Is Pickup Extremespeed Linoone considered legal in GenV?

erebus

I really want an ExtremeSpeed + Belly Drum Linoone for my Gen3 normal type collection :x

I've been trying to make a legal one but no matter what I do, the end result is that it's rejected by the official Nintendo server, so either it's legal and I'm doing something wrong - or Nintendo just doesn't recognize the super rare pokemon as legal. Now I know that whether Linoone can have ExtremeSpeed + Gluttony is up to debate (I think he could technically, if you evolved an ExtremeSpeed Zigzagoon in GenIV and it had the right nature so that it acquired Ability 2 as Linoone) but it should be possible to have one with Pick Up still. All you'd need is pokebox, and then Sapphire-->Diamond-->Black. I mean, there isn't any data preserved that really distinguishes Linoone with ES from any other Linoone transfered from GenIV, so it's not like the server should be checking for anything specific.

I've set Linoone to having (Poketransfer) as its origin in Pokegen, as well as Rumination field, and I've tried some other tricks but I just don't think Nintendo considers this pokemon remotely legal. I've had this problem with some other Gen3 special pokemon (Leech Seed Vileplume and Follow Me Electabuzz specifically), though I have been able to get Mimic Salamence and Double-Edge Moltres to be accepted by the server as legal.

I'm not asking to have it made, or what to do, as I've pretty much given up. But, does Nintendo no longer honor these rare pokemon with special moves? Has it deemed them illegal? Anyone have a theory?

It cannot learn ExtremeSpeed, and if it can't learn it the Nintendo network will not allow it because it's technically illegal. You can use it in non-Nintendo matches but if you take it to an event anywhere or attempt to connect to random battles on Wifi it will be flagged.

Simple enough, if it's not in it's moveset it's not legal. Check Bulbapedia or Serebii for movesets.

Edited by Guested
removed awful link to awful site

I was intrigued by your post and decided to try to make a zigzagoon/linoone that could go on GTS. I succeeded. I was able to deposit it on GTS, offer it on GTS, and battle with it online. (Belly Drum + Extremespeed)

Upload your .pkm file to the pokecheck website and do the legal check (there is a legal check for gen 4 and 5), see if anything pops up as invalid. It's quite possible you have a bad PID. You realize you have to use TYPE 10 PID generator in PokeGen, right?

I suggest you download the zigzagoon event pkm file from pkmdb (It's under the GBA events) and use that as a base. Set the approximate IV's you want and search for a PID Type 10 (You may have troubles finding one that matches the IV's/nature/ability you want, I know I did). Save that file and use a trashbyte fixers on the file. I then uploaded it to pokecheck with the "Import gen 4 pkm and convert to gen 5". I then sent it to my game and it works 100%.