Archived Sticky: Gen IV Event Collection and Contribution Thread

Guested

Wow, that's far more detailed information than I was expecting... thanks!

I do have a question, though. I was recently told that the local events for Gen V are done by IR so people have to use a retail cartridge to get them... the same person also said a lot of Gen IV events were done by Slot 2 distribution for the same reason. So are you sure that these local ones were wireless?

;)

I've got no definitive confirmation that they weren't also distributed through slot-2 cartridges. However, since I've always been able to find details of local wireless distributions whenever they have been different from standard (i.e. Goon's Scizor and Ash's Pikachu via DS Download Stations, the recent Zoroark distribution via IR, which I confirm; slot-2 events in other languages), I believe I would have found details about a slot-2 distribution if it had happened. Another fact: in April, 2010, the DSi has been launched in Korea; I think it's safe to assume that every event after that date has been distributed through local wireless (in order to not exclude DSi players from the distribution).

Well, it's more of an issue of whether it was JUST by Wireless or JUST by Slot 2. In Japan, all of the events that used Slot 2 had DS Lites loaded with the distro cart that were kept by staff members... you'd give them your game, and they'd manage the distribution. They of course wouldn't accept a flash cart, they would only take real games.

Now that S Korea is using IR to prevent flash cart users from getting events, I was just wondering how far that strategy goes back... they could have used Slot 2 for some of their Gen IV local distributions (obviously not the Wifi or Download Station ones).

Since you seem to have a lot of info, I'd like to ask you one more question:

Do you know if any events were restricted to certain versions of the game? Some events in US/Japan were only available to Platinum or HGSS, for example.

Since you seem to have a lot of info, I'd like to ask you one more question:

Do you know if any events were restricted to certain versions of the game? Some events in US/Japan were only available to Platinum or HGSS, for example.

Of course! Here's the list:

Nintendo of Korea Manaphy – D/P

Nintendo of Korea Rayquaza – D/P

Nintendo of Korea Deoxys – D/P

Nintendo of Korea Darkrai – D/P

Nintendo of Korea Mew – D/P

Battle Series 2009 Arcanine – D/P

Nintendo of Korea Regigigas – D/P (unlocks Regi chambers when transferred to Pt)

Shin Sae Gae Munchlax – D/P

Shin Sae Gae Feebas – D/P

Character Fair Shaymin – D/P/Pt

Character Fair Pikachu – D/P/Pt

Mikena Pichu – D/P/Pt

Movie Arceus – D/P/Pt (unlocks Sinjoh Ruins event when transferred to HG/SS)

Nintendo of Korea Jirachi – HG/SS (unlocks Night Sky's Edge PokéWalker course)

Times Square Shaymin – D/P/Pt/HG/SS

Character Fair Milotic – HG/SS

Crown Raikou/Entei/Suicune [all OTs] – D/P/Pt/HG/SS (unlock Lostlorn Forest event when transferred to B/W)

Daigeon's Scizor – D/P/Pt/HG/SS

Han Jiu's Pikachu – D/P/Pt/HG/SS

Missing Events

Pikachu Café Magmortar/Electivire/Tangrowth – D/P

Cinema Celebi – D/P/Pt/HG/SS

Shin Sae Gae Manaphy – D/P/Pt/HG/SS

The Japanese Generation IV page in the Event Gallery is finally ready to go!

http://projectpokemon.org/events/jp-IV.php

If you notice any broken links, errors in the data, or anything else weird, please report here:

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?17603-Event-Gallery-Error-Reporting

The Korean page will be next, but I first need to solve the mystery of the conflicting WC IDs... but I'm pretty sure I've just about rooted out which one is bad and which are good.

• 5 months later...

This update was long overdue, but it was discovered that the Korean Character Fair Milotic in this collection was not a valid WC. There was an overlap with another WC which we determined to be correct, so it meant the Milotic was incorrect. Please download the new version of the collection.

2-26-2012

Collection archive updated

Removed:

Incorrect Korean Character Fair Milotic

In other news, the Korean Generation IV page for the Event Gallery is FINALLY up!

http://projectpokemon.org/events/ko-IV.php

As always, if you notice any broken links, errors in the data, or anything else weird, please report here:

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?17603-Event-Gallery-Error-Reporting

Edited by Guested

• 2 weeks later...

3-8-2012

Replaced:

Incorrect Italian Ranger 3 Deoxys formes (Normal, Defense, Speed)

Vicjor pointed out that the recent three additions to the Italian Ranger files were incorrect. They've been replaced here in the collection, as well as the Gallery.

• 5 weeks later...

I forgot I had the VGC 2010 French Eevee's Wondercard and I can extract it.

wonder10.png

VGC 2010 French Eevee (from Lyon, 12th June 2010)

Card IDs : 52

Card titles : Un EVOLI de couleur différente!

Card comments :

Merci d'être venu au Championnat de

Jeu Vidéo Pokémon 2010!

Sauvegardez une fois que

vous aurez récupéré EVOLI

dans une Boutique Pokémon.

Date cards received : 12th June 2010

Pokémon icons : #133

VGC 2010 French Ee&.rar

VGC 2010 French Ee&.rar

Thanks to lugialucario for contributing this missing event!

(and Djidane for extraction support)

I've added it to the Gallery and collection zip (and replaced the buggy Oak's Letter pgt files in the collection zip)

4-11-2012

Added:

Replaced:

Buggy Oak's Letter pgt files (all languages)

• 3 months later...

Hey, I went through some of my old save files and found some untouched wonder cards so I extracted some of the missing Korean events. (Used pokegen to extract, hope the files are not messed up)

The zip file contains pcd for the following:

Characterfair Shaymin, Korean Crown Entei, Korean Crown Raikou (sorry apparantly I didn't go get Suicune...bleh), NOK Regigigas, Shinsegae Feebas, and Shinsegae Munchlax.

Hope that helps fill up some empty holes

edit: if the said pcd don't work PM me or something and I'll send you my save files

Edited by Guested

Okay, got an update today!

Pretty significant one, thanks to Shadow_Link's contribution!

7-15-2012

Added:

Replaced:

• 5 weeks later...
I've checked this thread, I had totally missed that three Italian Ranger 3 Deoxys still haven't been contributed. Here they are, from my collection.

--

a7gi1.png

Pokémon Ranger 3 Deoxys - Normal/Defence/Speed Forme (ITA)

Card IDs: 182

Card titles: Gentile Allenatore di Pokémon:

Card comments:

La Federazione Ranger ti affida

un esemplare di DEOXYS.

Proteggilo e trattalo con

la massima cura!

Date cards received: 7th December, 2010

Pokémon icons: #386

I WANT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! please help me where is the link

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
This update was long overdue, but it was discovered that the Korean Character Fair Milotic in this collection was not a valid WC. There was an overlap with another WC which we determined to be correct, so it meant the Milotic was incorrect. Please download the new version of the collection.

As it turns out, the incorrect WC files were actually the ones first contributed by Orcamania. The batch later contributed (that included this Milotic) by kkk49 have been confirmed by several sources to be the actual WC files. The original Milotic has been put back in the Gallery and collection zip, and the listed WCs below have been replaced. If you downloaded these, please download them again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

8-18-2013

Re-added:

Korean Character Fair Milotic

Replaced:

Time Square Shaymin
  • Sightseeing Course Map
  • Winner's Path Course Map
  • Enigma Stone

• 11 months later...

I know this thread is old but i think this is the right place t o post this

I think some of the gen 3 Pokemon events are fake