Beta: the pokécheck legality checker for generation 5

xfr

http://www.pokecheck.org/?screenshot=608246&la

The legality checker lists Superpower as illegal for Deoxys even though it can be learned by level-up at level 30 in FR according to Serebii and Bulbapedia. I'm also pretty sure it can be tutored in HG/SS as well as I taught it to my Deoxys because I believed that it was tutor-only.

Edit: I just checked, Deoxys can be tutored Superpower in HG/SS but only when it's in Attack forme. I'm not sure why it's not listed (possibly because it's a level-up move) but each forme gets different tutor moves for whatever reason (e.g. Attack forme cannot learn the elemental punches). No idea if it can learn it in Pt but whatever.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"This Pokemon has very few EVs for its level."

That's because I started with a Bulbasaur and exploited Gen V's experience system + EXP share so it prolly only has at most 15 HP EVs or something from Audinos (this is an estimate) despite the fact it's a Venusaur now. It was purely for a Pokedex thing.

In any case, I understand why the statement is there, but is there a way to make a distinction that it's still possible to be at its level without hacking? Since I don't want someone having a massive freakout if I trade with them.

Sorry to post twice in such quick succession, but I have a problem with my Latios. The legality checker is deeming my spread hacked, even though it was just a simple RNG capture. RNG Reporter correctly told me the PID of my Latios would be 6937DA48 (1765268040 in decimal which the legality analysis displays), but the legality analysis is deeming it hacked.

Also please note that this was not a Cute Charm abuse. There wasn't even a synchronizer involved.

Link to the Latios:

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=652508

For some reason it says that having Me First as an Egg Move is hacked, but it's not a hacked move. If possible, I would like this error to be fixed. Thanks in advance.

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=654654

It is hacked. Your Floatzel came from Platinum, and Me First did not become an egg move for Floatzel until Black\White.

I think Pokecheck should recognize that all Hall of Origin Arceus as not legitimate as that event was never released. Also, all D/P Shaymin and Darkrai that were caught in-game should also be considered not legitimate as Oak's Letter and the Member Card was distributed exclusively to Platinum.

Will Wondercard events be supported in the future? Like an ALAMOS Darkrai cannot be from Pt/HG/SS as those games were unreleased at the time the distribution was done.

Here's one that Pokechecker marks as valid but isn't: an Eevee hacked to know Hyper Beam. The legality checker says Hyper Beam is a legal move for Eevee, but according to Bulbapedia it isn't.

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=154281

Dude, it's hacked for several reasons. It knows Spacial Rand. It's showing up as "Bad Egg", no trainer ID/SID, etc...

I think this has more to do with the movepool Pokecheck sites more than anything, but for some reason, my Mudkip is being deemed hacked for knowing the tutor attack Earth Power. The strangest thing is that my Mudkip was able to learn the attack like any other tutor attack, yet no movepool I've come across lists it as a learnable tutor attack.

For the record, this Mudkip was the same Mudkip received from Steven and RNG manipulated on an emulator. The Mudkip was traded to a cartridge HGSS game using a flash cart and tutored there.

Mudkip link:

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=675750

This point was brought several times before and unless Codr sets the default trainer ID to 65535 in Pokegen I will not change my stance on this question. ID 0 must be exclusively reserved for hacks.

Considering that 0 is a legitimate TID, it's not entirely fair to just say no. Even if the TID was set to 65535, itd still present problems to anyone who had rng abused their TID to be that number. It should be changed to a message that says something like this TID is either hacked or RNG abused, since most hacks that have a TID of 0 are so badly hacked a TID of 0 will most likely be the least of the problems, and anyone who is not an idiot should be able to at least distinguish a badly hacked pokemon with a TID of 0, and a rng abused one with 0.

I think this has more to do with the movepool Pokecheck sites more than anything, but for some reason, my Mudkip is being deemed hacked for knowing the tutor attack Earth Power. The strangest thing is that my Mudkip was able to learn the attack like any other tutor attack, yet no movepool I've come across lists it as a learnable tutor attack.

For the record, this Mudkip was the same Mudkip received from Steven and RNG manipulated on an emulator. The Mudkip was traded to a cartridge HGSS game using a flash cart and tutored there.

Mudkip link:

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=675750

Confirmed. I was able to take a Mudkip to the HGSS move tutor and teach it Earth Power. It may be that the move can only be tutored in HGSS and not Platinum, like with Sunflora.

I found other errors that I would like to report.

1.- I'm import a japanese Drowzee from leaf green to bw and in the trash bytes of OT that said me "invalid bytes pal park trash".

みみみみみ\xFFFF\x0000\xFFFF

This sequence is valid because both third and fourth generation in the name ends with FFFF and import them to bw the game puts another pair of FFFF (which actually used to indicate the end of name).

In the name of pokemon that said me "found all zero japanese D/P trash bytes" (in orange colour) because the name changed in platinum edition with the seem id-sid. In cases like this, I would change the message by a green color with something like "Valid trash bytes. Possibly it has changed the name to import it from gba games with seem id-sid". You can get the same id-sid legally.

2.- In eggs hatched in d-p-pl-hg-ss games (i'm tested with hypno from platinum edition), if you have the same id-sid in another game of that generation, you can change the name of either egg pokemon or captured (in any language, including imported third generation) and the game filled with pairs of 0000. I saw that the website replaces the pair of 0000 by FFFF and should not do, since the game does not and therefore become illegal.

The same applies to the events, the game filled with pairs of 0000 after the end of the name (in the name of the pokemon and OT) and when imported black and white games put another pair of FFFF at the end (Which Actually Used To Indicate the end of name). The site fills the spaces between the first pair of FFFF (which ended the name in third and fourth generation) and the last couple of FFFF (Which Actually Used To Indicate the end of name) with pairs of FFFF and should fill in pairs of 0000.