Starter Editor for Pokemon Black & White

Hi, this is my second tool for editing Pokemon Black and White. A Starter Editor.

Notes:

- As for now, the program can only change what starter Pokemon YOU get, so when you open the box from Prof. Juniper at the beginning of the game, the screen will still shows Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott. I still have no idea on how to edit that.

- This program support both ROM (.nds) and NARC (a/0/5/7).

- This program will not change the Pokemon that your rivals/friends get, since it need to be edited in another narc. I don't think I'll add it.

Changelog:

v1.0.0 - The first version.

v1.0.1 - Remove the alt form from list, add in function to edit the starter's level.

v1.0.2 - Fix the issue of loading different region's ROM.

v1.0.2.1 - Should really fix the issue of loading different region's ROM.

Credits:

- Andibad, for all the information on where to edit.

Please try the program (and with caution) and report here if there's any bugs.

Zero's Black & White Starter Editor v1.0.2.1

Edited by neltazero

Yeah, after i analyze again, is not possible for alternative form, hold item , all are random ...... (but i think is can be set a item / alternative form but maybe i see another byte and i test it using desmume with save state (quickly to object)) is just level and another 3 byte is still unknown ((is look same as BWTE pokemon trainer data), after level byte is always 00, simple you can set it 12 and level byte is 6, you will get lv 6 on your pokemon...), if i set to over 36(but don;t know) the game will give error message..... and all byte is a script, if modified it , result: you was broke event on starter pokemon selection (is never ending if you modified).

For now, you can edit them with safe and no damage script:

- pokemon A (snivy) : C (bianca) and B (cheren)

- pokemon B (tepig) : A (bianca) and C (Cheren)

- pokemon C (oshawott) : B (bianca) and A (Cheren)

is based on script, but someone understand about script maybe is can modified...

- level starter pokemon for now is fine, and working ... yeah :)

ah ... is working on clean version but not working on my mod :( ....

--- note for editing starter pokemon ---

For text you can edit on a/0/0/3

For trainer you can edit on a/0/9/2 and a/0/0/3 (BWTE is help you a lot :) )

For sprite you can edit on a/2/0/5 (i got since japanese release)

so you must edit 3 narc ... for get change starter pokemon on pokemon BW completely ...

My video, i was create yesterday, i edit via HEX editor, is change pokemon, name pokemon (script), level...

[video=youtube;qgoSWaeWyss]

hm i have suggestion :

- level for pokemon (i was give you data but is not on you tools :( )

- pokemon name (is very important on script in a/0/0/3 , but you not added it on you tools)(need another combo box)

after i test you tools:

- alternative form is not working, i select shaymin sky form, but i get altaria ...

Yeah, after i analyze again, is not possible for alternative form, hold item , all are random ...... (but i think is can be set a item / alternative form but maybe i see another byte and i test it using desmume with save state (quickly to object)) is just level and another 3 byte is still unknown ((is look same as BWTE pokemon trainer data), after level byte is always 00, simple you can set it 12 and level byte is 6, you will get lv 6 on your pokemon...), if i set to over 36(but don;t know) the game will give error message..... and all byte is a script, if modified it , result: you was broke event on starter pokemon selection (is never ending if you modified).

For now, you can edit them with safe and no damage script:

- pokemon A (snivy) : C (bianca) and B (cheren)

- pokemon B (tepig) : A (bianca) and C (Cheren)

- pokemon C (oshawott) : B (bianca) and A (Cheren)

is based on script, but someone understand about script maybe is can modified...

- level starter pokemon for now is fine, and working ... yeah :)

ah ... is working on clean version but not working on my mod :( ....

--- note for editing starter pokemon ---

For text you can edit on a/0/0/3

For trainer you can edit on a/0/9/2 and a/0/0/3 (BWTE is help you a lot :) )

For sprite you can edit on a/2/0/5 (i got since japanese release)

so you must edit 3 narc ... for get change starter pokemon on pokemon BW completely ...

My video, i was create yesterday, i edit via HEX editor, is change pokemon, name pokemon (script), level...

