Wild Pokemon Editor (Black & White) (v1.0.9.3 & 1.0.9.4[Compact])

I checked the header, and it's totally different between maps. In fact, the header is just as it should be. WSC B1F has all of the water encounter data grayed-out, however, despite all the flags for water being set to the normal or "on" position.

I was able to change the cave encounters back to normal without effecting Victory Road Outside, though. Not sure what caused this weird bug, but it didn't cause any damage.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi. As you can see, I'm quite an inactive member of this forum, so today I decided to share a program that I create myself. A Wild Pokemon Editor.

Currently, the editor is capable of editing Pokemon encountered in these location:

• Route 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
  • Abundant Shrine
  • Celestial Tower
  • Challenger's Cave
  • Chargestone Cave
  • Cold Storage Outside
  • Desert Resort
  • Dragonspiral Tower
  • Dreamyard
  • Driftveil City
  • Driftveil Drawbridge
  • Giant Chasm
  • Icirrus City
  • Lostlorn Forest
  • Marvelous Bridge
  • Mistralton Cave
  • Moor of Icirrus
  • P2 Laboratory
  • Pinwheel Forest
  • Twist Mountain
  • Undella Town
  • Undella Bay
  • Village Bridge
  • Wellspring Cave
  • Victory Road
  • Relic Castle
  • Striaton City

Notes:

• As of version 1.0.4, this program/tool now support both NARC and ROM. This means, for those who does not has any experience with NitroExplorer can now edit the ROM directly.
  • I had not finished Pokemon Black, so I might made a mistake on encounters of some location. Please point out if you found any mistakes.
  • I'm a beginner in programming, so if got any bugs, please do point out.
  • I will also point out that this program was build using Visual Studio 2010 on Windows 7, so I have absolutely no idea if it works on older version of windows or not (95,98,2k,ME,XP,Vista). Please do test it and report here. Thanks.
  • Just a side note, it's always safer for everyone to save the changes on a new NARC (if you're using the NARC) or create a backup of the ROM (either by the program itself or you yourself). By doing that, you can always revert back to the original file if something went wrong.
  • Why "load from text file" capability in v1.0.9? Someone like me usually plan out the Pokemon encounters in a notepad, as I can copy-paste duplicated lines and plan slowly without having to mess up with the ROM from the beginning. But, when I want to use this tool to populate my planned encounters, it'll take few hours. Therefore, I add in this functionality. Also, I didn't put all the new stuff in the version with header, so I'll still keep the links for v1.0.7.
  • By the way, I'll put this note also: White Forest encounter is NOT supported as its data is actually in the save file instead of ROM.

Load-from-file text file format:

location_name
pokemon_1,min_level,max_level
pokemon_2,min_level,max_level
pokemon_56,min_level,max_level

The line "pokemon_1,min_level,max_level" need to be repeated for 56 times per location; 12 grass, 12 dark grass, 12 shaking grass, 5 surfing, 5 rare surfing spot, 5 fishing and 5 rare fishing spot.

These are the Pokemon that the alternate form is supported:

• Basculin
  • Deerling
  • Sawsbuck
  • Burmy
  • Wormadam
  • Castform
  • Cherrim
  • Shellos
  • Gastrodon
  • Deoxys
  • Rotom
  • Meloetta
  • Shaymin
  • Giratina
  • Darmanitan

Credits:

1. Drayano (I began my coding based on the information that he gave in here)
  2. Andibad (On the similar thread, I get the information on the different form of Pokemon from him)
  3. Kaphotics (I use the header data structure that he posted. Also on the same thread as above:smile:)

Update:

v1.0.1 : Forgot to remove Pichu Alt. form from the Pokemon list.

v1.0.2 : More small changes. Change the "Dark Grass" to "Double Grass", add in instruction on how to extract the NARC (the one that this program work with) using NitroExplorer2b (don't ask me for it. Google it yourself), etc.

