How can you tell what 'class' a pokemon's in? class 1 or 2?

Poke-Glitch

Please help! does it ultimately affect the legitamy of the pokemon? can I make REAL shinys that nintendo will accept into say...the video game world championships?

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Hey guys! check out my web site too! It's featured above...its good and also features the pokesav, but...I have a BIG question...Fenzo if you are reading this, can I please have permission for a direct download on my site for the pokesav package? All credit will go to you and I'll add a link to this site.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/pid_iv_creation

Read that Article... there's a WHOLE section on that in the middle. :P

Also, an easy way to tell SOME Pokes is if they got a new ability in D/P that wasn't in RSE. For example, Class 1 Machop would be Guts because that's all he had in RSE. Class 2 would be his newly added ability No Guard.

A Pokemon's Class refers to it's Ability.

Let's say you have an Alakazam,

Alakazam how two abilities, Synchronize and Inner Focus.

Synchronize would be Class One, and Inner Focus is Class Two.

Yes it does, because if you have an Alakazam with Class Two and Synchronize, it doesn't add up. Ultimately if you want to make sure everything is legal, see if you can submit it to the GTS, or post them in online Battle Videos. That's how I do it, at least. :]

Hope this helps you out, Glitch!

(Darn it Wraith, you beat me to it!)

(Darn it Wraith, you beat me to it!)

>:-D

Also beware that a Class 1 Guts Rattata (if you hacked it in wrong) will evolve into a Run Away Raticate because Class 1 Rattata MUST have Run Away (and so does its evolution). Then you know you did something wrong :-/

As for Pokes without 2 abilities... it really doesn't matter.

I really hope Ray knows what he's doing when he Pokesavs in Pokemon with two abilities...

Class is just what ability it will have. Even if you set the ability for an egg, what ever the egg PID is, will determine the ability. This only applies with eggs(the easiest way to make a legal non legend pokemon.