Beta: the pokécheck legality checker for generation 5

xfr

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hallo, a have a Electivire from Hoenn (Emerald) of my German White 2.

The Original Trainer Language is German but Pokécheck Found valid English Pal Park trash bytes.

Is It Legal?

Edited by TheDoc

• 2 weeks later...

Upon loading up some Pal Parked Pokemon (of which I did about 22+) through an emulator only two pokemon came up with invalid trash bytes. I was able to rectify one of two by simply pal parking them again but no matter how many times I pal park the ONE Pokemon it continues to have invalid trash bytes. Any idea on why this is happening? I haven't altered the Pokemon in any way so I'm at a loss. Hopefully someone can help. I'll provide a link to the Pokemon as well.

Pal Parked Cleffa

Emulator trash bytes aren't supported afaik.

Wouldn't that have affected ALL of the Pokemon I Pal Parked than? I just went ahead and Pal parked the cleffa via DS this time and I got the same issue...

EDIT: I'd like to add that the Clefairy version of this Cleffa doesn't have the invalid trash bytes (I pal parked it over as a clefairy) would this be any indicator to why it may be doing this?

Cleffa & Clefairy Pal Parked Via EMU

So I went ahead and Poke Transfer'd the Cleffa that was coming out on the other end with invalid trash bytes on Gen IV and to my surprise it no longer has invalid trash bytes:

Poke Transfer'd Cleffa

Any idea as to why something like this would happen? I'm content with it resolving itself but knowledge is power I suppose so I'm interested on how this may have happened.

Trash bytes are the result of memory pointers and preexisting strings not being cleared for subsequent use. They just get overwritten and the resulting string constitutes the palparked character-string.

You can read more about them on our wiki; the first Pokemon parked will have one set of trash and 2-6 will have different trash.

Ah thanks for the link and relevant information. Very much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...