v1.0.3 : Some more small changes. This time it's more on cosmetic changes (all these small changes are proving that I'm a total beginner in programming. Gonna learn a lesson from these)

v1.0.4 : Added rom (.nds) support as well as retaining the NARC support.

v1.0.4b: Well, the 'b' instead of v1.0.5 is because this update is an absolutely tiny update. Also, now I had tested the ROM and NARC support and had confirmed that it works (for me, at least)

v1.0.4c: The previous version cannot load Pokemon White. This version fix it.

v1.0.5 : Fix Bugs #2.

v1.0.6 : I'm very sure this one fix Bugs #2. Now support Japan, Korean, US, EUR, Italian, Spanish, etc version. Also added Striaton City to the location list.

v1.0.7 :I split the program into 2 version; with capability of messing up the header and without. For the header information, I don't know what it might affect, so if you just want to edit the wild encounter, get the regular version, as it totally will not display the header information and won't allow the user to edit them. Also added Route 10 (in the badge checking area), and Victory Road unknown room (I can't find it).

v1.0.9 :I added the ability to load the encounter data from a text file, added a huge map for Victory Road, and rename the Victory Road Missing Room to Trial Chamber (I never encounter anything in there during my play through, so need clarification). Also added the capability to save the encounter data from the ROM into a text file.

Bugs:

1. Found by Wyndamn: The size of NARC file changed after editing the file with the old version, followed by the new version of the tool. Status:Not fixed (unable to reproduce the same error). Link to the original post

2. Wild Pokemon Editor will not work for ROM that had been edited by KazoWar's Trainer Editor. Main reason is because the size of a/0/9/3 will change depend on number of Pokemon of the trainer, so the offset of the NARC will change accordingly. Will work on this problem. Fixed in version 1.0.7

Here's the files:

Mediafire link for v1.0.7 (With header)

Mediafire link for v1.0.7 (Regular)

Mediafire link for v1.0.9

Also, since this program was built on Visual Studio 2010, I think it'll need .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile to work.

Download here : Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (Standalone Installer)

so , where can it not edit?

@aninymouse:

Glad to hear that no damage was caused.

so , where can it not edit?

For now, everywhere that's possible (except White Forest). The location list on the first post was written since the first version (which lack of few locations), so I just left it there when I edit the post.

I've been using 1.0.9 the last few days and just wanted to report a bug I've encountered. I can't seem to place Ho-oh anywhere without receiving the error message "Invalid input. Please make sure that the minimum and maximum level must be between 1 and 100." I've tried placing Ho-oh in several different areas with different level ranges, and can't find a way around this error.

Otherwise, fantastic work on this editor--very clean and easy to use.

Edit/more info: I'm using a clean European White version ROM.

I've been using 1.0.9 the last few days and just wanted to report a bug I've encountered. I can't seem to place Ho-oh anywhere without receiving the error message "Invalid input. Please make sure that the minimum and maximum level must be between 1 and 100." I've tried placing Ho-oh in several different areas with different level ranges, and can't find a way around this error.

Otherwise, fantastic work on this editor--very clean and easy to use.

Edit/more info: I'm using a clean European White version ROM.

wanted to see if I got the same error and I did.

@neltazero You got to fix this bug

@James816 and @Paced98:

I had updated the tool to version 1.0.9.3. Please try it and see if the Ho-oh problem still exist. I tried myself and it seems to fix the problem, but unless the user verify it I can't say it's definitely fixed.

@James816 and @Paced98:

I had updated the tool to version 1.0.9.3. Please try it and see if the Ho-oh problem still exist. I tried myself and it seems to fix the problem, but unless the user verify it I can't say it's definitely fixed.

thank you

@James816 and @Paced98:

It's working perfectly now. I appreciate the quick response--thank you!

Uhm can you make one that support the .nds file? cause I have no Idea how to open the files =(

Is was support narc / nds ROM since 1.0.0 , is working for me o.oa is working all region i think like EN/JP/EU/KO <-- narc or NDS ROM is working for me, but the best one is using narc, is effective to replace than using a new ROM...

