chile and the education is BAD xD. Please I need Help, I think I've do something wrong