Beta: the pokécheck legality checker for generation 5

xfr

not sure if this helps or not, but i downloaded Bond's Crogunk (http://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=702495 i think that's his anyway) and took it to the move tutor. I was wondering if maybe there was an error when i RNGed my Crogunk, but the move tutor still showed helping hand as an option. I know there are a few websites that dont list helping hand but do list Magic Coat (what i wanted to begin with) but i think they have it backwards since helping hand is teachable and magic Coat is not. I had the same problem with another pokemon too, a Latios i think it was (i wanted Magic Coat and they offered Helping Hand).

I think this is because of the Game you use, just have a look at bulbapedia, and transfer the pokemon from one g4 game to another teach it the desired move (avoid using a cheat that allows to learn every move, as this could be the problem) then after it has the desired move try to shift the mon over to g5 and do the check up! ;)

I'm guessing it's because Eevee has two abilities, Run Away, and Adapability. However, its evolutions only have one ability.

You are wron as in G5 every eeveeloution has now a 2nd Abillity, only available through DW, but as i know only the japanese Eevee´s are female so it would not be fair to do so for the male ones that were breed!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The ability of the VGC10 Eevee is Adapability, I think that the problem is in that Eevee VGC10 data have been added since the wonder card, excluding possible skills when it evolves

We are talking about a pokémon 4th generation ability DW has nothing to do with this

La habilidad del Eevee VGC10 es Adaptable,

Creo que el problema está, en que se han añadido los datos del Eevee VGC10 desde las Tarjeta misteriosa, sin incluir sus posibles habilidades cuando evoluciona

Estamos hablando sobre un pokémon 4ª generación capacidad DW no tiene nada que ver con esto

^That error happens with a LOT of 3rd gen Pokémon right now.

For the tool that checks Pokémon againsts Nintendo's hack checker... It should not attempt to check Pokémon in 4th gen format as they will all fail (wrong format). I think it would be wise to check for format before attempting to send, with 4th gen format Pokémon not being sent at all (give a different error of course).

I think this is because of the Game you use, just have a look at bulbapedia, and transfer the pokemon from one g4 game to another teach it the desired move (avoid using a cheat that allows to learn every move, as this could be the problem) then after it has the desired move try to shift the mon over to g5 and do the check up! ;)

If there was a code to get any move you wanted, Crogunk would have Mirror Coat instead of Helping hand like i wanted. Im pretty sure the websites are wrong and the game is fine

If there was a code to get any move you wanted, Crogunk would have Mirror Coat instead of Helping hand like i wanted. Im pretty sure the websites are wrong and the game is fine

U got me wrong, i was talking about a TMXX move modifier whereas you must throw away a specific number of postition 1 item in item bag and then press select (or another activator key) and TMXX becomes Move X!

And Bulbapedia should be fine, I think it is more a problem of G5 as even my Hippowdon could not be called legal - and it can learn Iron Head and Earthpower via Tutor.....but i think it has something to do with the games Pokeshifter, so instead of useing the game you should try to pokegen your PKMN and then shift it with Pokeshift to G5 correct format and check it first on your PC with Legal-checker and then check it the second time after you send it on your Game via IR-GTS or with the web based one that was linked in Pokechek, and then everything in Pokecheck should be fine!

I have this issue:

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=1095318

OT:

ㅊㅋㅎ\xFFFF\x0000\x0000\x0000\xFFFF

Does not match any region's character map.

As a matter of fact, I'm playing with a Korean Game,

Just that at the point when I made my OT, I didn't combine the "letters".

(I don't know how to explain the Hangul thing, it more like those are the "basic symbols" which can be combined to form a different word)

To further explain, the sav and pokemon was created without hacking, including starting game.

In other words, I was using the ingame character map to create my OT.

Thanks and Please assist :)

U got me wrong, i was talking about a TMXX move modifier whereas you must throw away a specific number of postition 1 item in item bag and then press select (or another activator key) and TMXX becomes Move X!

And Bulbapedia should be fine, I think it is more a problem of G5 as even my Hippowdon could not be called legal - and it can learn Iron Head and Earthpower via Tutor.....but i think it has something to do with the games Pokeshifter, so instead of useing the game you should try to pokegen your PKMN and then shift it with Pokeshift to G5 correct format and check it first on your PC with Legal-checker and then check it the second time after you send it on your Game via IR-GTS or with the web based one that was linked in Pokechek, and then everything in Pokecheck should be fine!

Please just stop talking. Dewey didn't use a learn any move modifier. The problem is that Croagunk can learn Helping Hand, while most sites say it cannot. Dewey didn't change anything at all about his game.

i recently had questions about the my poke being "likely" rng abuse when he was not...

now, I'd like to know why does it give me the yellow text on my galvatula when i comes to the nickname.

is it not natural to nickname a poke after it evolves?

also whats the deal with the hacked pokerus :/

just want to know what makes this 'issues' pop up

http://i.imgur.com/VpTQu.png

i recently had questions about the my poke being "likely" rng abuse when he was not...

now, I'd like to know why does it give me the yellow text on my galvatula when i comes to the nickname.

is it not natural to nickname a poke after it evolves?

also whats the deal with the hacked pokerus :/

just want to know what makes this 'issues' pop up

http://i.imgur.com/VpTQu.png

there's nothing wrong with it

it's just a notice that it doesn't have typical trashbytes & was renamed.

default strain is the most commonly hacked strain

edited/rng abused only appears with ~5 IVs >=30

they aren't issues, just things to watch out for.