[video=youtube;qgoSWaeWyss]

hm i have suggestion :

- level for pokemon (i was give you data but is not on you tools :( )

- pokemon name (is very important on script in a/0/0/3 , but you not added it on you tools)(need another combo box)

after i test you tools:

- alternative form is not working, i select shaymin sky form, but i get altaria ...

About alternate form: since it was confirmed that it's not working, from the next version onwards I won't include them anymore.

About level: Too hype with the program till forgot about it. Will put them in the next version.

About the rest: Currently learning about the structure of the nds file. If success I might be able to create a tool that can read rom, extract narc for editing, reinsert narc after editing, compile the nds back.

Also, since I am posting here, I will take the opportunity to mention that my Wild Pokemon Editor will not work for ROM that had been edited by KazoWar's Trainer Editor. Main reason is because the size of a/0/9/3 will change depend on number of Pokemon of the trainer, so the offset of the NARC will change accordingly. Will work on this problem.

EDIT: Fixed the Wild Pokemon Editor issue. Check the thread for the latest version.

EDIT 2: About the sprite in a/2/0/5, isn't the sprite is fixed? I mean, there are only 6 NCGR in that narc, so 3 must be for the 3 default starter. If that's the case means we'll need to import our own images into that narc and replace the old one if we wanna change the images for the starter-choosing scene.

Edited by neltazero

• 1 month later...
Whenever I open a NARC or NDS ROM it says invalid file. Could you help?

Can you provide more details? What version (EUR? US? JPN?) of the ROM you're using?

Edit: Can you try the latest v1.0.2 and see if it fix your problem?

Can you provide more details? What version (EUR? US? JPN?) of the ROM you're using?

Edit: Can you try the latest v1.0.2 and see if it fix your problem?

I'm using the US version of Pokemon White. And okay, I'll use V1.0.2.

EDIT: V1.0.2 didn't work. I still get Invalid File notice.

try narc (i mean clean narc file, a/0/5/7~) method ... any region is same file because i was checked it is same result, i test on US, EU and KO, and is working~

or manual editing : open a/0/5/7 on hex editor :

snag0032.jpg

EC 01 is shaymin you can find tepig/oshawott byte~ please search it xD, and last is level (05). first byte is you will get, and second name is for script name on a/0/0/3 (you can change it for you mind).

hm netalzero, i forgot something, but is can fixed in dialog file on a/0/0/3 for script pokemon name for bianca and cheren~

try narc (i mean clean narc file, a/0/5/7~) method ... any region is same file because i was checked it is same result, i test on US, EU and KO, and is working~

or manual editing : open a/0/5/7 on hex editor :

snag0032.jpg

EC 01 is shaymin you can find tepig/oshawott byte~ please search it xD, and last is level (05). first byte is you will get, and second name is for script name on a/0/0/3 (you can change it for you mind).

hm netalzero, i forgot something, but is can fixed in dialog file on a/0/0/3 for script pokemon name for bianca and cheren~

Okay, I'll try that soon. I'm busy making Pokemon Horror White now.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, this is my second tool for editing Pokemon Black and White. A Starter Editor.

Notes:

- As for now, the program can only change what starter Pokemon YOU get, so when you open the box from Prof. Juniper at the beginning of the game, the screen will still shows Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott. I still have no idea on how to edit that.

- This program support both ROM (.nds) and NARC (a/0/5/7).

- This program will not change the Pokemon that your rivals/friends get, since it need to be edited in another narc. I don't think I'll add it.

Changelog:

v1.0.0 - The first version.

v1.0.1 - Remove the alt form from list, add in function to edit the starter's level.

v1.0.2 - Fix the issue of loading different region's ROM.

Credits:

- Andibad, for all the information on where to edit.

Please try the program (and with caution) and report here if there's any bugs.

Zero's Starter Editor v1.0.2

it wont open my pkmn white rom

Sorry, as I'm not free enough to test the program sooner. I realised that the version 1.0.2 is really broken (something's wrong with the ROM loading function). I had fixed it in v1.0.3, but had no time to upload it (need to deal with life). But please be patient, I'll upload the new version ASAP (I think possibly within 48 hours).

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...