xfr

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No.

Event checks are against valid Wonder Cards, not a handmade database. It's up to the person checking to make sure it's a valid move.

edit: But seriously, that thing is hacked. 31/31/31/31/31/31 unknown GBA PID + 508 EVs you can't fool me.

Ah okay, most people don't pay attention to the LA anyways, but for those who do will think it's hacked as the general consensus is that red = hacked not Hacked/Event Only means to check if it's a legitmate move. Useful tip now that you've mentioned it! ^_^

No.

Event checks are against valid Wonder Cards, not a handmade database. It's up to the person checking to make sure it's a valid move.

edit: But seriously, that thing is hacked. 31/31/31/31/31/31 unknown GBA PID + 508 EVs you can't fool me.

Just saying, it is indeed nicer to see Valid(Event Move)

And no, it's not hacked. Obtained and hatched myself and it's "Valid gen 3 egg PID from spread 31/X/X/31/X/31." - Check again.

Edit: Perhaps even Hacked/Event Only 298, just so there is a distinguishable difference.

Just saying, it is indeed nicer to see Valid(Event Move)

And no, it's not hacked. Obtained and hatched myself and it's "Valid gen 3 egg PID from spread 31/X/X/31/X/31." - Check again.

Edit: Perhaps even Hacked/Event Only 298, just so there is a distinguishable difference.

I'm finding it very hard to believe you obtained a perfect IVed Pokemon at an event.

I'm finding it very hard to believe you obtained a perfect IVed Pokemon at an event.

It's not something I'm going to sit and argue about, but either way I'm pointing out that the Hacked/Event shown in red can be ambiguous/misleading to those that use the LA.

It's not something I'm going to sit and argue about, but either way I'm pointing out that the Hacked/Event shown in red can be ambiguous/misleading to those that use the LA.

My understanding of Pokemon legality checks is it assumes the user isn't a complete idiot. IE if you went to the official event yourself and obtained the Pokemon yourself on your game cart, etc... then you already know its legality. The useful aspect of legality checkers is to check what can't be checked from personal experiences or the visible information (movepools, Pokeball type, and whatnot).

Again, Pokecheck uses wondercards to check events. Since Gen 3 didn't have wondercards, it is up to the person checking to verify that their moves are legal.

Making a table with all the special moves for gen 3 for exceptions is an annoyance and instead should be evaluated on a case by case basis by the user, not the server.

My understanding of Pokemon legality checks is it assumes the user isn't a complete idiot. IE if you went to the official event yourself and obtained the Pokemon yourself on your game cart, etc... then you already know its legality. The useful aspect of legality checkers is to check what can't be checked from personal experiences or the visible information (movepools, Pokeball type, and whatnot).

In which case fair enough. Just something I noticed, is all.

Again, Pokecheck uses wondercards to check events. Since Gen 3 didn't have wondercards, it is up to the person checking to verify that their moves are legal.

Making a table with all the special moves for gen 3 for exceptions is an annoyance and instead should be evaluated on a case by case basis by the user, not the server.

That makes sense. I'll bear that in mind in future.

Okay PokeCheck says that my event Growlithe has more than the maximum PP for the move Ember. However it only has 25 PP for that Move. I can't provide a link, because I don't want to set the Pokemon to public since that will ruin the rarity of the event (GCEA Growlithe).

Okay PokeCheck says that my event Growlithe has more than the maximum PP for the move Ember. However it only has 25 PP for that Move. I can't provide a link, because I don't want to set the Pokemon to public since that will ruin the rarity of the event (GCEA Growlithe).
Always include a link to the incriminated pokémon if you can. You don't have to make it public.

We can see every private Pokemon. Found it anyways, it's a hack. Pokecheck only displays the PP amount that is dictated by the PP ups, not the current amount of PP (which is 35).

I'm getting confused over the PID generation with different methods using PokeGen. Using Method 1 to generate PIDs for BW, PokeCheck always reports them as invalid, where using Method 2 always reports as valid, however I read multiple time that Method 1 was the one used to calculate wild encounters. Is there any harm in using Method 2 (Ex.: chance to get flagged as Hacked) or not really?

Edit: Disregard.

I'm getting confused over the PID generation with different methods using PokeGen. Using Method 1 to generate PIDs for BW, PokeCheck always reports them as invalid, where using Method 2 always reports as valid, however I read multiple time that Method 1 was the one used to calculate wild encounters. Is there any harm in using Method 2 (Ex.: chance to get flagged as Hacked) or not really?

This is not a "why are my hacks failing" thread. It's to report legitimate Pokemon failing the check; not for hacks.