New IRC policy

xorhash

Seeing how lately a lot of people have failed to use common sense, it's been decided (Read: I've taken it upon myself to come up with this and didn't even ask for staff confirmation) that these new policies would be introduced:

Do not complain about your bans

I mean it, we ban you for a reason. For serious offenders who just never listen and evade their bans so often that we lose count, we have so-called akicks to keep you out, a kickban on join, automatically. If you were banned, PMing the one who banned you is not a solution and probably just angers the ops more, and won't help you. Just quietly disappear, come back in a week or so, and everything should be alright again, just do not bug us about your ban from the channel.

Being annoying is an offense

Yes, you heard me. Being annoying can get you banned, and what's considered annoying is up to the ops, and not you. I actually don't really want to use this policy too often, but some users just don't get when it's a good moment to shut up.

Do not evade your bans (This is probably somewhere in the forums rules, too, but I think I'll have to stress this one)

You are not allowed to join the channel while you're banned/your akick is still standing. Doing so will probably just make it worse for you. If you've been keeping out for, like, six months, maybe someone will remove your ban if you ask very nicely and indirectly about it (Pro tip: Don't ask me unless you've started to type properly).

If we ban you, we mean your entire family

This means if your brother got you banned, I'm sorry, but you're banned, too. We don't care if it was your cat, your dog, Cthulu, your parents, it's not an excuse and we will not unban you or your family members. You are responsible for all activity that occurs on your IP address (negative activity in particular). This is unfair, but the only technically feasible method.

• 6 months later...