Archived Sticky: Gen V Event Collection and Contribution Thread

Guested

Maybe I judged too fast.

I could be wrong in case there were 2 different distributions of Plasma Deoxys in Korea.

But i'm not aware of anything like that. I'll investigate.

If people has info, please contact me. Thank you. (don't mention wifi Deoxys please, this is something else).

Sorry, but I've reuploaded zelda777's above contributions with the "PPorg" tag removed from the filenames.

Because of the discrepancy and an anomaly with these files, I don't want to have them appear PPorg-approved until we can get clarification or proof on these.

I have asked zelda777 for clarification. Until that time, please be aware I am unsure about these WCs.

If anyone else has any info on these events, please feel free to say so.

Yeah,Requiem is correct.

I have 2 Deoxys .pgf from 2 Koreans received it.They has same trash bytes.

However, this Deoxys has different trash bytes.

As far as I know, pgfs don't have any effect on trash bytes if the nickname is not set.

Almost all pgfs have set it so the nickname is determined by the game when the pkm is generated.

Why not contribute yours if you trust your sources?

As far as I know, pgfs don't have any effect on trash bytes if the nickname is not set.

Almost all pgfs have set it so the nickname is determined by the game when the pkm is generated.

Why not contribute yours if you trust your sources?

Unfortunately I cannot give a correct explanation to you because I do not usually speak English.

I want to say that hexadecimal numerical value being different.

It does not match my way of thinking

Hex and Trash are not the same

Anyway, there is only one small interesting value only shown by hex. Otherwise, the difference seen in hex can also be seen on pokegen with words and numbers.

Edited by Requiem

I've replaced the Korean Victini (032 Movie 2011 Victini KOR [PPorg].pgf) in the Gallery.

There was a minor error on the file as it seems Korea's policy about ticket events is different that Japan's. It turns out a different contribution I had received was, in fact, the correct one. The correct one is up in the Gallery now. Any Pokemon generated from the previous version of the WC will not be any different from Pokemon generated from the new/correct WC. The error that was present is related to the Wonder Card itself, not the Pokemon gift.

I'm also removing the attachments for zelda777's recent Korean contributions.

He/she has not replied to clarify how these were obtained, and there are a couple points in the files that have been debunked by numerous sources. His/her previous contributions have checked out, but unfortunately, these were not the real deal. We are still awaiting contributions for these events.

Important note about older contribution of Zelda777

It is almost impossible a hacker could have made a perfect hack of Character Fair Jirachi for a few reasons. So, I am not afraid to say older contribution of Zelda777 is the real deal.

But indeed, the huge last contribution is definitly hacked. I am very curious to know what happened if Zelda comes back.

US Shiny Dialga from Gamestop.

Funny how I can't upload a pgf file without putting it in a zip file...

Great, thanks!

Were the other languages not being distributed?

Also:

...... you've contributed a used wonder card, evandixon.

Did you make a back up or extraction before picking up the pkm in-game?

Great, thanks!

Were the other languages not being distributed?

Also:

...... you've contributed a used wonder card, evandixon.

Did you make a back up or extraction before picking up the pkm in-game?

From my research, I'd have to download another ROM in order to receive different languages.

As for the wonder card, I didn't make a backup, but using the data from the wiki changed the Used bit to Unused.

From my research, I'd have to download another ROM in order to receive different languages.

That is correct. That's why I was asking people to be prepared...

As for the wonder card, I didn't make a backup, but using the data from the wiki changed the Used bit to Unused.

I definitely prefer unedited files, but...

That's not even the correct file. :P

You've contributed a Genesect.

It'll work, thanks.

I'm sure others are still going to go and I'm still hoping someone will check the other languages.

And there was talk of someone trying to sweet-talk the staff into changing dates on the distro cart's system to try and get the other two.

I guess the distro ROMs for US are different from elsewhere and don't contain the other languages. Makes sense, because the dates are different too.

Canada, Europe, Latin America, Australia/NZ... be ready!

Wonder if the other English WC will be different...