Developing another BW trainer editor. What do you think?

Should I release my BW Trainer Editor to the public?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Should I release my BW Trainer Editor to the public?

• Agree. Please share it.
    • Disagree. Just either destroy it or keep it for yourself!

As the title said, I'm developing a BW trainer editor.

Main reason:

• KazoWar's BW trainer editor work great, but the user need to extract the narc, then break the narc into the respective files, which I think not very user friendly for people who's new to this.

Main feature of what I'm going to do:

• Will do all the narc-extracting and narc-decompilation on its own; user just need to load ROM, do what they want with the trainers, and save back into the ROM.

Advantage of KazoWar's tool:

• More light-weight, and you can also say safer way.

Screen shot of how the tool looks like:

84m.png

Credits:

geoalpha - For the trainer list

Andibad - For information on the alternate forms

Kaphotics - For various information

(Did I missed anyone? If so please do tell me and I'll add him/her)

Bugs:

See post #15.

Zero's BW Trainer Editor v1.0.3

Edited by neltazero

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i understand with you reason, yeah i just confused to teach in some place :/ i was tell it 3x but is still not understand, yeah some people is like instant and fast but not care with manual editing, is make me tired to explain, i was solved myself for not breaking ROM, is same as moveset. maybe you tools is usefull, also ask to kazo for permission (is important) because he was have plan to added feature on he tools... but from now is not update :/.

netalzero : i very thank you for you tools, is very useful for me :) but you tools can change alternative form? easy to edit gender/nature/EV/IV/Ability/Ai trainer? yeah thank you :)

Yup, my tool allows the user to change the forms of the Pokemon (only for those that has multiple form), gender, ability, and also I had make the difficulties(EV/IV/whatever that determine the strength of the pokemon) into rank/scale of 1 to 8, since I notice all the trainers have only 8 different types of difficulties). Currently I'll let the poll to run for 14 days (2 weeks). If the poll result is in favor of "Agree", then I'll try to contact KazoWar (if he did not make any response to this thread) to get his permission (since this tool is technically do what his tool is doing).

But after i see you screenshot, pokemon not have difficult, but is on trainer data~

difficult is on trainer data and not on pokemon trainer data, is have 4 slot, single, double, triple and rotate

if you see on bit you will get :

00 is very easy, opponent will give you chance if you get red HP bar, it will not attack you. (on single battle)

00 is ... , opponent will attack on team, if is on double battle (always)... , but i not test on triple or rotate ...

01 is easy, opponent not really attack you, but is not give you a chance if you pokemon on red HP bar.

10 is normal, yeah is more advanced than easy but is still give you chance to change or brute attack to you.

11 is hard, really is hard to battle but still and is can change, used item 2 times and ect

00 00 00 00

maybe like this ? :

6 = 2 + 4 ... 10 + 01 00 so = 01 10

AI trainer

difficult on 1st pokemon

difficult in 2nd pokemon

difficult in 3rd

so is make difficult must 00 11 11 11 it will hard in any position if you used double/triple, but i just not understand, for trainer AI is on 1 and 2 bit , is for trainer and pokemon too ...

is not tested xD yay i just compare in some byte :/

i think is variable but is not really test all, because if you change to double battle but difficult is not change, you opponent is like a stupid, it will attack pokemon on team not on you ... LOL

but i think byte after alternative form is for nature? since is always 00 so is random nature ...

I've always felt something was incomplete without the form and the Unknown value which identifies Ability 1 from 2 as well as the Dream World was not suited to everybody's comfort. By any chance my opinion was given weight, thanks! Not really that I crave for the tool to have an upgrade but it would be very nice to have it open for the public.

I've always felt something was incomplete without the form and the Unknown value which identifies Ability 1 from 2 as well as the Dream World was not suited to everybody's comfort. By any chance my opinion was given weight, thanks! Not really that I crave for the tool to have an upgrade but it would be very nice to have it open for the public.

Sure, any opinion is important for me, in order to improve the tool as well as for the purpose of this thread.

difficult is on trainer data and not on pokemon trainer data, is have 4 slot, single, double, triple and rotate

Oh, never know that. Might need to do some research on it.

