Question - RNG Reporter and GBA games

VanFanel

I am wondering, does RNG Reporter 9.81 or any version works for generation 3? if that's the case... how do I use it? I wanna try some shiny or IV RNG on Ruby and Sapphire (there is a japanese tool for Emerald but that's because Emerald has its own RNG exploit I think) maybe Fire Red and Leaf Green too.

Yes it does.

There is currently a bunch of new research not yet implemented, regarding encounter slots and nature checks like method J and method K (legality).

Ruby and Sapphire on an emu have an initial seed 5A0, Emerald is 0, FRLG have a timer0 related one and is not really controllable on GBA (you gotta emu).

Ruby and Sapphire RNG is pretty underground, there's no dedicated Research Topic like Emerald/FRLG has.

I'd wait a few weeks, Reporter has to be updated!

Oh well, then I'll use my retail Emerald in the meantime, I still have to control my timing but I'll practice for now, in any case, is there any tool to convert VBA saves to SPS/XPS and viceversa?

On VBA, do File --> Export --> Gameshark Snapshot.

If you need to convert it to XPS, the only method I know of is to use Ciro's Pokémon Maker to convert it from SPS to XPS (There probably are other ways, though.)

you should be using pokemon reader 2. it opens sps, xps, sav, etc and displays all of your pokes in a neat, orderly fashion, unlike pokebox gba which looks disgusting and enciclopedia pokemon which can't display any boxes aside from the spanish version that can display box 1.

are you on an emulator? if so, the seed is at 3005d80 and the frame counter is at 20249C0. use the memory viewer in 32-bit mode and view them that way. you can tell where you are like that, anyway. the framecount matches the one in reporter.

are you on an emulator? if so, the seed is at 3005d80 and the frame counter is at 20249C0. use the memory viewer in 32-bit mode and view them that way. you can tell where you are like that, anyway. the framecount matches the one in reporter.

Nope, I am RNG'ing on the real thing, GBAsp and Pokemon emerald, so far I am still calibrating my timing on a 30 second spread, once I get it perfected I can try shinies since they only appear for my IDs on a 5 minute to 15 minute range, not very much for Method 2, I hope it improves for breeding and legendaries.

Calibrating whatever you are doing for wild Pokemon isn't reliable at all, because Gen 3 games have a method of PID generation that can cause erratic frame results.

Method H1/H2/H3 is still not programmed into RNG Reporter.

I suggest you backtrack to see what nature frame you actually hit, it's somewhat complex but will allow you to calibrate 100%.

Smogon's RNG Research thread (pages 30+) has the information.

Oh... too bad, looks like I'll have to rely on my AR then, you know, that stuff is really complex for me, my last experiment gave me a constant 50% of hitting the same frame (altough higher than my target), oh well...