Archived Sticky: Gen V Event Collection and Contribution Thread

Guested

Thanks to Nigoli, we've updated the collection with the Singing Pikachu from the a-nation for Life event in Aichi, which featured a performance from SKE48.

8-14-2011

Collection archive updated

Added:

Singing Pikachu (SKE48 OT)

Thanks for coming through again this year, OmegaDonut! Everyone appreciates your contribution, I'm sure.

I'll add this to the collection now.

8-19-2011

Added:

Worlds 2011 Scrafty

Update: It has come up that unlike previous World Championships, the Scrafty gift was distributed to every language WITH a unique WC title in each language. So far we only have the English card, however every version of the wonder card has the Pokemon set to English so even if the language of the WC is different, the Scrafty will always be an English "Scrafty."

Edited by Guested

Thanks to the contribution by Aurora of Darkness, we've added the Spanish Pokemon from the events in Greece in June!

8-20-2011

Added:

Spanish Snarl Zoroark, Karrablast, and Shelmet

Poorly hacked or poorly extracted... these pgfs were corrupted.

Edited by Guested

038-0.png

038-1.png038-2.png

Card Title: 「うたうピカチュウ」をうけとろう!

Card Comment: ポケモンを あそんでくわて

おりかとう!

おくりものは ポケモンセンタ-にいる

はいたついんから うけとってね!

Icon: Pokémon #25

Date Card Received: 2011.08.20

Guested edit: Checking...

Edited by Guested

Thanks to Nigoli, we've managed to get the latest Singing Pikachu from the a-nation event going on this weekend.

8-21-2011

Added:

Singing Pikachu, Chisa OT

Two are still missing, and two are yet to come!

Thanks to the contribution by Aurora of Darkness, we've added the Spanish Pokemon from the events in Greece in June!

8-20-2011

Added:

Spanish Snarl Zoroark, Karrablast, and Shelmet

The Spanish Snarl Zoroark, Karrablast, and Shelmet aren't real because the text isn't in spanish. It is translated by Google, because the text would be ¡Un Zoroark especial!, ¡Es un Karrablast!, ¡Es un Shelmet! with double exclamtion and the text of Zoroark isn't full translated (A Zoroark especial!).

Why I know it? Because I'm spanish and the text isn't in spanish, is it modified by the person who contributed it.

Please remove the false pgf.

I was aware of all of these things, but the user who contributed them said he attended the event in Greece so I took his word for it. If it was translated by google, it doesn't make sense that two of them would come out with "es un" and the other would still be "a." In this case, I assumed it was possible that the event organizers did not enter it in correctly, as the event was in Greece and not Spain.

I've been keeping these ones under consideration, but until there is some other kind of evidence (photos, videos, a new pgf) or a distribution of these Pokemon IN Spain, there isn't really any way to surely disprove them.

I'm not being defensive here, I'm trying to be objective and listen to all of the possibilities.

The missing exclamation point is a valid point, as (in addition to being proper grammar) previous Spanish events have had both.

Perhaps you could contact Nintendo of Europe or Pokemon to ask the Spanish division whether this is the real deal or not? We don't have a lot of users in Spain, as far as I know...

I think (really, I know) the distribution rom has the all nacionalities with the right text, so I think if it won't distributed in Spain it would be completely in english (like the victiny rom which has the JAP and KOR distributions in english).

So the pkm. file can be real, so it's probably will distribute with that same ID and EO but the text is surely wrong.

I try to translate the english text with google for prove to you that the translation is from the google translator:

A special Zoroark! = A Zoroark especial! The same wrong translation on the wondercard

It's a Karrablast! = Es un Karrablast! The same wrong translation on the wondercard

It's a Shelmet! = Es un Shelmet! The same wrong translation on the wondercard

You can try it, you will see I am right.

I don't think Nintendo would be distributing an event with a wrong text, if they won't distribute it in Spain, the rom would have the text in english, not in spanglish.

I think it's probably a fake contribution, not a nintendo error. I don't think nintendo distribute a wondercard translated by Google

I didn't come to that conclusion, because google translate gives me "un Zoroark especial!" as the translation for the Zoroark one, instead of "a".

I think (really, I know)

Do you know from having seen something? Or do you just assume?

We have one more source we can check this against, and I'm waiting to hear back.

capturazxa.png

You can see if I translate the text by Google it gives me A Zoroark especial!

