Archived Sticky: Gen V Event Collection and Contribution Thread

Guested

Just wanted to say that I've re-uploaded with newer HQ images of the German, Spanish, Italian, and French Keldeo's distribution text that I retook today.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?15282-Gen-V-Event-Collection-and-Contribution-Thread&p=152635&viewfull=1#post152635

Also, for those that wanted to know, no, Japanese BW, B2W2, and Korean BW games weren't eligible to download it of course (gives "No gifts found"). I've tested it out.

Have fun.

Okay, I've got the WC for the Eggs for Bulbasaur and Squirtle, but didn't get a Charmander.

Going to try to get a new batch of stickers and try again.

They have the same WC ID, so this means that you can get the same WC multiple times if it is by IR.

Bulbasaur has its Defense IV set to 31, and Squirtle has its HP IV set to 31.

Japanese Gen V Event Gallery

kanto.jpg

kanto3.jpg

kanto4.jpg

And this rule applied to all prior IR Wonder Cards?

Must have. Edit: Must not have because Requiem reminded me of the Kyushu events, which were also IR but definitely WERE restricted to one-per-game.

Unless there's something in the pgf data that allows it to be obtained multiple times. <-- Must be this. I haven't taken a close look at these, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't anything like that found before.

Good cards to analyze would be these and the Fossil pokemon WCs.

Edit: At a quick glance, I see that these egg WCs and the Fossil ones have the card used/unused byte (0xB4) as 0. Usually, this is 1 (for unused) and 3 (for used). However, we've seen this before in the movie pre-order Victini as well as the movie pre-order Keldeo (also Searcher Axew). Oddly, though, not on the Birthday cards (I can personally verify Keldeo, these eggs, and the Birthday Audino).

SO, what this COULD mean is that if it is set to 0, it is allowed to be obtained multiple times, whereas 1 puts a block on it (???). And that would mean that you only get one Audino on your birthday, but can get multiple Victini/Keldeo for however many tickets you bought, multiple Eggs for however many sticker sets you collected, multiple Axew for however many times you do the Searcher activity, and multiple Fossil Pokemon for however many times you do the Adventure Camp activity.

^ Just a theory. It could just be that IR is not restricted. (or that it is related to something else completely)

Can't test this as I don't own an IR distribution cart, and I have no idea if this byte would affect distributions via wireless. <--- could be worth researching.

I'm not sure what you mean by IR but if you just mean in-life Events, you're wrong.

Fossils were limited to one, isn't it?

Same for TFE and Kyushu, you were supposed to travel or have a few games (or start new game) if you wanted them all. That is if you play the legit way.

You can get as much PGF as you want for this egg event as long as you have stickers.

Knowing this, things would be complicated if the Event follows the ID rule.

Theory:

I think it's simply a trick. The distribution cart probably gives a fake ID to your game and so the PGF is allowed.

That way, nintendo doesn't have to worry about WC ID if they want to offer illimited distribution

IR means Infrared (so, an in-real-life distribution, but not wireless)

I just skimmed a random selection of the Kyushu events as well as the Groudon/Kyogre from the Fukuoka PC, and those all had 1, which would keep them restricted to only one download (which follows my theory).

The distribution cart did NOT give my game a fake ID. The 95 ID number IS saved in my list of WCs on my sav file of my B2 game, and 69 from Keldeo IS saved on the list on my Black sav file.

TFE was Local Wireless, so was definitely limited to 1 per event/school.

The website for the egg events says that you CAN get multiple eggs on the same game cart. The website for the Fossils says that you get one per time that you participate in the event, but does not say either way about limiting it to one per game. (However, these have 0, so would fit my theory of being non-restricted).

I answer here to not discuss too much on contribution thread:

(Guested edit: It's fine... probably not a whole lot more to about at this point until more research is done)

IR means Infrared (so, an in-real-life distribution, but not wireless)

I just skimmed a random selection of the Kyushu events as well as the Groudon/Kyogre from the Fukuoka PC, and those all had 1, which would keep them restricted to only one download (which follows my theory).

The distribution cart did NOT give my game a fake ID. The 95 ID number IS saved in my list of WCs on my sav file of my B2 game, and 69 from Keldeo IS saved on the list on my Black sav file.

TFE was Local Wireless, so was definitely limited to 1 per event/school.

The website for the egg events says that you CAN get multiple eggs on the same game cart. The website for the Fossils says that you get one per time that you participate in the event, but does not say either way about limiting it to one per game. (However, these have 0, so would fit my theory of being non-restricted).

Well I can be wrong but your game is limited by this:

- Current PGF in mystery gift

- Used PGF (deleted or not)

I never tried but normally, if you delete a PGF without using it, you should be able to download it again.

Maibe someone motivated can try with Korean Dragons.

So here is my theory:

Example

The distribution cart says to your game the ID is 3000. Your game checks... don't have it -> allowed.

But when you get it, the ID is 96. your game was fooled by distribution device.

And since ID 3000 isn't in your current or used PGF, your game can be fooled again and again.

I never tried but normally, if you delete a PGF without using it, you should be able to download it again.

Maibe someone motivated can try with Korean Dragons.

No, the game keeps a list of WC IDs you have obtained, regardless of if you have deleted them from your album. You would have to delete them from the hidden list using Pokegen.

So here is my theory:

Example

The distribution cart says to your game the ID is 3000. Your game checks... don't have it -> allowed.

But when you get it, the ID is 96. your game was fooled by distribution device.

And since ID 3000 isn't in your current or used PGF, your game can be fooled again and again.

This is possible, but the pattern of restricted and not restricted Mystery Gifts seems to fall in line with the 0 and 1 thing I pointed out.

If this restriction also applies to WCs distributed by local wireless, this could be tested.

No, the game keeps a list of WC IDs you have obtained, regardless of if you have deleted them from your album. You would have to delete them from the hidden list using Pokegen.

OK, my bad.

This is possible, but the pattern of restricted and not restricted Mystery Gifts seems to fall in line with the 0 and 1 thing I pointed out.

If this restriction also applies to WCs distributed by local wireless, this could be tested.

You're right, it can be the PGF itself. But in that case i'm kinda surprised Nintendo never used this before. Or would it ba a new function with B2W2?

Illimited event would have no meaning if it's not IR event traded for stickers or stuff like that. So yes, that kind of event will probably be IR only.

But i don't think it depends on the distribution method itself, they can do it with wifi if they want but there is no meaning.

Except if Gamefreaqs lose its mind and make an event like: "fill all your boxes with pikachu"

But in that case, is the current pokegen able to copy all B2W2 PGF info correctly when extracting?

You're right, it can be the PGF itself. But in that case i'm kinda surprised Nintendo never used this before. Or would it ba a new function with B2W2?

If it IS the thing with the pgf, it is not a new thing as it also appeared with Victini, etc.

But it could also be something set on the distro ROM side. I just noticed the pattern, that's all.

But in that case, is the current pokegen able to copy all B2W2 PGF info correctly when extracting?

B2W2 pgfs are identical to BW. So yes.

The 0xB4 flag determines, whether the recipient will be OT or not.

Actually, that's whether or not the card has been used or not, as we were discussing.

0x4A-0x59 is the range for OT, and it looks like if it's all FF, then it uses the player's OT (at least from looking at the eggs' WCs).