Beta: the pokécheck legality checker for generation 5

xfr

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so i used the checker and my solar power charizard and moxie salamence from black 2 came up as hacked in ability while everything else was pretty fine, so what does that mean? can you not have dream world pokemon in black 2?

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=1562222

That Boldore from B/W2 should have an illegal name as it was not evolved (level met = current level, and that's not even going into the proper levels for encountering Roggenrola). It has an English name (no nickname to boot) but is Japanese in origin. I was informed that it came from a patched ROM. I am unsure which or to the extent of the patch but I assume at least a move/name translation.

nvm, it was a false positive, got all my pokemon through to play on wifi, the thing stopping me from playing was the nicknames i gave my pokemon and they didn't have the proper trash bytes, i just went to the name rater in castelia city and renamed my pokemon, got the proper trash bytes and was able to play. My Charizard was a shiny and had a dream world ability, but it was hatched from an egg.

From what I've seen on a list which pokemon in BW2 can't be shiny, the ingame DW Stationaries and DW Gift Pokemon cannot be shiny, but this Mandibuzz http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=1528674 is and appears as legal. I'm not certain if it is a pokecheck bug or the list was wrong. (in that case I'd appreachiate a list of which DWs can be shiny)

Looking at the game's code it's actually possible for the Mandibuzz/Braviary encounters to be shiny.

Wanted to report an error, for Kaphotic's Smogon Theme, there is no report link under the legality analysis

checkk.png

I wanted to report that my Nimbassa DW Pokemon you get from the trader aren't recognized, http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=box&bid=37&u=filip , so maybe you can update the LA with those pokes and add the Report Link for the Smogon Theme? Cause that one doesn't strain my eyes. Thx

EDIT: Ty for the fix on the link.

Edited by Rayquaza911

I know this is no urgent issue, but some event pokémon from B2/W2 (N's Pokémon, to be exact) show flags as "GTS Metadata not avaliable" and "This pokémon was probably hacker or RNG abused", and they obviously shouldn't.

There are specific pokémon that can appear that way. They have the ID 00002/00000 (already detected as eventful in the shiny flag), but it isn't detected in other parts of the data. Specifically, these mons have a fixed nature and a 30-IV spread (30/30/30/30/30/30).

I have two potential issues:

First issue: (False Positive)

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=1596469

Mostly everything is correct(it's a mystery egg run, with eggs from an English game). However, the PID is showing up invalid. The thing with it is, I'm about 90% sure when I uploaded her the first few times, the PID was listed valid. I only noticed this change earlier this week. I've uploaded her from both my English White and Japanese Black 2 as I checked EVs.

Second Issue: (Possible False Negative)

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=1537554

When I got this houndoom off the GTS several years ago, I was 99% sure it was hacked. It was found in Kanto,(Houndour was only found in the wild in Emerald), masterball, and under the evolution level.(Houndour evolves at 24). The only thing the pokecheck mentions is "Non-default pokéball on hatched Pokémon." If it was hatched, it should definitely not be a houndoom.

Since I transferred it to Gen V instead of checking it on Gen IV, I'm not sure if that's why it's coming up as negative in the other stats?

04:49:41: <JackieChun> I can't remove this ball capsule
04:49:50: <JackieChun> from this pokemon I got from pokecheck
04:50:21: <JackieChun> in hgss
04:51:58: <JackieChun> it won't leave my party
04:52:04: <JackieChun> can't release it either
04:52:11: <JackieChun> it has these messed up stats
04:53:46: <JackieChun> HP: ?25/?75, Atk: ?08
04:54:03: <JackieChun> and it's like that for all of it's stats
04:54:05: <JackieChun> it's a blastoise
05:00:20: <JackieChun> aight
05:00:49: <JackieChun> I put the DNS back on auto-set, and put the blastoise up for offer on GTS, and it removed the capsule
05:00:57: <JackieChun> ...and I'm keeping it there 
05:02:02: <JackieChun> but I'll need to be a lot more leery
05:02:45: <JackieChun> the blastoise of doom: http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=312755
05:02:57: <JackieChun> do NOT download it 

04:49:41: <JackieChun> I can't remove this ball capsule
04:49:50: <JackieChun> from this pokemon I got from pokecheck
04:50:21: <JackieChun> in hgss
04:51:58: <JackieChun> it won't leave my party
04:52:04: <JackieChun> can't release it either
04:52:11: <JackieChun> it has these messed up stats
04:53:46: <JackieChun> HP: ?25/?75, Atk: ?08
04:54:03: <JackieChun> and it's like that for all of it's stats
04:54:05: <JackieChun> it's a blastoise
05:00:20: <JackieChun> aight
05:00:49: <JackieChun> I put the DNS back on auto-set, and put the blastoise up for offer on GTS, and it removed the capsule
05:00:57: <JackieChun> ...and I'm keeping it there 
05:02:02: <JackieChun> but I'll need to be a lot more leery
05:02:45: <JackieChun> the blastoise of doom: http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=312755
05:02:57: <JackieChun> do NOT download it 

Cough idiot that can't read how to use other fakeGTS servers cough.

Sorry, Politoed in my throat. Anyways, that Blastoise belongs to Calbann, meaning it is not some uber hack that will destroy your game, and if this JackieChun fellow had actually gotten it direct from Pokecheck it would have a ribbon and he wouldn't have been able to put it on the GTS, meaning he must have downloaded the file and then used another fakeGTS to get it, probably without having a full party when he did.

Cough idiot that can't read how to use other fakeGTS servers cough.

Sorry, Politoed in my throat. Anyways, that Blastoise belongs to Calbann, meaning it is not some uber hack that will destroy your game, and if this JackieChun fellow had actually gotten it direct from Pokecheck it would have a ribbon and he wouldn't have been able to put it on the GTS, meaning he must have downloaded the file and then used another fakeGTS to get it, probably without having a full party when he did.

Not necessarily, as he could've used Queue for Transfer to Gen 5, which gives you a ribbon free Pokemon. Though I have no idea how that Blastoise's data could've gotten that corrupted. Actually nevermind, ignore this post as I see that he got it in his HG game. Please ignore my ignorance to read. xD DR is probably right.

Edited by Darkrai87
Didn't see something and made a point that is invalid, edited out and left another message.

That is an issue since you can capture all 3 regis in B/W2. To get the other regi you need to do this Unova link thing to pass on the key between other versions.

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=616586

Pokémon from 3rd gen cannot be below level 5 unless there is a specific wild encounter for it, or in a certain case via Pomeg berry glitch it's possible to obtain a very low level mon via in-game trade.

Hi, I would like to report a false-positive. There's a Tyranitar I bred myself in Pokémon Emerald which has almost perfect IVs. I cloned it in Emerald and then traded the clone to FireRed. From there, I migrated the clone to Platinum and uploaded it to Pokécheck. It says that my Tyranitar has invalid Pal-Park trash bytes and that it's IVs are hacked, when I know they are not (like I said, I bred it myself, after more than 100 Larvitar eggs). [iCON]248[/iCON]