- Rain Dance

- Thunder

- Stealth Rock

- U-turn

---

Weaknesses: Ground, Fire

Resists: Normal, Flying, Rock, Steel, Grass, Psychic, Ice, Dragon

Immune: Poison

Jirachi is the lead rain dancer, and mid-rain dancer. Stealth rock is to provide additonal dmg against switch ins, and allows Dugtrio to OHKO Tyranitar. U-Turn is to switch out after doing his job, allowing him to return mid-game to restart Rain Dance in case of a long game. Thunder provides a powerful attack in Rain, with a 60% chance to paralyze.

[sprite]051[/sprite]

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Band

Ability: Arena Trap

EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spd

Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Earthquake

- Rock Slide

- Night Slash

- Sucker Punch

---

Weaknesses: Grass, Water, Ice

Resistances: Poison, Rock

Immune: Electric

Dugtrio traps and kills Tyranitar and Blisseys. With a choice band and high attack, Dugtrio can OHKO Tyranitars who have been damaged by stealth rock, and 2HKO Blisseys. He can also trap and kill certain electric types such as Electivire. The Jolly nature is to allow him to get first attack on a single DD Tyranitar. Sucker Punch allows a strong priority attack, Night Slash can be used against a switch in who's resistant to ground/rock, and Rock Slide provides a strong attack against fliers.

[sprite]419[/sprite]

Floatzel (M) @ Life Orb/Left Overs

Ability: Swift Swim

EVs: 226 HP/252 Atk/8 Def/24 Spd

Lonely nature (+Atk, -Def)

- Bulk Up

- Waterfall

- Ice Punch

- Return

---

Weaknesses: Grass, Electric

Resistances: Steel, Fire, Water, Ice

Floatzel is a powerful physical sweeper. 24 speed will allow it to outrun all threats in the rain, and Bulk Up is used to enhance it's already powerful attack. STAB Waterfalls provide a powerful attack, Ice Punch takes care of fliers or dragons, and Return gives a strong normal attack for near perfect coverage. Life Orb is used to boost his already powerful attack, although I may use Leftovers instead.

[shinysprite]272[/shinysprite]

Ludicolo (M) @ Life Orb

Ability: Swift Swim

EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk

Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Surf

- Grass Knot

- Ice Beam

- Hidden Power [bug]

Weaknesses: Flying, Poison, Bug

Resistances: Ground, Steel, Water

Ludicolo was chosen as my special sweeper for it's potent attack and unique typing. Flying, poison and bug moves aren't usual in the OU tier. Surf was chosen over Hydro Pump because I value accuracy over power. Grass Knot was chosen over Energy Ball because it generally deals more damage, and can 2HKO Gyarados. I have to watch out though, because without Energy Ball, Vaporeon can stall out Grass Knot. Ice Beam gives a strong attack against fliers and dragons, and Hidden Power Bug was chosen because it has a high chance to OHKO a Celebi who was struck with stealth rock.

[sprite]260[/sprite]

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Torrent

EVs: 240 HP/216 Def/52 SAtk

Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)

- Earthquake

- Ice Beam

- Surf

- Rain Dance

Weaknesses: Grass (x4!)

Resistances: Poison, Rock, Steel, Fire

Immune: Electric

Provided Jirachi opens against a Pokemon who counters it, his goal is to set up stealth rocks, then U-turn out to Swampert. Swampert has good resistances, and only one weakness. His immunity to electric attacks also provide a good switch-in against electric types that Dugtrio might not be able to handle. (Zapdos is one). Other then that, Mixpert is a good attacker, with powerful earthquakes, ice beams, and STAB rain-danced surfs.

[sprite]212[/sprite]

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb

Ability: Technician

EVs: 176 HP/100 Atk/56 Spd/176 SDef

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Pursuit

- U-turn

- Roost

- Bullet Punch

---

Weaknesses: Fire (x4!)