I have this issue:

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=1095318

OT:

As a matter of fact, I'm playing with a Korean Game,

Just that at the point when I made my OT, I didn't combine the "letters".

(I don't know how to explain the Hangul thing, it more like those are the "basic symbols" which can be combined to form a different word)

To further explain, the sav and pokemon was created without hacking, including starting game.

In other words, I was using the ingame character map to create my OT.

Thanks and Please assist :)

That means, you have probably manualy entered the Name of the Pokemon instead of using the Pokegen´s one, and yes pokegen has two Arabic character maps and so there seems to be the error, also likely it seems that you did not correctly state the game and location of the meet place, as i had the same problem with a pokegend G4 Pokemon that i did not want to transfer the normal way form my G4 Games! ;)

^ Please take a better look at what he said. He's playing with a real game, using the real character input.

That p-o-s Pokegen has nothing to do with it, as this topic is not for getting Gen'd pkm to pass validation.

A user is having a problem with a shiny machop he found on the Pokewalker. The PID is hacked but one thing that needs reporting is the move Bullet Punch. Machop receives bullet punch on the pokewalker in Scary Cave but it is coming up as hacked.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bullet_Punch_(move)#Special_move

Link to Machop: http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=1459538

That you may want to fix. ;)

I have a question.

If i happen to use pokecheck for several of my newly hatched dwebbles and i accidently release the wrong dweeble in my game. Would downloading it from my account count as cloning or an illegal infraction in a official tourney since it now holds a Gift Ribbon?

I have a question.

If i happen to use pokecheck for several of my newly hatched dwebbles and i accidently release the wrong dweeble in my game. Would downloading it from my account count as cloning or an illegal infraction in a official tourney since it now holds a Gift Ribbon?

If it has an illegal ribbon and the Pokemon is in your battle box (for battling) = DQ

ONLY IF IT IS USED FOR BATTLING (and you get hack checked).

Any stuff in your boxes won't be checked.

you can clone on GTS if you register your save file, and those won't come with ribbons. Alternatively, you can download the PKM and use another fakegts to deliver without a ribbon.

I have seen an error in the upon becoming of the Eevee VGC10, the Eevee is totally legitimate downloaded to my game from the mysterious cards, when entering the data to the Pokecheck from the mysterious cards to evolve the Eevee changes its ability, my question is are you can modify the data of the Pokecheck order for this not to happen and I arrived to confuse some users

Fixed (G4 static PID events can have mismatched abilities)

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=1444059

Helping Hand shows up as hacked, but the move tutor taught it to him just fine :/

Fixed

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=1446601error:

Found trash bytes from gen 4 name "뿔카노" (traded egg).

it's a gen 3 rhydon from Colo/XD and ^ shouldn't be considered as an option :)

ok

I have this issue:

OT:

I tried to fix the issue by adding the base Hangul letters to the character table:

U+314F	HANGUL LETTER A (U+314F)	ㅏ
U+3150	HANGUL LETTER AE (U+3150)	ㅐ
U+3151	HANGUL LETTER YA (U+3151)	ㅑ
U+3153	HANGUL LETTER EO (U+3153)	ㅓ
U+3154	HANGUL LETTER E (U+3154)	ㅔ
U+3155	HANGUL LETTER YEO (U+3155)	ㅕ
U+3157	HANGUL LETTER O (U+3157)	ㅗ
U+315B	HANGUL LETTER YO (U+315B)	ㅛ
U+315C	HANGUL LETTER U (U+315C)	ㅜ
U+3160	HANGUL LETTER YU (U+3160)	ㅠ
U+3161	HANGUL LETTER EU (U+3161)	ㅡ
U+3163	HANGUL LETTER I (U+3163)	ㅣ
U+3131	HANGUL LETTER KIYEOK (U+3131)	ㄱ
U+3134	HANGUL LETTER NIEUN (U+3134)	ㄴ
U+3137	HANGUL LETTER TIKEUT (U+3137)	ㄷ
U+3139	HANGUL LETTER RIEUL (U+3139)	ㄹ
U+3145	HANGUL LETTER SIOS (U+3145)	ㅅ
U+3147	HANGUL LETTER IEUNG (U+3147)	ㅇ
U+3148	HANGUL LETTER CIEUC (U+3148)	ㅈ
U+3142	HANGUL LETTER PIEUP (U+3142)	ㅂ
U+3141	HANGUL LETTER MIEUM (U+3141)	ㅁ
U+314E	HANGUL LETTER HIEUH (U+314E)	ㅎ
U+314C	HANGUL LETTER THIEUTH (U+314C)	ㅌ
U+314B	HANGUL LETTER KHIEUKH (U+314B)	ㅋ
U+314D	HANGUL LETTER PHIEUPH (U+314D)	ㅍ
U+314A	HANGUL LETTER CHIEUCH (U+314A)	ㅊ

There might be other problems with the Korean character map considering I have no idea how to use the letter based input system.

Hi, I've noticed a recent change in HGSS breeds:

"Found trash bytes but no associated name. Can be the result of a changed nickname or a combination of different kinds of trashbyte (e.g. evolve after transfer or nickname after evolution)."

Almost all HGSS breeds without a nickname has this orange text.

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=1435070

Same pokemon after having a nickname (and transfered to 5 Gen):

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=1444009

Alright I'll get a munchlax and check on HG. I'll let you know in a second.

EDIT:

Just checked ingame and munchlax can learn Superpower by the move tutor in the Battle Frontier for 48 BP. I don't have that much BP but this is a confirmation for you guys.