Beta: the pokécheck legality checker for generation 5

xfr

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=5092268 should be showing the error message about being nicknamed with the species name.

Because.. this particular event Jirachi should not be "nicknamed" at the first place, I believe.

If I recall correctly, for this Jirachi, you collect it and that's all, no nickname prompt.

(let's exclude the fact that IVs are 31 and EVs are 252 and 252 >.< )

You shouldn't be responding to posts here theSLAYER because 1) this thread is to report bugs only 2) you make stupid assumptions and accusations and 3) the other posters have made complete bug reports; there is no need for any additional information, particularly from a known hacker.

Eyedol posted someone else's box to report things - if you paid any attention to the shoutbox you would know that that is the mod Eyedol (who doesn't hack by the way), and the box linked is someone else's. If you're not going to contribute bugs you shouldn't be posting.

As for my bug report... https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=5092268 That should not have metadata as it's an event. I think there is also metadata for Black with the event OT.

Edit: Entralink Pokémon used to have a message when the PID is invalid. What happened to that? It's not there anymore for both starters and everything else. Also, it doesn't take into account what Pokémon can come from what game version. ie. Unova dex Pokémon from B/W1. B/W1 exclusives can be obtained in B/W2 via demo mode, then later registering a B/W2 game. Since the chance of that is low, there should be an orange message giving it a caution.

Edited by Hozu

I am not sure if this applies well but if you are having problems hack checking on gen 5 it is due to the fact that gen 5 files are bigger than gen 4 files. Not sure why but everyone that hack checks on gen 5 seems to have more problems than they did with gen 4. I bet you guys are wondering about gen 6 right? I bet it will be haarder than gen 4 & 5 both. I would recommend Pokemon Secure for hack checking on gen 5 xD. I know a couple of people from that sote that can probably check better than Pokecheck. I am not saying it is bad to use Pokecheck. I am just saying you can get a better check from the checkers at Secure xD.:)

I am not sure if this applies well but if you are having problems hack checking on gen 5 it is due to the fact that gen 5 files are bigger than gen 4 files. Not sure why but everyone that hack checks on gen 5 seems to have more problems than they did with gen 4. I bet you guys are wondering about gen 6 right? I bet it will be haarder than gen 4 & 5 both. I would recommend Pokemon Secure for hack checking on gen 5 xD. I know a couple of people from that sote that can probably check better than Pokecheck. I am not saying it is bad to use Pokecheck. I am just saying you can get a better check from the checkers at Secure xD.:)

i want to delete this, but it's too funny not to leave.

Ah I see now. I have seen some events where the IV's are edited but doed not say hacked It says either was edited or RNG abuse. Why doesn't those say hacked? I would consider those to be hacked since the IV's were edited in some fashion xD. Guys when I posted earlier I was only trying to help you. the files are not the same as 4th gen. Nor was I being funny. I was trying to show support. Someone showing support would have said: True but we need actual reports of errors of the legality checker on Pokecheck. Please read the first post to see all details. That is how you show support especialy when I am a new member and was trying to help. That is how you respond rather than laughing and making fun of the user. Show some consideration where others are concerned. You don't know how that person feels when you respond like that. You are lucky because I am not like that but seriously show support rather than laugh about it. We all strive to do our best to help others. If you think about it we are like a family. You try to help as much as possible rather than be negitive. Sorry I had to add this to my answer but you guys need to know where I stand about negitivity. That I don't tolerate at all. Show respect for those around you trying to help.:)

They were laughing at what you said about Secure, because that's way not true.

Anyway:

randomspot555 edit: Because it apparently hasn't been clear enough, this thread is strictly for reporting ERRORS in PokeCheck's Legality Analyses. Anything beyond that is off-topic and may get you an an infraction.

evandixon edit: Because this thread is for reporting errors, this is also NOT the thread to ask why your Pokémon aren't legal. Be sure to search for legality guides before asking somewhere besides this thread.

Apparently, you can use any language cart except JP and KO to register for a US (and presumably any other country except JP and KO) PGL account. Normally, this doesn't mean anything, but one could do that to get say... a French DW Sinnoh starter. As such, any mismatched exclusives should have an orange warning when there is more legality checks for DW stuff.

After uploading a Sandile with Aqua Tail (After teaching it that move via Tutor), the Legality Analysis said that the move Aqua Tail is "hacked/event only". I checked my Pokédex 3D Pro and Bulbapedia, and they said they were learnable through tutor.

The Searcher Piplup Wondercard has been recently contributed, so it needs to be added to the database.

Pokémon from My Pokémon Ranch (other than Phione and Mew) have a fixed PID based on the species, and the Phione egg was set to have hatched at level 1 instead of 0. I think there will be more research into how that game generates Pokémon though, as it is done by that game, not the connecting DS game.

Edited by Hozu

https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=5048414

An Entei that origins from FireRed. It's nicknamed, so it can't be from event (I even checked Bulbapedia, and none of the events match the ID, or OT; 10 ANIV [00010], 10ANNIV/10ANNI/10ANIV/10JAHRE* [06227] and 10 ANIV [06808]) What's the wrong part? IVs. 21/8/3/1/1/1/1

The Roaming IV glitch should cap Attack at 7 plus Defense, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def and Speed at 0. So why this Entei has them higher?

*Four; because French and English both have 10ANNIV as OT

Edited by WhatHappenedToStairs
detailed part on the event Entei in G3 (which the linked one is NOT)

https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=5347148

note - I'm listing the slots starting at slot 1 as used by Pokécheck, not as slot 0 by traditional means.

That was a legitimate capture on safari slot 3. Trapinch appears to be slot 8, but by not having the other kinds of blocks, it can be reduced as far as slot 3. Basically, for each individual priority slot species, the minimum slot number is whatever it would be with the bare minimum amount of blocks to spawn it (Trapinch being 3 because there are two other Pokémon before it that require Peak blocks), while the maximum is the priority slot number. I think it's possible to get all 10 priority slot Pokémon available at once if each block type is calculated at 4x value.

Currently it's not being recognized because there is no slot 8 encounter for that PID/IV spread.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62170603/SafariZone.html