Post your insane gimmick team here

you make a good point. I guess I could change it...yes I will but I'm still adding the other moves on the side. plus this is a gimmick team I'm not actually expecting to win with this. Maybe a couple of pokes but win? I dont think my balloons could win they should stick to the party not the battles. I'm going to go edit the post now.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that...I battled him and the moment I started winning he played suicide and just exploded when it didn't effect the pokemon I had out there, drifblim. Look at it this way wraith89 at least I put together a team that might take down a poke or two. Usually I lose horribly. Plus, I somewhat think I should've started with wigglytuff because she can know the move stealth rock.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to suggest the following addition to any team who wants it:

[sprite]492[/sprite]/[sprite]492-1[/sprite]

Shaymin/Skymin [Level 10, so it possibly goes unnoticed under all the 100s] @ Focus Sash

Timid

EVs: 252 Speed

• Endeavor
  • Quick Attack

This one is mainly built around surprise. Skymin is not recommended for being in Uber tier, but people generally don't expect Shaymin to show up due to its AFAIK previous Uber status.

• 2 weeks later...

I call this team: "This is why we have clauses"

Play with this team with no clauses on.

376.png

Metagross@Choice Band

6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd

Clear Body

Adamant Nature

- Explosion

- Meteor Mash

- Fury Cutter

- Mud Slap

Boom. Right off the bat. Don't even stop to think about it. They won't be expecting it.

Well, actually, I lied. Use Meteor Mash if you're facing a Ghost lead or a lead with Damp.

The opponent should have lost one Pokemon by now.

144.png

Articuno@Leftovers

252 HP/6 SpA/252 Spd

Pressure

Timid Nature

- Substitute

- Ice Beam

- Mind Reader

- Sheer Cold

Substitute if you feel threatened, and then Mind Reader + Sheer Cold to take down as many enemies as you can. You don't have to be a king to get them all to hit. Also take care and be on the lookout for enemies with Sturdy. Ice Beam is there for those opponents that wise up to your game and switch every time you use Mind Reader.

The opponent should have lost two to four Pokemon by now. If they lose any more than that, then you obviously won this.

235.png

Smeargle@Focus Sash/Leftovers

252 HP/6 SpA/252 Spd

Own Tempo

Timid Nature

- Spore

- Spider Web

- Mind Reader

- Sheer Cold

Smeargle uses the same tactic as Articuno; Mind Reader and then Sheer Cold. Take advantage of your access to Spore and Spider Web.

The opponent should have lost three to five Pokemon by now, hopefully with at least one sleeping Pokemon.

235.png

Smeargle@Focus Sash

252 HP/6 SpA/252 Spd (EVs don't really matter)

Technician

Jolly Nature

- Trick Room

- Endeavor

- Extremespeed

- Spore

Be sure to set this Smeargle to level 1. Its job is to set up Trick Room for Shuckle and also to take down the opponent. Set up Trick Room straightaway. Then you have two options: switch to Shuckle, or wait a while and use Spore, Endeavor, Extremespeed. You could also try using Spore continuously to ensure that the opponent's Pokemon are all in dreamland, reusing Trick Room when necessary.

The opponent should have lost three to five Pokemon by now, hopefully with at least two sleeping Pokemon.

213.png

Shuckle@Life Orb

IVs: 31 all but 0 Spd

252 HP/252 Def/6 Atk

Sturdy

Naughty Nature

- Power Trick

- Gyro Ball

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge

This Shuckle is nearly the same as the one HottSushiz posted up earlier. Power Trick against a sleeping opponent (they are all asleep, right?) and let the sweeping begin.

The opponent should have lost by now.

344.png

Claydol@Leftovers

252 HP/6 Def/252 Spd

Levitate

Careful Nature

- Rain Dance/Sunny Day

- Rapid Spin

- Stealth Rock

- Psychic

Claydol here is your "insurance" and you can send him in at any time necessary. It can Rapid Spin away Stealth Rock and Spikes, set up Rocks, and also it can change the weather to protect your team's Focus Sashes.

This team could possibly work, so I appreciate feedback and corrections. [noparse]:D[/noparse]

Well, for one, your team hates one of it's own gimmicks: sleep. A Yanmega, with a little luck, will likely run right through you with Hypnosis. And while Mind Reader -> Sheer Cold is cool, it's a two turn set up... in which something like Deoxys or a similarly fast sweeper will destroy you. I probably haven't scratched the surface, but there you go. It looks like an interesting team to try nonetheless.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, for one, your team hates one of it's own gimmicks: sleep. A Yanmega, with a little luck, will likely run right through you with Hypnosis. And while Mind Reader -> Sheer Cold is cool, it's a two turn set up... in which something like Deoxys or a similarly fast sweeper will destroy you. I probably haven't scratched the surface, but there you go. It looks like an interesting team to try nonetheless.

