Beta: the pokécheck legality checker for generation 5

xfr

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know it is already known. However my Blitzle just evolve into a Zebstrika, when I check my Blitzle it was not a clone before. I caught this in the wild and have used it ever since.

However when I just come here to check it EV as a Zerstrika now, it said it shows up in the database twice and it might be a clone.

Electro Ball is Event Only, and it naturally learns Aura Sphere and Psystrike at 93 and 100, but it is received at 70.

You obivously didn't click the link(Mewtwo Wi-Fi Gift 2012) Event Mewtwo is Level 70 and has the 4 following moves. Try looking at the Event for the Pokemon next time first... Doesn't matter if he knows Psytrike/Aura Sphere(Lv.93/100) those the 2 of the moves followed by Electro Ball and Shadow Ball the Wi-Fi Event for Mewtwo has. Lv.70 Psystrike Shadow Ball Aura Sphere Electro Ball.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Carvanha from Diamond that was caught in the Great Marsh fishing with the Super Rod.

The legality analysis reports the ball as: "Safari ball on non Great Marsh Pokémon."

Poke in question:

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=884788

DPPt catch locations for Carvanha from serebii:

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/location/318.shtml#diamond

Fantastic tool regardless. Many thanks and keep up the good work!

There has been an update in the way generation 5 events are checked. Instead of the previous heuristic approach which had no exhaustive knowledge of existing events, Pokécheck will now match the information of the Pokémon with the PP wondercard archive (with Guested permission).

As a result, generation 5 event exclusive moves should be properly recognized whereas events for which no wondercard is available will show as hacked.

It is tempting to use the same method for generation 4 events, similar to how legal.exe worked, but too many generation 4 wondercards are currently missing and it is too tedious to fish out the event information manually.

Not sure what you mean by "too many" of the Gen IV cards are missing.

There are only a small handful of ones that have neither a pcd or a pgt in the Event Collection or Gallery here. (unless you count Korean events)

And you really only need the pgt to get the information you need.

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=903693 Uploaded my Shiny Larvitar from the Pokémon National championships in the UK yesterday just noting it seems to say "Hacked shiny event." and other things.. I am guessing it's just a case of the checker hasn't been updated for it yet (Seeing as it was only yesterday), if you need the card file or something I can try get that too.

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=903693 Uploaded my Shiny Larvitar from the Pokémon National championships in the UK yesterday just noting it seems to say "Hacked shiny event." and other things.. I am guessing it's just a case of the checker hasn't been updated for it yet (Seeing as it was only yesterday), if you need the card file or something I can try get that too.

Exactly. Events have to be manually updated to any legality checker.

It's important to remember that legality checkers have their primary purpose of checking something that is unknown. If you physically attended the event yourself, then you already know if it's legal or not sooo......

I encountered a False Positive. I added a Gen5 WIN2011 Celebi and everything checked out except that it has "lower than base happiness". I don't understand why it's hapiness should be marked for error. This is the exact Celebi from the Event. Recieved on SoulSilver and then Transfered to Black via the Relocator tool. The PID is "0xA10C2B9C". Any Idea why this is happening?

I'm kinda getting a false positive on cured Pokerus.

I had a Vulpix with active Pokerus type 1.2 or 1.1 (not 100% sure which) that checked out with the legality analysis.

Now that her pokerus is cured however I get this " ► Pokérus: Default strain (might be from hacked pokérus)."

Seems a bit odd that while the pokerus was active there was nothing iffy about it, but now that it's cured it is marked as possibly hacked.

All cured pokemon are showing the same note when checked. I also took a look at all my pokemon that still had active pokerus and none of their pokerus showed up as dodgy.

I did acquire pokerus at random in my game, however I also recall getting it in a trade once. I have both 1.1 and 1.2 pokerus on my game, but since most of them have 1.2 I'm assuming that's the one I've gotten on my own.

You should add an item check to the legality checker. Otherwise legal Pokémon holding un-holdable items (such as this Kyurem holding a God Stone) aren't marked as hacked.

Obviously items like this that can't be held should be marked as hacked, but unavailable hold items such as the Soul Dew should just be marked as suspicious since giving a legit Pokémon a hacked item doesn't make the Pokémon itself hacked.

Hello,

Hoping you can help. I recieved this pokemon in trade from a friend of mine living in Japan. I have never found reason to doubt them before, and any japanese event pokemon they have sent me has always come up legit.

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=924109

I was sent the new extremespeed Pikachu event and as I do with every event pokemon, ran it through your pokecheck. I recieved errors on Location, Ball and move 1 (although I expected that one)

I was wondering if you have the data for the event on your checking system, or if this is not correct.

We had discussed towards the end of Feb when the event was announced that they would be going to Kyushu station to recieve the event, and she would clone it and send it to me. I havent seen photographic evidence of this happening, but as I said, she has always been reliable in the past, so I have no reason to doubt her.... but felt it best to doublecheck before I distribute this to anyone else

Edited by Usaraud
added link