Resistances: Normal, Bug, Ghost, Steel, Grass, Psychic, Ice, Dragon, Dark

Immune: Poison

Scizor. He's a strong attacker, and in a rain dance team, fire attacks are lessened against him. It doesn't completely negate his weaknesses, but it does provide some leeway. A slow U-turn allows a good switch-in, pursuit can also handle celebi and latias, and Bullet Punch is the strong attack we all know and love. Roost allows him to heal.

I used this set for a surprise value, as most people expect a swords dance Scizor, but I may switch him to standard since I'm not sure how well this will work.

Edited by Aqueel

Even with this set up you still got swept by my Bellyzard X_X

I'd consider Sucker Punch on Dugtrio just in case something like that happens. But Pursuit is good I guess :-/

But overall, it looks like a good team... but I'll say what Destati always says: "YOU HAVE A ZAPDOS WEAKNESS!" Defensive Zapdos can destroy your team if you don't play right, so I'd be careful if I were you. (Rain Dance does alleviate Heat Wave though and Ludicolo can wall the standard defensive type I believe). I never knew about this, but could Ludicolo Leech Seed? If not, then I guess I'm not sure what to do with Ludicolo. I'd give him a defensive set... Ludicolo benefits with Swift Swim, but I don't know... I like the defensive set better.

Also, I realized this about rain teams, but they are weak to Toxic Spikes. You have two Pokemon that are immune to it, but it might be wise to carry a spinner with you once in a while.

Yeah, Sucker Punch on Dugtrio will work. I would like a Life Orb for the ability to switch attacks if something EQ resistant moves in, but Choice Band is needed for his main job.

Swampert can block HP Ice Zapdos, and HP Grass Zapdos can be countered with Ludicolo.

Ludicolo CAN use leech seed, so there's a possible usage there. But really, Rain Dance doesn't provide any stalling benefits (doesn't deal damage), so I don't see the point of running him defensive. I chose him because I wanted a special sweeper who wasn't weak to the same things as my physical sweeper.

And yeah, I realized my team had a toxic spikes weaknesses, but somewhere along the line I forgot to account for it. I'll take a look around and see what I can do about that.

-Edit-

Well, no one on my team can rapid spin. The only solution I see would be to remove Scizor and replace him with something that can.

Really, the best two for that would be Tentacruel, who can absorb spikes, set up his own, and use knock off, or Starmie, who can cure upon switch out, recover, and provide good sweeping skills.

And I can't believe you ruined Destati's chance to come in and yell that. Really now, shame on you!

• 4 weeks later...

First off, by taking a glance at your team I have noticed that only one pokemon really benefits from it, Ludicolo.

You made a semi rain dance team. Mine is a semi team too, but if you decide to do so you have to change it to make it a competitive team.

There are different ways to use a semi rd team, the easiest is to use an Azelf lead with Psychic, Sr, Explosion, Rain Dance, item- Damp rock.

check your opposing lead, use Rain dance if it is Infernape or heatran to weaken their fire attacks then use sr and explode in the last turn.

If your are facing metagross use RD and Sr if it didnt kill you yet...

against swampert use sr first since it cant hurt you and then rain dance.

After having setting up the rain and preferably exploded on your opponent

switch in a good rain dance sweeper, I like the ludicolo+dugtrio combo, just make sure you have a second rain dancer on your hands since traping blissey will waste a lot of turns..

Scizor is a vailable pokemon too, I prefer cb though, but it is your choice.

As a second rain dancer(over floatzel which is a pathetic mon) I suggest Latias. Yes Latias, latias can handle zapdos to a ceratin extent and will hurt stupid ttars with a rain boosted surf. Use this set Rain dance surf dragon pulse recover,item-life orb.

you are incredibly weak to any forms of gyarados atm giving it a boost by setting up rain doesnt help your problem..

I suggest you put anything over swampert which you dont need anylonger since latias will do his job.

The only pokemon that comes to my mind is Weazing.

It may sound a bit weird since few top battlers use it but it is the only mon that can check Lucario and gyarados which run through your team respectively.

Maybe you guys will find a better one..

@wraith: he isnt ts weak at all, since forretress cant switch in any of his mons without being severly hurt, and tentacrule can be trapped and killed by dugtrio.

Good luck