I tried this team out a while back on Shoddy, and the Mind Reader + Sheer Cold combination didn't work. Is it always like that?

• 4 weeks later...

Well, not wanting to give away my innermost secrets, here's the team I've been developing lately:

-Metagross (Lead)

-Gliscor (To take the hits the Bibarels can't)

-Bibarel (Annoyer)

-Bibarel (SubPuncher)

-Bibarel (Wall)

-Bibarel (Sweeper (xD))

I tried this team out a while back on Shoddy, and the Mind Reader + Sheer Cold combination didn't work. Is it always like that?

It's probably the OHKO Clause. When turned on, it disables OHKO moves like Guillotine, Fissure and Sheer Cold.

• 7 months later...

My team

Omastar

Watch out the snail will own you

138.png

moves

constrict

withdraw

mud shot

water gun

comment: You think your deoxys can beat this snail, this snail is better than you alien pokemon will ever be

Ninetales

Hah your pokemon only has one tail

038.png

moves

ember

nasty plot

roar

comment: not 1. not 2. not 3. not 4. not 5. not 6. not 7. not 8! but 9.

sunkern

My seed has eyes; does any of your seeds have eyes? Thats what i thought.

191.png

moves

absorb

growth

ingrain

leach seed

comments: whats better than a seed with eyes, it grows into a sunflower with legs

ledyba

weird ladybugs look like guys close up

165.png

moves

tackle

supersonic

comet punch

lightscreen

comment: The bug is a beast you can't deny that

shelder

the reason its tounge is sticking out is because its trying to piss you off

090.png

moves

clamp

ice shard

leer

tackle

Semi-serious, but still a gimmick since my receiver isn't a standard sweeper...

So let me present: Baton Pass to Pikachu!!!

[sprite]291[/sprite]

Ninjask (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Speed Boost

EVs: 248 HP/8 Atk/184 Def/68 Spd

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Protect

- Substitute

- Baton Pass

- Harden

---

Ninjask is my lead, and it's main purpose is to baton pass speed boosts. Alternate sub and protect until maxed, and then baton pass to another Pokemon.

[sprite]235[/sprite]

Smeargle (M) @ Shed Shell

Ability: Own Tempo

EVs: 96 HP/120 Def/252 Spd/40 SDef

Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Spore

- Ingrain

- Substitute

- Baton Pass

---

Smeargle is used for the ever-important Ingrain, which blocks whirlwind and roar, and also heals everyturn, therefore nullifying any sand or hail effects. After the speed boost, Spore ensures a sleeping enemy, and Smeargle can then set up and pass.

[sprite]212[/sprite]

Scizor (M) @ Occa Berry

Ability: Technician

EVs: 248 HP/88 Atk/172 Spd

- Swords Dance

- Iron Defense

- Baton Pass

- Bullet Punch

---

Scizor is a counter to many OU threats, and can also boost defense to pass on. His role is simple - baton pass him against something he can counter, set up, and then sweep what he can before baton passing.

[sprite]251[/sprite]

Celebi @ Leftovers

Ability: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 HP/80 Def/176 Spd

Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Calm Mind

- Grass Knot

- Psychic

- Baton Pass

---

Celebi is bulky, and provides Calm Mind to my team. Psychic and Grass Knot provide coverage against additional threats to my team.

[sprite]134[/sprite]

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Water Absorb

EVs: 192 HP/252 Def/60 Spd

Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Baton Pass

- Wish

- Substitute

- Ice Beam

---

Vaporeon can set up extremely bulky substitutes, and Ice Beam can take down many dragon or flying types that try to switch in. (Die Gliscor, die!) Wish provides healing to my team.

[sprite]025[/sprite]

Pikachu (M) @ Light Ball

Ability: Static

EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk

Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Thunderbolt

- Hidden Power [ice]

- Grass Knot

- Surf

---

And finally, my receiver. Pikachu's role is to wait in the back until all boosts have been amassed. Then I baton-pass to Pikachu (preferably behind a sub) and then proceed to sweep the opposing team. Beware the yellow electric rat!

Meh, this is my gimmick team. It's fairly old, but I decided to post it after seeing another BP based team. Interestingly enough, I've actually won a match against a real team before with thee guys.

