My drawings

• 3 months later...

It is a pretty good drawing, Shut_Ur_Meowth! (hopeless, those usernames with a 'hidden message' in it. xD)

If I have to make up something you can improve in, it would be the way how you worked with color pencil. Firstly, I would recommend you to colour things in circular motion, instead of 'scratching' horizontal, diagonal and vertical. I can see exactly how you coloured along your black lines (at the bottom of its bulb, for a clear example). It is a pity when you can see it that clearly! :( Circular motions create less 'scratched' results, although you still must not bring to much pressure on your pencil - otherwise you will see circles instead of stripes! I am aware of the fact that the pencil scratches are much more visible on a scan, so you won't see those things that clear on your original, I think. Secondly, I see you are working with some highlights (of sunlight, probably), which is well done! But I have the feeling you forget about it when you coloured the darker spots of Bulbasaur. The two forelegs both have a spot on it on which you drew a highlight, while the whole part of that leg is highlighted in the softer colour. That could not be right, could it? ;) I think you have to make the whole spot less dark in such cases.

That are the practical tips I want you to give, because I think you can make your drawings much more beautiful by improve those little things of colouring! It is really simple to do the next time you make a drawing. :) I hope it will help you!

Hmm.. the only part I think meowth messed up is the hind part. Maybe he got a bit lazy and just wanted to finish the colors. But over all I appreciate his style like the effects of light as seen in its bulb. I think he's more of a oil pastel guy(boy or what ever he/she is).

Color pencil is very nice to color with. I usually have a heavy hand when writing, but I ease up when using colored pencils. My usual style is going at in diagonal strokes and it seem fine.