• 4 weeks later...

So, ehm.. Just to be sure:

Bugs:

1. Found by Wyndamn: The size of NARC file changed after editing the file with the old version, followed by the new version of the tool. Status:Not fixed (unable to reproduce the same error). Link to the original post

2. Wild Pokemon Editor will not work for ROM that had been edited by KazoWar's Trainer Editor. Main reason is because the size of a/0/9/3 will change depend on number of Pokemon of the trainer, so the offset of the NARC will change accordingly. Will work on this problem. Fixed in version 1.0.7

3. Found by James816. Selecting Ho-oh will give the error of "Invalid Level". Fixed in version 1.0.9.3

Does the first bug only come up in case I've used the previous version of the Wild Pokémon Editor before?

Say I'd start completely from scratch, that bug will not appear?

And there are literally no other bugs?

Just to be sure. =)

So, ehm.. Just to be sure:

Does the first bug only come up in case I've used the previous version of the Wild Pokémon Editor before?

Say I'd start completely from scratch, that bug will not appear?

And there are literally no other bugs?

Just to be sure. =)

For the first bug, I can never reproduce the same problem to happen, which also means that since I have no idea how it occurs, I won't be able to fix it. However, I tried to edit a clean ROM from scratch and didn't encounter any bugs.

As for whether there are any other bugs, I can answer you: There are bound to be some bugs, just that no one had discovered them yet. No program in this world are totally bug-free, and that's why when you found a bug please report here so that I can fix it as soon as possible.

For the first bug, I can never reproduce the same problem to happen, which also means that since I have no idea how it occurs, I won't be able to fix it. However, I tried to edit a clean ROM from scratch and didn't encounter any bugs.

As for whether there are any other bugs, I can answer you: There are bound to be some bugs, just that no one had discovered them yet. No program in this world are totally bug-free, and that's why when you found a bug please report here so that I can fix it as soon as possible.

Alright! I'm currently using the program and it's wonderful, really like how much work you've put into it. Especially like the nice add-on Victory Road maps, etc.

Really nice work, thank you!

where's the save button? It can't save! (I don't mean save to text file).

I edited wild pokemon then i tested it out with my white rom, The pokemon are still the same!

how do i edit the pokemon and save it? Please tell me.

I tried to use it on a heavily modded ROM, and the game refused to recognize the ROM for what it was. It worked just fine on older, less-modded backups that I kept around. Now, were I to edit the specific Narc of a clean rom and insert that narc into my heavily changed game, what sort of problems might I expect to see? Is there any way around this?

I tried to use it on a heavily modded ROM, and the game refused to recognize the ROM for what it was. It worked just fine on older, less-modded backups that I kept around. Now, were I to edit the specific Narc of a clean rom and insert that narc into my heavily changed game, what sort of problems might I expect to see? Is there any way around this?

By heavily-modified ROM is it only modified using this tool? Or did you modified it using other tools as well? It is quite hard to predict the problem that you might see since we don't know the reason/cause of the problem. However, if your DS refuse to recognize the ROM, then there might be a serious change on your ROM (I think should be somewhere in the NARC header, ROM header, etc). Without take a look at your ROM it'll be hard to tell you if there's a way to fix your ROM. Well, maybe other (Andibad, perhaps) can help with this.

Edited to remove stupidity

In response to this post, and to prevent future similar post, should I put a Wild Pokemon Editor For Dummies tutorial, which includes showing to reader where's each button? Or should I make the "Save" button at the bottom-right of the tool larger? Or should I make it multi-language?

Edited by Guested

where's the save button? It can't save! (I don't mean save to text file).

I edited wild pokemon then i tested it out with my white rom, The pokemon are still the same!

how do i edit the pokemon and save it? Please tell me.

Hey i'm Still waiting