Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time

codemonkey85

I would love to play this game with others, but unfortunately i don't have any Wi-Fi that's compatible with my DS, although what's with the story, about it can use the ability to connect to the Wii, do you use it as a controller, or do you play along side?

well if i ever get done or tired of playing platinum i may play this. i dont know if it will hold my attention tho. the last one i played for all of maybe 5 mins, probably not even that. and i didnt much play on the gamecube either.

I agree on some sort of weekly get together for gladiator/smash-o-rama/waterpolo tourneys or something, this game is really fun and i already played with you once before codemonkey, we just need more pplz.

Also, we should take note where people live so that we can play with the best connection possible.

now see, something like what mr fuji said may actually get me interested to play this. that COULD be fun. i used to have allnighter on the DC with pso doing the same sorta thing. speakin of pso, cant wait for ps0 to get a stateside release, i didnt much like trying to play the japanese one.

I've played it for a bit, but had no idea what I was doing.

I need people to play with too, since the AI is so amazingly stupid, my eyes bled with tears and remorse.

In any case, I don't understand the jewels or little gems at the bottom-screen. Can everyone cast magic? I downloaded the game, so I didn't have an instruction manual.

Everyone can (and often needs to) cast magic, but some characters are better suited for it than others. Generally Yukes are the race to pick for mage characters.

The best part, however, is the ability to combine spells. If, for example, two people cast Fire on the same spot (or enemy target), it will produce a Fira spell. Three Fires yields Firaga, four yields Firaja (at which point the range and power are rather large).

There's a pretty good FAQ a-brewin' at this site.

I will not be able to until about 10 PM EST

Neither can I! hyuk hyuk hyuk. Well, more like 10:15 or something but same difference.

I don't know my FC. I don't even think I set it up. I also think I should set up my private router again, even though technically I'm not supposed to. Screw you college dorm!

@codemonkey

I'm a FF completionist (as much as is physically possible) so I have to have a complete set, no matter how horrible they may ultimately be. I'm only missing FF4 (pre-ordered it but never picked it up and keep putting it off) and then these two new games. I excluded the S/NES games and then the GB games that weren't actually part of the series, but I have the rest.

I'm a FF completionist [...] so I have to have a complete set, no matter how horrible they may ultimately be. I'm only missing FF4 [...] I excluded the S/NES games [...]

It is something of a curiosity to me that you would be a Final Fantasy completionist, and exclude what are arguably the games with the biggest legacy (and in my opinion, the best ones). Maybe in the case of FFV you could argue that the GBA remake is sufficient if not better, but if nothing else, the GBA cannot possibly do FFVI's music justice. And the PSX version suffers too much slowdown for my preference.

Either way, let me know what your opinion on the Wii version of FFCC EoT ends up being. And go and pick up FFIV DS already.