Why I told I know the distribution would be in right spanish?

Because all the european distribution (you can see the hacked distribution of Shaymin, Arceus and Victiny) has all the languages in an unique cardtrige. So it wouldn't be an exception if it is an exception it would be in english no in spanglish.

I have researched about all the editing of the distributions rom of 4th and 5th generation, and I helped to the research of the program of Kyohack and _Julian_ Pokémon Distro ROM Editor, so I know very well how are the european distributions roms. That distro wouldn't be different than the others.

When I use google translate, it doesn't come out that way.

I agree with you about the Spanish mistakes, but it doesn't prove or disprove anything. We have seen Wonder Cards with errors before, and this was an event held in Greece and wasn't announced in any Spanish language, anyway.

We can't prove anything until we have something else to check it against. And I like I said, I am waiting to hear back on that. In the meantime, there is nothing to say that the resulting pkm would not be as it should.

Other thing you can see is that the french, english, german and italian has on the offset 0D a 00 so it means it was received (received not used) in the game but the spanish has a 02 that means it wasn't received of it was modified to change the OT or maybe it change it for have one wondercard without any modification (like in the distro rom). But I think it is very strange that the unique wondercard that have that offset so, is the wondercard that have the text wrong.

Other thing you can see is that the french, english, german and italian has on the offset 0D a 00 so it means it was received (received not used) in the game but the spanish has a 02 that means it wasn't received of it was modified to change the OT or maybe it change it for have one wondercard without any modification (like in the distro rom). But I think it is very strange that the unique wondercard that have that offset so, is the wondercard that have the text wrong.

0x0D is the Secondary ribbon.

0x02 @ 0x0D ==> Memorial Ribbon, instead of No Ribbon (00)

We know how wondercards work and what the structure is.

Since it seems there are some errors with the ribbons as well, I'm taking these down until we can further confirm things.

Please removed these three events from your collection, or download the new updated zip collection.

Edited by Guested

I just got back from today's a-nation for Life event, and I'll be uploading the アミーゴ OT Singing Pikachu to the collection shortly.

Here's some photos, if anyone is interested.

IMG_0290.JPG

IMG_0281.JPG

IMG_0282.JPG

IMG_0283.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_0286.JPG

Edited by Guested

Just got back from a second day at a-nation for Life. Here's the ELT Singing Pikachu!

8-28-2011

Added:

Singing Pikachu, ELT OT

Photos... same stuff, better weather:

IMG_0291.JPG

IMG_0292.JPG

IMG_0293.JPG

IMG_0295.JPG

Edited by Guested

I'm sorry if this post is out of place, I didn't know where else to post this. (please feel free to move it to it's proper place)

The English Zoroark Event in the file in the first post is it for Greece only, or is it also valid for US, UK, Portugal, Netherlands, Australia and other countries that don't have localized Pokemon games? (as far as date is concerned and such)

If not, maybe it would be an idea to mention that in the archive e.g. English (US), English (UK), English (EUR) and English (AUS). (hope I covered all the variations)

P.S. Eveybody who uploads events... :cool: and thnx a million to Guested for checking them and putting them in one neat file. super:cool:

It's a good question. When there are more than one country/region where an English (or other language) event is distributed, they are noted. The English events from the Greek event are marked as such.

These three have ONLY been released in English in Greece (so far), but as far as I know... the lockouts are by game language, so if someone with an English game from the US went, they would have been able to download it.... but we might need someone to confirm that.

It's using the seasonal notation

"It" = what? The file? Or the event. The OT of the event is SMR2011, so yes.

The filename is "030 Snarl Zoroark (Greek Multirama).pgf," so no.

But yes, English because the language is English and it goes to English games.

8-30-2011

The Event Database as been reopened as the Event Gallery! It contains much more information and images than previous versions. The zip collection here will continue to be updated along with the Gallery, and you can always find the latest info in the Gallery.

The zip collection format has been changed to use the file names for the Gallery which include the WC ID number and a language abbreviation. Event names were also adjusted to make things more uniform.

038-0.png

038-1.png038-2.png

Card Title: 「うたうピカチュウ」をうけとろう!

Card Comment: ポケモンを あそんでくわて

おりかとう!

おくりものは ポケモンセンタ-にいる

はいたついんから うけとってね!

Icon: Pokémon #25

Date Card Received: 2011.07.30

Guested edit: Thanks! Checking and adding...