Works best if you have Evasion, Sleep, and Species clauses off. If you can, add Level Balance(This one is AMAZING, though not necessary)

[sPRITE]235[/sPRITE]

A (Smeargle) (M) @ Focus Sash

EVs: 252 HP/252 Spd

- Spore

- Explosion

- Teeter Dance

- Knock Off/Filler

---

This guy can spore stuff to sleep, or explode if it has to, though it doesn't do too much damage with Smeargle's pitiful attack stats. His main job, though, is to begin crippling their pokes. Interesting ideas for the filler: Endeavor, Beat up (Name your pokes after other pokes), trick, leech seed

[sPRITE]235[/sPRITE]

A (Smeargle) (M) @ Choice Scarf

- Spore

- Explosion

- Teeter Dance

- Trick

---

This guy is another crippler. He can revenge spore, or trick off his scarf to cripple something. After tricking, he basically performs the same job as our lead, but with one twist: He can trick around the opponents items. Screws them up when you give their Skarmory their Porygon-Z's Specs.

[sPRITE]235[/sPRITE]

B (Smeargle) (M) @ Focus Sash/Brightpowder

- Spore

- Agility

- Baton Pass

- Double Team

---

The first passer. His job is too get speed and evasion up. I boost agility until I'm reasonably sure I can outspeed them first, then double team, then finish agility. If you're fast, you can respore them before they can finish you off.

Note that he can be replaced with a ninjask, if you want. Pass the boosts to:

[sPRITE]235[/sPRITE]

C (Smeargle) (M) @ Focus Sash

- Amnesia

- Baton Pass

- Iron Defense

- Spore

---

The defense sporer:

This guy boosts whatever defense that he needs based on the offensive threat, sporing if need be. After boosting the primary defense, then boost secondary and pass it off.

[sPRITE]235[/sPRITE]

D (Smeargle) (M) @ Focus Sash/Brightpowder

- Belly Drum

- Baton Pass

- Spore

- Substitute

---

The secret behind the game: D. D subs first, then Belly Drums and passes the boosts and sub to the Devourer of Souls:

[sPRITE]242[/sPRITE]

Blissey (F) @ Choice Band

Ability: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 Atk/8 spd 248 def

- Earthquake

- Return

- Fire Punch

- Brick Break

---

EV's allow Blissey to outrun Max speed Kingdra in the rain.

+6 blissey OHKO's many standard OUs with return, but watch for Ghosts who are immune and Skarmory, your biggest bane. You can take anything Heatran is gonna throw at you, and you can always 3HKO, sometimes 2HKO, metagross sets except for tank.

Earthquake is dangerours to get stuck on, but is nice if you know their team has no immune pokes. It also kills the steels you may have trouble with. Return is your standard killer. Fire punch is there for more steel killing, and brick break for coverage or breaking reflect

Bobtheedibleone, I suggest that you use Substitute, Focus Punch, Double Edge and Fire Punch Blissey. Substitute allows you to be immune to status moves, two Seismic Tosses from Blissy, and also not have it be broken by the likes of Vaporeon, Latias, Jolteon, Rotom-A, Suicune... lol the list of Speical Attackers go on. I also suggest that you use Ingrain on the first Smearlge over Knock Off and Ingrain on the third Smeargle over Double Team.

This is a completely serious team... I have won so many battles with this in Uber. Hm... Ice pokemon are almost never used in any tiers aside form NU, so finding one in Ubers is extremely rare. The Cleffs Magic Guard ability allow them to not get harmed by any non direct damage (Stealth Rock, Hail, Life Orb etc) which means that their Focus Sash will not be broken. Endeavor makes the posing poke have the same HP as Cleffa, Clefairy, and Clefable (in this case 12, 12 and 12) who get KO'd after Hail ;). Hm.. I added Stealth Rock so that things like Kyogre cannot change the weather, survive Endeavor and switch back out. Also Bullet Punch Scizor is here to not only take out some dragons, but it also has Bullet Punch priority. I added Wobbuffet to beat Groundon and some Kyogre. Thunderwave helps to abuse the Leech Seed and Substitute Abomasnow, and it also allows me to paralize Giritina-O, who is immune to Endeavor due to its Ghost typing, and slowly shut it down.

[sPRITE]460[/sPRITE]

Abomasnow (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Snow Warning

EVs: 252 HP/4 Spd/252 SDef

- Blizzard

- Leech Seed

- Substitute

- Protect

---

[sPRITE]173[/sPRITE]

Cleffa (M) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Magic Guard

EVs: 4 Spd

- Endeavor

- Encore

- Protect

- Thunder Wave

---

[sPRITE]212[/sPRITE]

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band

Ability: Technician

EVs: 76 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd/176 SDef

- Bullet Punch

- U-turn

- Superpower

- Pursuit

---

[sPRITE]035[/sPRITE]

Clefairy (M) @ Focus Sash

EVs: 4 Spd/176 SDef

- Stealth Rock

- Endeavor

- Healing Wish

- Protect

---

[sPRITE]036[/sPRITE]

Clefable (M) @ Focus Sash

EVs:

Lonely nature (+Atk, -Def)

- Encore

- Endeavor

- Stealth Rock

- Protect

---

[sPRITE]202[/sPRITE]

Wobbuffet (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Shadow Tag

EVs: 28 HP/228 Def/252 SDef

- Counter

- Tickle

- Mirror Coat

- Encore

---

• 2 weeks later...

