Changelog:

3.0 (8-30-11):

- Rewritten in C#

- new GUI

- faster, stronger, prettier!

- Characteristics fixed

- now one exe :3

- optional naming schemes removed

Disclaimer: None of the 50 switch statements (and their appropriate cases, all 1562 total) were harmed in the making of this program.

About:

Currently the only .pkm renamer for Gen V files. Select one file, or select multiple files.

Please report any bugs here. < 3 feedback!

Instructions:

1. Select the .pkm files to be renamed.

2. Select the options you want.

* 'Flawless' will denote {F} on flawless Pokemon.

* 'Shiny' will denote {S} on shiny Pokemon.

* 'IVs' will denote the IVs of the Pokemon.

* 'EVs' will denote the EVs of the Pokemon.

* 'Show renamed files' is self explanatory.

3. Select the appropriate generation of .pkm file. This is important, as it will affect the OT name and the characteristic.

4. Press execute.

5. Let me know what you think (:

Credits:

* First and foremost, shoutouts go to Bond697 and Griver.

* Without these two, I would be attached to another object by an inclined plane wrapped helically around an axis.

* More thanks go to projectpokemon's wikia for information, and infinite recursion for the information libraries of ir-gts.

Issues and comments, post away.

Being a new build and all, there may be bugs.

pkm renamer 3.0..zip

pkm renamer 3.0..zip

Edited by arcee
v3.0!

I really like it, good job.

One little thing, its just a suggestion:

Wouldnt it be better to put the Trainer ID after the Pokemons Name? So everything in a folder is in alphabetical order, and not sorted by the OT's ID.

Thanks! Others on the GTS suggested this as well, so...

Here's v1.2.

Edited by arcee

• 2 months later...
please add the option for the Region

Why?

see above:

good work ;) but the region info is missing
Thanks; not necessarily missing. I never saw the need for it (nor do I presently) so I didn't implement it.

Give me a couple good reasons why and I'll consider it.

Option to remove the characteristics please?

You need characteristics for event pokemon with the same OT/ID/nature. Same as above; if you want it done, you'll need to convince me.

the region info is very important when you collect events

By region info, do you mean the 'hometown' of the Pokemon?

Not sure what you mean.. region has never mattered when collecting events, as far as I've known. o_O

Region = Country

Pretty sure that's considered the language. Region != language. When you say region, people tend to think of the game the Pokemon originated from.

It surely can't be that difficult to tell events apart by their OT name. Some are pretty obvious, and if you open it with PokeGen, it tells you the language info in the first tab.

I'm sorry, I just don't really see it as something that's really that important. Most event collectors have their stuff organized considerably well anyway, and wouldn't have a need for it.

You need characteristics for event pokemon with the same OT/ID/nature. Same as above; if you want it done, you'll need to convince me.

Say I have many RNGed Pokemons with flawless IVs etc. Then, I don't actually need characteristics. All I need are the IVs and Nature and shininess. I don't think I am a good convincer.:P

Also, you can use the Event Gallery to confirm the details of an event.

[/shamelessplug]

*advocates plugin*

Say I have many RNGed Pokemons with flawless IVs etc. Then, I don't actually need characteristics. All I need are the IVs and Nature and shininess. I don't think I am a good convincer.:P

It isn't going to hurt you to have the characteristics, you know.. it's more work for me to change it around than it is for you to deal with it being there. it isn't that big of a problem, is it? i also have rng'd pokemon, but i don't see it as a huge issue.

Dammit, the HP option was removed in v3.0. Care to return it?

~Yui

Took it out because it's a waste of a lot of time and pretty much.. useless.

(waste of time, as in I'd have to create a library with ALL exp/stat data, and then add the extra party data for any box pokemon so I can return a HP value that pretty much no one cares about. ..it's basically worthless.)

• 1 year later...