Also, for anyone who post a comment/reply here, please take some time to cast your vote on the poll above. For those who had voted, please give some feedback in the form of reply to this thread if you have not do so. Voting without justification is kinda pointless, as I need to know the reason you agree/disagree.

but i not sure, i think rotate and triple battle is same bit,... i was see 6 is single battlle :

00 00 00 00

maybe like this ? :

6 = 2 + 4 ... 10 + 01 00 so = 01 10

AI trainer --> used item/switched pokemon

difficult on 1st pokemon --> attack ...

difficult in 2nd pokemon

difficult in 3rd pokemon

yeah like this ^...

but i can't choose since BWTE is useful for me but is need calculate for gender/ai trainer/ect

As you said in the first placed this will aid people who dislikes the whole narc process or don´t fully understand it, it will also sometimes be better to save up sometime, so i say hell yeah ! as i voted that i agree with it. Programmers are meant to make users life easier, aswell as their own ! LOL.

Edited by wyndamn

netalzero : i very thank you for you tools, is very useful for me :) but you tools can change alternative form? easy to edit gender/nature/EV/IV/Ability/Ai trainer? yeah thank you :)

It is even possible to change the Nature or EVs of a non-Subway trainer? Even with hex editing? Because I thought changing a Pokemon's "difficulty" in BWTE only changed how high their IVs were.

Anyways, this is really nice for the easy gender and alternate form selection. And your UIs are always very clean and easy to use.

Until the modifier of the Pokemon's difficulties is clear and well understood, I will go with what I already have right now. Currently I'm doing some cleaning on the tool.

Just FYI, you don't need permission from kazo to do this. You're not ripping off his code, you're making a similar/competing product. People really need to drop that mentality; you don't owe kazo anything.

Oh, I though it's a good practice to at least get his opinion since he's the one who create the trainer editor first. Ok then, maybe I'll only consider the votes for the first 7 days to make my decision.

So with that, if the vote is in favor of "Agree" after the 7th day from the date I post this thread, then I'll release the tool.

Looks like I won't release the tool, at least until I fix this bug.

Details:

As I mentioned, I use my tool to edit the trainers (from Route 1 till Elite 4) and try to play through it. However, when I reached the 6th badge, there's one trainer in Route 7 (Pkmn Ranger) with missing dialog (the dialog box still pop up, but give me blank text). Although this is not some major bug, it prove that my technique to try to extract everything and recompile everything is flawed and some major bug might pop up.

Edit: Apparently it's not the way I compile the ROM that caused the problem, as I tried to use NitroExplorer to put the modified narc into the ROM and it still caused the same bug. Maybe this bug occur only when the number of Pokemon in a/0/9/3 exceed certain number?

Edit 2: I tried to edit 2-3 trainers with my tools but the dialog bug does not occur. My current hypothesis is that the number of pokemons in a/0/9/3 is the one that cause the bug. Maybe when the size of the narc increase it overwrite something in the ROM? Can anyone that had edited their ROM via KazoWar's tool (preferably those who already edited most of the trainers from Route 1 to Route 10) share their a/0/9/2 and a/0/9/3 narc with me? I need them to verify my hypothesis (and it'll be a hell of job if I were to edit that many trainers from scratch myself).

Edited by neltazero

@netalzero : i think is just on narc header, yeah since is same as moveset, i think is on header. I used kazotools, but about that problem, i not get that error, is fine for me...... yeah battle is started fine, with 3 pokemon expanded (original is just using 1 pokemon). a/0/9/3 is have not static size, 8 - 108 Byte i think, pokemon 1 - 6, is have many size, without item or with item, or custom move or not... maybe is problem, i think that problem cause is on header, i mean narc header. this need class to control for reading narc (added/remove/read/write/replaced/ect), so is help you out to added new byte on narc...

i was saw a source code some tools for handle narc format, but is C#

I'll release the tool hopefully within the next 48 hours. Except for the blank dialog on a single trainer up to Route 7, I did not encounter any other bugs/damages, so I think I will upload it so that more people can tried it out.