This is just a fake team. Smeargles or however you spell em, Mind Reader, Sheer Cold, Iron Defense, Calm Mind. Every Smeragle would have that. EVs probably like Speed 252 and maybe half and half between defense and Special De.

• 4 weeks later...

201.png

UNOWN @ Iron Ball (x6)

252 HP / 252 Spe

Levitate @ Bashful

Normal-type.pngHidden Power

The letters HAVE to be in this order-"Y-U-K-K-E-D"

This shall guarantee a win. They are holding iron ball because unknown to humans, unknowns are afraid of heights, despite their ability to levitate. Keeping them on the ground keeps them happy. Happy Unowns guarantees a win. Unowns are bashful so make that their nature. A stat enhanced means a stat reduced, and Unowns don't like that. An unhappy Unown guarantees a loss. Supporting Unown is ESSENTIAL, which is why there are six of them. There is no need to use any move but Hidden Power,(not even Secret Power) for its power is secret, hidden, locked away. You may be surprised by what your Unown can do(but most of the time you won't be).

-My personal opinion

The first time I saw Unown, I had accidentally wandered into a cavern on my way home from getting the mail. They were hovering in a line above the floor, staring at me with malicious cyclops-eyes. Upon further inspection, I discovered their general shape to be English letters. They spelled:

THE MOTHER OF CHAOS’ MOTHER PREFORMING TAXIDERMY WITH THREE MANS. OH NO.

I fled from the cave, eyes bleeding from unsolicited dirty images. I was so blinded by terror I tripped over a rock, fell, scraped my arms. And when I hauled myself up, there they were. Standing seductively in front of three men was the mother of chaos’s mother: with a giant, cotton-filled, plushie Chihuahua in her claws.

-Countering such a great team

Anything that is a pokemon beats the mighty Unown. Digimon are also good candidates.

Edited by tornadod

• 5 weeks later...

X Factor Team

Heres my X Factor Team(UK equivilant of American Idol)

Emily Nakanda

Pokemon: illumise

Level: 50

Ability: pure power

Nickname: EMILYNKNDA

Pokemon Gender (If specific): female

Attacks:

beat up

triple kick

astonish

sing

Pokéball Captured In: any

Battle Stats: HP 192, Attack 154, Defence 143, SpAttack 132, SpDefence 143, Speed, 210

Jedward

Pokemon: manectric

Ability: plus

Nickname: JOHN

Pokemon Gender (If specific): male

Attacks:

helping hand

sing

ice fang

Pokéball Captured In: premier

Battle Stats: HP 178, Attack 156, Defence 148, SpAttack 158, SpDefence 144, Speed, 172

Pokemon: manectric

Ability: minus

Nickname: EDWARD

Attacks:

helping hand

sing

fire fang

Pokéball Captured In: cherish

Battle Stats: HP 177, Attack 155, Defence 147, SpAttack 132, SpDefence 157, Speed, 177

Karen

Pokemon: persian

Ability: oblivious

Nickname: KAREN

Attacks:

screech

perish song

sonicboom

sing

Pokéball Captured In: safari

Battle Stats: HP 172, Attack 145, Defence 123, SpAttack 72, SpDefence 105, Speed, 183

Carmen

Pokemon: luxray

Ability: oblivious

Nickname: CARMEN

Attacks:

roar of time

howl

metal sound

sing

Pokéball Captured In: safari

Battle Stats: HP 177, Attack 155, Defence 147, SpAttack 132, SpDefence 157, Speed, 177

Debbie Stevens

Pokemon: gardevoir

Ability: anger point/oblivious

Nickname: DEBBIESTVNS

Shiny: yes

Attacks:

hydro pump

hydro cannon

revenge

sing

Pokéball Captured In: great/dive

Battle Stats: HP 175, Attack 128, Defence 194, SpAttack 132, SpDefence 77, Speed, 93

Shek

Pokemon: houndoom

Ability: cute charm/oblivious

Nickname: SHEK

Shiny: no

Attacks:

swagger

charm

attract

sing

Pokéball Captured In: luxury

Battle Stats: HP 182, Attack 142, Defence 115, SpAttack 178, SpDefence 1457, Speed, 161

obviously most teams, dont have 7 pokemon though, I sometimes swap Debbie with Shek

Edited by Vuvuzela2010

• 9 months later...