Are Moves That Pokemon "Hate" Still Stronger When Said Pokemon Uses Them?

Back in Pokemon Stadium 2, Earl states in one of his classes that if a Pokemon learns a move of a type that it is weak to, The move will be stronger than normal. Is this still true even in the new generations? I never heard about any change regarding this and Google isn't any help. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

I've never even heard of this before... and I cleared Earl's academy several times.

I know moves of the same type as the user get a Same Type Attack Bonus (STAB), but I really don't know about this one. Have you checked the guides at Smogon?

EDIT: Moved the thread to Competitive Battling... I think this is a more appropriate place for it.

I don't believe there's any difference. There's STAB and no STAB. For Instance, an Ice Beam and a Thunderbolt with have their natural Base Powers, while hydro pump will have a boosted base power due to STAB. Starmie being weak to Electric won't change the power of the Thunderbolt.

Whoops.. After some serious digging i found my old Stadium 2 cart i thought long gone, and did some research on this. I must've gotten confused somewhere along the lines. It only states that it may hold some strategic advantage to teach pokemon moves they hate. Thanks for help anyway guys.