Just pal-parked... and all my trash bytes are invalid.

Takara

Using a Japanese retail of Heartgold and a Japanese retail of Firered, I pal-parked six pokemon. Saving the pkms in pokegen then opening in legal.exe show them as invalid trash bytes.

Everything else comes up correct.

Am I supposed to use the trashbyte program? How can they be illegal if I did it myself, using legit methods?

EDIT: Okay, I just realized HG/SS trashbytes may just not be implemented into legal.exe just yet...

BUT ANOTHER THING! It says they were pal parked using Platinum! :0

You said it yourself. HG/SS trash bytes aren't implemented in legal.exe yet.

I don't think the game would recognize them as being Pal-Parked from HG/SS if the trash bytes from HeartGold/SoulSilver aren't supported, but I could be wrong.

You said it yourself. HG/SS trash bytes aren't implemented in legal.exe yet.

I don't think the game would recognize them as being Pal-Parked from HG/SS if the trash bytes from HeartGold/SoulSilver aren't supported, but I could be wrong.

Even though there is the option for HG/SS in the pal-park drop down menu in pokegen?

Hmm, the reason it says for platinum is slightly odd, what program's telling you this? Can you just list the hidden hex of any pokemon, and what pokeball each is in particularly, you can generally use that to check what game it was pal parked to.